Possible weapon damage to compensate for medical nerfs

Right now marines are going to be out of the fight longer due to recent medical PRs, would a buff to marine weapons compensate for the marine casualties unable to be treated and less effective chems

1 Like

what if we add in stuff to the game that promotes roleplay and not TDM

8 Likes

I suppose most times standard marines don’t “run out” unless it’s a complete wipe and usually only three non-IFF marines can fire at the same time, so this combined with the medical nerfs would probaly be a marine buff. And yes, I agree with @sapper, lets add some RP instead of “brrrrt, get slashed, cope about how you aren’t able to respawn next to the front and instead have to wait one minute until you are treated”.

1 Like

The problem with that is majority of the game is based around Brrt and TDM adding RP elements which would be nice only would effect a small part of the game and players

That’s why we should add mechanics encouraging RP so it affects more players. I guess you are able to find a better TDM game than SS13, but RP makes it unique.

1 Like

wait wtf I thought roleplay was against the rules on this server?

*shoots you with my gun

i really don’t think a damage or weapon buff in any capacity would compensate for the medical nerfs. if anything, i would kill just for even a barely marginally less fracture chance. but then again, i also play this game like an aggressive crackhead so it’s also usually my own fault

1 Like

This is a monkey’s paw situation. If you did buff marine gun damage across the board, suddenly Marines die more to friendly fire.

In any case I believe weapons damage is fine, you can kill virtually every single xeno with a single m41a magazine if you land your shots (easier said than done)

2 Likes

I don’t see the logic behind arriving to that conclusion.

Healing is harder, so make weapons deal more damage? If anyting, nerfing xeno slash and abilities damage, that would atleast directly address the issue.
More weapon damage would just tip the scale to either xeno complete stomp, or marine complete stomp.

That would be an easy bandaid solution for this massive change that was dropped on the server without anything even remotely developed in sight to balance stuff out.

1 Like