Post to share research knowledge, tests and ideas.

Honestly i been sitting on some stuff i been wanting to try but couldnt because i dont play research as much anymore and am too dumb to make a private server.
So i just wanted to let everyone partake in my research plans and ideas and what tipps and tricks i already discorverd. (I will keep editing this over the time for new shit i come up with or find. Also because i forget half of what i know)
If you found out some cool stuff or combination do tell em. Who knows, maybe someone knows the sercet sauce to make it work, or already did. Or maybe just somethig simpel you dont even see plat players know about.
This is lowkey also a list for me for stuff i need to do.
And so my ideas wont go into the void forever and may be used by others.

Here is what i found out:

• Defibrilating works all by itself, you dont need another property to make it work. Adding it to the chemical makes it work on both alive and dead subjects. From my tests it works from only from lv3 and above.
    (+ lv10 defi smoke for mass ressing thanks for the heal boost equivelant to the defi lv. Dont know if the lv7 on touch effect works with smoke yet)
    [For whom remembers this how i made that imortality stim a while back. If you want to make it too, now you know how. Just slap NGN5 on it too. That should do as a solid base.]

• All cost 1 per lv propertys cost only 1 point per lv until lv5. From lv6 upwards the cost increases. Making propertys like NGN, cheaper to set to lv5 when creating instead of amping from lv1. Because all propertys (expect a few special ones) cost the same when amping.

Here is what needs testing:

• Cryometabolizing + Hypothermic.
    Basicly a getto boosting or Cryoxadone on the go. Came to that idea because Cryoxadone only has Lv1 in ALL ITS PROPERTYS. Imagine Cryoxadone working without cryocell and 5x as strong. No idea what lv Hypothermic needs to be to go under 170K though.

• Lv1 Hemositic(from eggplasma) + Lv5 Hemogenic + Regulating.
    Bro, this would just be a base for a stim that regenerates itself in the hosts endlessly. I dont think i need to tell you why this is incredibly good.
    Hell, if you use Hypermetabolic with the rigth Lv INSTEAD of Regulating you could make it so the stim always regenerates but is used up just as fast as its produced. So no legeandry property needed. No idea what Lv of Hypermetabolic though.

I dont know if this better fits in acid goop. Move it there if it does. I just wanted to share my knowledge so it wont rot alone.

CMB lets you use anti-xeno chemicals without overdosing marines and getting them killed. Avoid CRS and NRC though, that stuff can melt helmets off and paincrit them.

1 Like

Pretty obvious, but people might not know it. Regulating is extremely OP. Not only it removes OD (which is a good bonus, but doesn’t sound like something necessary at the first glance), it let’s you to make stims extremely cheap. Usually you need to spend a significant amount of points to set high OD threshold (especially if you intend to amplify to achieve easier recipe), but with regulating you can just set initial OD to 5 and save a lot of points.

1 Like

Just check the code and have your questions answered, its open source after all.

3 Likes

Research code is literally incomprehensible.

It is better for guides I would say it is basically A bunch of research players getting together to make new things

Okay LOOK its not THAT bad, theres just 5 different level/potency/power/lvl/roll vars that all have a DIFFERENT meaning, its not THAT hard!!

1 Like

before I do anything in CM as riflemen I use my photographic memory of the code to recreate the entire server and every process actively occurring on it within my mind, from there the only factors that are out of my control are the human factors which I usually run three simultaneous locals in my mind to try and predict the activity of the xenos. it is very easy when I know exactly the falloff and distance of OT nades so I can stand perfectly behind the blast range when my teammate throws one into my back. it kinda sucks when I get hung up on poorly written code and runtimes but yeah just look at the code and everything in the game will make perfect sense because everything is so clearly well written and defined in this codebase.

2 Likes

But where is the art in that? Where is the potential server ban because you tested your chem on a marine instead of a monkey again.

@kiVts True. I always forget there are more places to post stuff then Discussion/Ideaguys/accid goop.
Or that other parts even exist.