Raincoat tent.

(please forgive the terrible English from the beginning, I use Google translator because I can’t communicate in English.)

So:
My idea is that in the dispenser there will simply be an opportunity to take a raincoat (as a decorative element on armor or a uniform). This will be a purely visual thing mainly for maps with jungles or where it might rain. Also, in addition to the cloak itself, you can wear a hood.

All. This is just an idea for a decorative item, simple and interesting (probably).

8 Likes

Make it a map dependant spawn (Say, not on snow or desert maps), or just have it in vendors besides the armours like how we have medical gloves for medic.

And its not like its hard to sprite, as you can just use the raincoat of the CC survivors.

1 Like

This already existed from what I know in the form of the poncho, and synths can still take it. Not sure why it was removed from normal marines.

Ponchos were denied because it covers up a marines armor, and what armor type they’re wearing is valuable information for xenos.

2 Likes

I remember similar ideas being pitched forward, to get ponchos and raincoats but they all got turned down.

The reason being, at least the one I saw from Morrowolf when they were still in charge and Harry I believe (?) was that it destroyed the uniformity and ‘regulation’ of Marine looks. Acsesscories are fine, NVGs, patches, medals, sleeves, jackets, pins, canteens, scarves, and ponchos, but it appears the line is drawn at ponchos, which I really dont mind since they’re quite an extreme change to the uniform.

They dont anymore, sprite overlay was fixed, its no longer an issue

Not bad for google translate.

Call it the “hazard weather tent”.

Pass out heated neck things and ponchos on cold maps.

2 Likes

Honestly, just some bulkier white clothing you can take underneath your armour would be nice. Like pic related

We already have that.

It would make sense mil sim wise if every marine had easy acces to a rain poncho. Being that that is pretty standart, cheap and effective gear that most marines use irl as well.
And with it being already in the code, there is no real reason to not add it. Only argument i could see would be “I dislike swagger”

Yes, this picture looks almost perfect, but I also imagine canvas raincoat

Like those in the picture:

Great idea ^-^

Cosmetic options for marines are one of those things that [I believe] the maintainers are always willing to see added so long as they fit the setting and lore. I can’t see why a poncho wouldn’t do that, just need someone to put in the legwork.

Do people seriously not know the poncho existed?

1 Like

yes, I didn’t know, but how can I find out about its existence if it is not available in the gameplay as a Marine and there is no information about it on the wiki?

1 Like

Ask your fellow robot. We know ALL the latest when it comes to fashion in CM.

It was a fairly big deal when it was added, even if my memory was a bit off when it comes to why it isn’t in the game anymore.
(Also remembered it being a bit more recent, hard to believe it’s been over a year)

I play for two maybe three weeks, maximum!