Reflections on the new sprites now that some time passed

I admit it, i was one of the ones that hated the new sprites. But now i can say the medkits look pretty baller.
And the whole 3D look for medical items in general is very cool. In general the new sprites are great work.

But i have two complains still. One i aint even sure it came with all the sprite changes.

1. The new Insuls sprite. Dont know if they came with all the other sprites.
    I get someone put time into them.
    I get the idea of making them yellow ish to look more like rubber insuls.
    But good god, they are butt ugly.
    Yellow/green is just not a pleasant color mix at all. Its the puke color my man.
    They dont even have a new sprite, they just had their clors changed.

2. Why did they ad new sprites for the gas cans?
    On a server without atmos system?
    This reeks of something fishy, but i will just give the benefit of the doubt that the spriter was just brain dead at that moment of spriting. And noā€¦ fishy buisness happend.
    I really cant explain why else someone would resprite the fucking cans of all things. Like what?
    And it looks great, its a very pretty sprite and its never gonna be worth it at all. I WISH i had cans this good looking on other servers. I am so confused why they where made.

Anyone else still have some hyperspecific and weird problems with the new sprites?

1 Like

Because obviously they are gonna force MTā€™s to maintain Reactors, SMES and Atmos, next update.

3 Likes

the sprites are garbage and actively seek to remove the relatively minimalistic theme. metal sheets shine like god licked them - who even asked for this? i dont remember the test-merge

5 Likes

also god forbid MTs have something to do other than self-designated tasks. i love reloading CAS (since MTs do it 3x faster than any pilot), i dont mind stripping maints for some 600 metal for the FOB, i dont mind deploying with few Engies between the squads, i dont mind ensuring CIC has no power blackout because the CE is an idiot, but all of these are self-set when i could just be doing crime.

1 Like

It wasnt test merged. It was full merged. Not even sure if there was a pr about it on github, could be wrong about that though.
To that it added tons of sprites that dont fit the artstyle (most are very pretty though) and sprites that have no reason to be even made for our server. Funnily enough, a lot of other servers have similar artstyles to this. And they have working atmos system wich gives a reason for new can sprites.
Almost as if the sprites fit another server more then ours.

But legit, medical sprites look fine besides the new bottles. Like i said, medkits look great.

ok i checked with the spriter discord. The can sprite is a sprite straigth up from bay station. I got that info from the person who made it apprenetly.
So the can sprite has been copy pasted, i wonder wich else.

1 Like

As far as I know some of the sprites were stolen from aurora as well. While they fit that serverā€™s art style, especially the first aid kit sprites look a bit too clean, I think the old version used darker colours, through I could be wrong with that. The new form isnā€™t too bad, but the simple old one fit CMā€™s art style better as well. The wood sprites, the old ones were better too but Iā€™m fine with them, the metal and plasteel sprites however should be put into a bathroom as mirror instead of being used as construction material. Now, the coffins, you could just use the cryopod sprite for the same result. The gas canisters are nice, but unneccessary, and I havenā€™t looked at the insuls yet.

1 Like

I donā€™t like the new sprites especially the metals they look ass. Pill bottles donā€™t really fit our styles and the beakers look cartoony in my opinion.

4 Likes

The ne insuls ā€œspritesā€ are the old sprites with the color changed to puke yellow/green. Thats it.

Also, mind pointing out wich sprites where from Aurora?

New med sprites are shit lol

4 Likes

According to the PR the chemistry items are ported from either bay or aurora

Only ones I dislike are the metal sheets, thats it.

1 Like

I dislike this change.

1 Like