"Priority" Marine Roles

When selecting a job to play as once the round has started, the game may highlight certain roles as a “priority” to be filled. This will simply change the text of that job to be more noteable and display an additional text stating “priority”.

These “priority” roles would only occur for support Marine roles and certain important shipside roles. So basically

• Corpsman
  • ComTechs
  • Medical Doctor
  • Pilot Officer

As examples.

Why: Can help slightly communicate to people what roles are very low in number compared to the rest of the Marine force at a glance. May encourage people to pick one of these roles instead of a Rifleman.

How: Tie the priority based on “expected pop”. Example being there should be 1x Corpsman per X amount of Rifleman, and if the amount of Corpsman is less than the priority text and text colour change are applied to that role.

11 Likes

Right? I’ve wanted this kind of thing to have been in the game for so long, but couldn’t really iron out the details of how I wanted it implemented, so I refrained from making a post about it.

Still, 100% agree. We need someone working on this as soon as conveniently possible.

1 Like

Honestly just have the text always show priority to corpsmen and such, it doesnt matter if you are high or low pop you always want more of these role specifically same as xenos always want more drones to weed.

However in the same vain i have my doubts it would change much, maybe one or two who regularly play medic might grab the role instead of their PFC as they see it at a glance, but theres also no downside :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

That is actually a great idea. Even if it wont do too much, it will definitly motivate some players to try other roles. Because “uhh shiny”.

And other servers do this already, for exampel i belive on yogs the HoP can highligth the jobs for late join themself each round.
Wich could be a fun way to do it as well, allowing the CO/aCO to set the highligths themself depending on the situation. Like manualy highligth PO when the only one is doing Ferry again. Or CT when the only ones doing REQ are ASO and a MP.

But hey, thats just some of my brain goop.

2 Likes

I think this is something that need to be in as fast as possible. I don’t play medic that much anymore. But if i see it was in the red, i think i would. If there is people with jack of all trades, I think it will make it much easier for them to see what is the most needed, it would make it easier to pick. I am just sad to see it is in ideaguyes, this should honestly be merged into main branch as soon as possible

2 Likes

I mean, if you really don’t want to play one of those priority roles and can still choose another one, I don’t see any downsides or limitations to this, just a useful feature.

(Now its just a thing of when you code it)

2 Likes