PVT Squad

Imagine if everyone who joined as a marine but was stil PVT was put in their own little squad that a junior SEA could lead? it would be focused around teaching new guys in the field in a way that was possible, maybe restrict some of the more complicated vendor stuff too.

shit while we’re at it why not add a PVT equivalent to engi/medic/smartgunner?

The leader of it would be a gold/plat timelocked role, with strict requirements to not play as a silent PFC+, and to actually guide and help their squad in the field.

3 Likes

Go play the tutorials if you’re new

4 Likes

So basically new players get put into a baldie squad so you can powergame metarush the hive without having to care about them? I don’t think handholding new players using some special squad is the way to go, and if you think about that idea: a normal squad always has enough experienced players to ask for help. A dedicated baldie squad would be full of baldies combined with a special leader who either doesn’t exist or is busy teaching five other baldies. (Also, this kind of squad already exists, it’s called alpha)

2 Likes

I still laugh at the fact that Alpha, the squad with the most PVTs, isn’t the squad known to magdump into your back.

10 Likes

Do it. The chance for absolute chaos is a deciding factor.

I think I’d prefer as a new player to any game to not be put into the new player box until I’ve reached some arbitrary amount of hours, I’d very much rather learn by working with everybody else.

2 Likes

You dont think ALPHA is tha friendly fire squad… what game are you playing.

Their uniforms are red so the blood from the marine you just FFed doesnt show up.

2 Likes

That’s Bravo.

1 Like

It’s Charlie. They are the ones who will see a lesser drone, then magdump the nearest delta in the opposite direction. Personally, I have mostly been FFd by Charlie as well.

3 Likes

Imagine not using the chance to gun down a deltard marine as grape

5 Likes

There’s no need to teach privates in the field. It’s better to teach them in a low stress environment then a crowded fob.

I have also heard of attempts at a private squad already. Attempts did not go well and all were dead in the first twenty minutes of deployment.

3 Likes

The thing with charlie players is that 90% of us are like plat medics or ComTechs and are all about supportive roles than actually committing to learning how to fight good. The magdumps are mandatory as a Charlie.
Something about the purple makes charlie the front-support role squad.

Like 90% of charlie medics i see are plat

2 Likes

No, Charlie are the competent ones with a functioning brain, hate it or like it them’s the facts.

Alpha: Bald
Bravo: Bald
Charlie: Competent, Strong, Teamwork, Breakfast.etc
Delta: Bald

3 Likes

Thank god that the devs ignore Ideaguys

4 Likes

Liar. It’s more like:

Alpha: Wishes they could be Bravo, but can’t.
Bravo: Competent, Intelligent, Strong. Literally God’s gift to the USCM.
Charlie: Wishes they could be Bravo, but can’t.
Delta: Wishes they could be Bravo, but mentally incapable
Echo: Wannabe Bravo

4 Likes

DELTA PRIDE WORLD WIDE. Deltard for life. I dare to be stupid.

TRUE

1 Like

Yup Charlie definitely FF’s the most.

1 Like

Alpha is king of Friendly Fire.

The Grape Gang knows that Delta is the real threat! I will however admit the Charlie isn’t as great in combat as Alpha or Delta but, it’s more reliable because it doesn’t get itself slaughtered.

As for the PVT squad, I think we do fine as it is. I’d like to see more SEAs but I realize that the position requires immense dedication and I think a WL. Aside from more SEAs we just need more experienced players to step up and coach the new troops.

1 Like