powerfulXtian - Player Report: Unknown (as Hugh 'Hugo' Howards), Rule 4: No griefing - EROG, possibly Rule 3: Community Expectations - Don't be a dick

powerfulXtian - Player Report: Unknown (as Hugh ‘Hugo’ Howards), Rule 4: No griefing - EROG, possibly Rule 3: Community Expectations - Don’t be a dick

What’s your BYOND key?

powerfulXtian

Round ID:

Your character name:

Wayne Durstine

Accused BYOND key:

Unknown

Accused character name:

Unknown (as Hugh ‘Hugo’ Howards)

What rule(s) were broken?:

Rule 4: No griefing - EROG, possibly Rule 3: Community Expectations - Don’t be a dick

Description of the incident:

Not much to say, I’ll keep it brief.

At the end of the round I had a kitchen set up at the FOB. Me alongside a few other marines were sitting down and enjoying the food as it was the end of the round. Suddenly out of nowhere and without prior escalation an Alpha Comtech places an explosive on the tent. It took me a minute to realize before I made my way out of the way of the C4. The tent alongside a marine were blown up, alongside all my kitchen equipment. I shoot a quick ahelp then walk up to the marine and proceed to unload my pistol onto him. To of which nothing of note happened after, as the round ended.

I admit that I did bypass normal escalation, and will take an EROG if admins deem it nessecary. However, this player’s actions in both grief and endangering other marines led me to believe it was acceptable to bypass escalation and shoot him. Anyway, blowing up my tent is very much a dick move and is grief, I have not commited any actions to the player to the round prior, so I do not know what his motives even are. Thus, I am accusing the player of breaking rule four and rule three, as EROG is self explanatory and I believe it falls under rule three’s “don’t be a dick” rule as they have ruined a fun moment within the round.

Evidence:

Accused planting explosives onto the tent

Unknown (as Wayne Durstine) has thrown the kitchen knife.
Unknown (as Hugh ‘Hugo’ Howards) is trying to plant Mining explosives on the tent! *
Cpl Isabel Lopits gasps
Thomas Neumann talks into the marine charlie engineer radio headset

LCpl Aidel Curran says, “And there she goes.”
OOC: Greenfire0215: i think you mean, chance’s lame
Bob Good starts dialing the M402 mortar portable kit’s firing angle and distance.
PVT Wayne Durstine(as Wayne Durstine) says, “Anyone got flares?”
Isabel Lopits unbuckled !
Bob Good finishes dialing the M402 mortar portable kit’s firing angle and distance.
Thomas Neumann talks into the marine charlie engineer radio headset
Cpl Isabel Lopits stutters, “Ugh”
LCpl Kyle Blaskodonokowski says, “Bruh”
PVT Unknown (as Wayne Durstine) screams!
Bob Good starts adjusting the M402 mortar portable kit’s firing angle and distance.
Cpl Isabel Lopits stutters, “O’h”
Unknown (as Hugh ‘Hugo’ Howards) is trying to plant Mining explosives on the tent! *

Tent blowing up

Thomas Neumann slams into the Dinnerware!
Isabel Lopits has been hit in the right foot by Cuban Carp.
Isabel Lopits has been hit in the chest by Bahama Mama.
Isabel Lopits has been hit in the chest by Meatpizza slice.
x2

Isabel Lopits has been hit in the head by Meatpizza slice.
Isabel Lopits has been hit in the left arm by Meatpizza slice.
Aidel Curran has been hit in the chest by Cream Cheese Bread.
Aidel Curran has been hit in the chest by the cheeseburger.
Aidel Curran has been hit in the chest by Loaded Baked Potato.
Aidel Curran has been hit in the chest by the kitchen knife.
Isabel Lopits has been hit in the chest by the cheeseburger.
Isabel Lopits has been hit in the right hand by Cheese Cake slice.
Packaged Cheeseburger is mangled into uselessness by the blast!
Packaged Cheeseburger is destroyed by the blast!
Weyland-Yutani Pepper Chips is destroyed by the blast!

Promptly walking up to him and unloading my pistol:
6+1 / 12 ROUNDS REMAINING
The pistol bullet misses Unknown (as Victor Danko)!
Bob Good is hit by the pistol bullet in the right arm!
5+1 / 12 ROUNDS REMAINING
Unknown (as Victor Danko) is hit by the pistol bullet in the right leg!
4+1 / 12 ROUNDS REMAINING
PFC Unknown (as Victor Danko) yawns.
3+1 / 12 ROUNDS REMAINING
Unknown (as Hugh ‘Hugo’ Howards) is hit by the pistol bullet in the right leg!
You are now carrying M4A3 service pistol with one hand.
Unknown (as Victor Danko) tries to put the cable restraints on Unknown (as Wayne Durstine).
PVT Wayne Durstine(as Wayne Durstine) says, “FCKING”
LCpl Hugh ‘Hugo’ Howards(as Hugh ‘Hugo’ Howards) says, “The hell”
PVT Wayne Durstine(as Wayne Durstine) says, “ASS”

Hugo blows up the tent wordlessly, Wayne A-helps.

[2024-01-05 22:55:24.916] GAME: (Hugh ‘Hugo’ Howards) planted Mining explosives on tent at (24,106,2) with 30 second fuse
[2024-01-05 22:55:51.568] SAY: Unknown (as Hugh ‘Hugo’ Howards) [1]: HUH (JOB: Combat Technician)
[2024-01-05 22:55:53.295] ADMIN: Ticket #5: (Wayne Durstine): Unknown (as Hugh ‘Hugo’ Howards is trying to blow up my tent.
[2024-01-05 22:56:00.997] SAY: Unknown (as Wayne Durstine) [1]: FCKING (JOB: Mess Technician)
[2024-01-05 22:56:01.770] SAY: Unknown (as Hugh ‘Hugo’ Howards) [1]: The hell (JOB: Combat Technician)
[2024-01-05 22:56:01.818] SAY: Unknown (as Wayne Durstine) [1]: ASS (JOB: Mess Technician)
[2024-01-05 22:56:10.263] SAY: Unknown (as Wayne Durstine) [1]: YOU BLEW (JOB: Mess Technician)
[2024-01-05 22:56:13.283] SAY: Unknown (as Wayne Durstine) [1]: UP MY TENT (JOB: Mess Technician)

Attack Logs.

[2024-01-05 22:55:55.025] ATTACK: (Hugh ‘Hugo’ Howards) blew up (Thomas Neumann) with a plastic explosives in the Cargo Landing Pad
[2024-01-05 22:55:55.082] ATTACK: (Thomas Neumann) was harmed by explosion in Cargo Landing Pad caused by plastic explosives at (26,106,2)
[2024-01-05 22:55:55.083] ATTACK: (Hugh ‘Hugo’ Howards) blew up (Thomas Neumann) with a plastic explosives in the Cargo Landing Pad
[2024-01-05 22:55:55.211] ATTACK: (Gretta ‘Getter’ Swahili) was harmed by explosion in Cargo Landing Pad caused by plastic explosives at (27,104,2)
[2024-01-05 22:55:55.211] ATTACK: (Hugh ‘Hugo’ Howards) blew up (Gretta ‘Getter’ Swahili) with a plastic explosives in the Cargo Landing Pad
[2024-01-05 22:55:55.862] ATTACK: (Hugh ‘Hugo’ Howards) shot (Bob Good) with a sparks in the Cargo Landing Pad
[2024-01-05 22:55:58.577] ATTACK: (Wayne Durstine) shot (Hugh ‘Hugo’ Howards) with a pistol bullet in the Cargo Landing Pad

round ends a minute after the incident.

Added report:needverdict and removed report:pendinglogs

Hello Xtian and all,

After reviewing the logs Hippie posted, and also confirming that these events indeed happened after the round has officially ended, I have confirmed that the report is accurate. The accused player did End of Round Grief and did it in a way that disrupted other peoples’ roleplay. This report is approved. I am not going to sanction the account, given the relative mundanity of End of Round Grief, however I will speak with him about being considerate of other peoples’ experiences.

1 Like

Added report:approved and removed report:needverdict