Admin who banned you?

cyberspire

Total Ban Duration

permanent, banned around 1-2 months ago

Remaining Duration

permanent

What other servers do you play on?

foundation 19, monke-station, tgmc

Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?

no servers currently banned on

Do you play using a Virtual Machine?

No

is your copy of Windows legitimate?

Yes

Reason for Ban:

“multi-keying”

Links to previous appeals:

x

Your appeal:

i had recently saw cm-ss13 in the server list, and because of the type of content i enjoyed at the time (stuff like tgmc), i decided to check out cm-ss13 after hearing it from some of my friends. however, after joining and generally just testing some things, and probably just not doing what i was supposed to, as i was spectating i had recieved a bwoink from that admin, asking if i had been on any accounts in the past. i haven’t, or to my knowledge, have not, and responded honestly by denying that. however, after some time, i recieved a bwoink back letting me know i was being perma’d for “multi-keying”. to my knowledge, i have had multiple BYOND accounts, and probably sometime I may have connected to the server, but even so even if i did connect, i did not recieve any notes or any punishment on those accounts, and have no bans applied to any of my accounts for TGMC. if i did connect at one point, my intent was not to casue any problems and if the admin had maybe stated said ckey that i had multi-keyed on, i wouldve been able to explain i had moved accounts. i was not evading a ban or any punishments applied and if so that was not my intent.

Hello! After doing some digging I see the circumstances of how this came to be. A couple things really quickly:

• We take Multi-keying/ban evasion pretty seriously. So if you ever connect to the server with a second (even accidentally) you run the risk of getting caught. Always hit up the admins to let them know about the mistake ASAP.
  • Priming 8 grenades in the starter bunks to check out the combat systems isn’t gonna fly here though. I’m sure the boys over at TGMC enjoy trashing the ship but the RP standards here are higher than that. If you’re wanting to try things out, use the firing range, or selfhost the codebase that way you dont run the risk of blowing your fellow players up.

So, given that your previous CKey was connected to the server for 20 seconds, 6 months ago, and both Ckeys have zero notes I’m willing to accept this appeal. Two important notes however:

1. The perma on the 2nd Ckey will stay, that way we dont have any confusion going forward on which Ckey you’re playing with. From here on we’ll assume that pumpkintheproot is the one you want
  2. I’ll be leaving an LRP note on pumpkintheproot about the grenade incident on spawn. While no one else got hurt, we don’t want marines simply blowing the ship up to “check things out”.

Otherwise this should all go in next round. Hopefully the downgrade from perma to a note is worthwhile here. Otherwise welcome back, and just keep the MRP atmosphere in mind going forward.

Added appeal:approved and removed appeal:waiting