Remove the ability to make rienforced walls planetside

The classic Bravo has R-walled off East and South LZ1 on LV and unaware PFCs get gobbled by the Burrower.

2 Likes

We love the classics here.

1 Like

As someone who hates and despises Rwalls. The reason of hate is not similar to yours.

R.Walls, Why they are a necessary evil.

R.Walls have their uses, their pros and more so cons. A R.Wall protects an area pretty strongly requiring T3’s to destroy. However whats often forgotten with them is that they block sight lines. that is the sacrifice of it. You cannot shoot past the wall. Many burrowers abuse this. Many lurkers abuse this. It is the reason fobbits now have a pure hate of the walls. Because they know they cant chance the Burrower out of fob. however the use of R.walls actually has another use. Often people forget. Its a fucking wall. you can use them to enforce choke points that marines would have a stronger footing for. it would control the flow of xenos. Like-wise it would allow xenos have more room to recover but as well as makes it more risky for Marines to push without Aux support. In short, they have their use and encouraged as it is healthy. R.walls just have as many cons for marines as there is pro’s. Like wise for xenos.

why I hate them, but still want them around.

My main hate is they remove sight lines.they give xenos breathing room. This is a personal gripe i have with them, however if someone uses them i will not mald at them, just be slightly annoyed. This is short and sweet for a reason, because i will autisitcally ramble about this for hours how some maps need them but they never get used, while others that dont LV have them used all the time. They are needed, they allow for chokes. They allow marines to have a stronger foot hold. they allow marines to not worry about one area. It opens xenos to abuse this with flanks, burrowers using walls to cap. as said previously, there is just as many pros as there is cons with them.

1 Like

Planetside r-walls are just anti-gameplay in current state. Barricades, sentry guns, claymores, the bravo squad are all things that are supposed to keep the FOB safe and combat backline xenos, all of these things allow interactions.
R walls do not. There’s 0 player interaction involved after you place one, an entire side of the FOB is made safe - no need to watch it, no need to place sentries there and no negatives that come with, since there’s no reason for marines to use these entrances.
And no, begging boilers or slow t3s to go walk up to south LV LZ to break a wall to resume gameplay isn’t a good solution. They’re busy with frontline combat, not intended for this sort of task - what’s the point of backline xenos if they need frontliners to do their backline job? - and it’s borderline suicidal if any competent marines chose to go chase them on the unweedable grass.

get a drone to weed backlines, send in a t3 to destroy comms.

cades only have impact when the manpower (newbies/those who dont doublefist fidget spinners) are willing to spend one to four hours staring into the void. rwalls dont stop burrowers from performing the castes duty as a harasser last i checked and because rwalls are never under guard/surveillance they tend to be the actual breach points during xeno sieges because rines think the bugs are retreating away.

2 Likes

This is why i make RWalls when im ordered to do comms. Not only are they good but xenos get so mad that they need to actually assault a position instead of just killing it by having a runner melt two cades and kill some random charlie or bravo private that everyone left there to guard it.

RWalls are life. RWalls are love. Rwalls make it more interesting to build the place and adds more depth in how you defend instead of making cade after cade after cade. I dont dread comms duty as much anymore because i can actually BUILD IT WITH MORE CREATIVITY.

6 Likes

That is a great attitude.

1 Like

While I feel this dudes salt, I hate them on comms, love them when used for cover in pushes or on FOBs, but get good just adapt and overcome.

Finally some good beno cope again. Marine mains should really counterpost this using marine cope threads such as “remove the ability to make resin walls planetside”, “the meta of turning invisible as lurker”, “disallow benos fortifying their hive cause they don’t know talls are about to land”.

1 Like

Not to be a xenosupporter but marines already have done this.

Try to wall off any section of the cave with more than 2 wall thickness as xeno and see how fast admins jump your ass.

I understand the walls and i like the options they give for building

Maybe they should change so multiple acid of strong acid can bring them down. That way spitter could acid a wall over time.

Like 3 acids in a row…?

Obviously marines should be able to weld the damage.

2 Likes

just get a t3 to open it up man, what are they gonna do shoot you?

1 Like

Damn, people really be necroposting my old salt post. Get something new at least.

1 Like

The salt must flow.

3 Likes