Re Add Armored Vehicles + More

Maybe keep the weapons for vehicles BUT make them only available through techwebs/make them the most expensive thing you can buy. That way a vehicle’s weapons are meant for late in a round meaning that if VC’s want to go on killing sprees they have to wait a long time/ might not even get to at all.

Armoured vehicles without guns seem to be the right direction, however I think focussing solely on passenger transport would be straight up boring for the VCs. CM’s maps are just too small for transport vehicles to do something.

maybe giving it an m56d that the Armoured APC had that requires it to be manned.

Something like this. But the Marine would be inside the van and the m56d would be above.

Or add that foxhole req function where you can pack supplies in it instead of marines.

Only negative I saw with that is the fact that marines were litterally spawn camping the van groundside at fob. But what if you could transport supplies to the front from fob or directly from req.

I’d personally make it so there’d be one VC and if the player pop reaches around 150ish? Let there be 2 vans to supply both frontlines.

Maybe remove the 4 pads and leave only echo so marine would have to rely on trucks to transport it else wait until requsitions E pad gets off cooldown.

Are you reading the posts above?

As stated, supplies can be ‘‘teleported’’ to the front by droppads, which makes supplies transport irrelevant, and were it removed, it would only make it a hassle to drive it back and forth, to a much lesser effect than dropping it.

As stated, CM maps are too small to require transport vehicles, requiring ‘‘2 minutes walk at most’’ as above, which is true. Nobody ever did use and nobody wants to use vehicle transport, including echo squad, who could arguably make it to the front faster without a vehicle, especially when it comes to any xeno buildings.

As stated, there was already an APC test with only the smartgun, and it was no different than the old smartgun where it just hugged the cades, blocked people and acted as a worse SG. That is what this would be in the absence of any so called ‘transport’ functions which as stated, are not useful or required.

2 Likes

This is not always the case and needs great coordination from requisitions and on ground marines. Majority of the supplies found every round will be on the front. I have had a ton of times where I have to go all the way back to the FoB to get ammo along with a load of other marines. And guarded transport would be very useful. Transporting VIPs to the front or transporting wounded that need quick extraction safely.

Im i think somewhere in the endless deepths of the code is something about attaching a M56D to the colonie van. Wich they took out for obious reasons you stated yourself. Moving gun and all.

Also, yes the ARC can use a weapon. But A: its a sentry with auto aim, no Manuel on it. And B: Its only out when the ARC is grounded and is unabel to drive at all. You are pretty much unabel to use the sentry on it offensivly. Being that the ARC needs 8 seconds to lock up and deploy the sentry and its other stuff, and 8 seconds to start driving mode again. And again, only command staff abel to drive it. So no people trying to make an MLG montage in that truck.

And @Ediblebomb, the ARC aint dead. Look in the discord “contributor projects” channel. Still in there with a comment from the guy that made it they need to “fix some last things”. Like alst comment on it. Pretty sure it will be ok, but then again maybe not.
Side note, there is some wild shit in there. Worth a read.