Remove the ability to make rienforced walls planetside

I honestly just hate seeing LV-624 being turned into a 1 way in sort of map, alongside the comms being essentially T1 and T2 proof when you wall them up to such a degree. It honestly just enraging to play against, since the only thing you can do to counter it, is to either siege them with the entire hive, or take a chance and take a T3 away from the front to break the walls (To which they can easily be run down by marines since theres no weeds nearby, and marines will just outrun them).

And i honestly don’t think marines just going full minecraft logic and just starts building a rienforced shack for the comms is realistic, as most normal comms senters need their spires and dishes outside to be actually used.

Atleast give the xenoes some ability to go through the walls, like T3 acid, or something similar, so theres some effective counterplay.

Most T3s can just rip appart or acid melt reinforced walls no? I’m not 100% sure.

1 Like

The only way to damage a rienforced wall as a xeno, is by a T3 (Not including certain preatorian castes) slashing them. There is quite litterary no other way to get through them, as all types of acid just won’t work.

Common xeno L

Stop trying to remove everything

9 Likes

Normal walls are already irrelevant, no reason to make reinforced walls irrelevant too.

7 Likes

Give me back boxer and shaman, and i’ll think about it.

1 Like

The xeno salt is flowing.

4 Likes

Removing reinforced walls yea no Comms can’t be fully reinforced in it must have access to it, if it happens Ahelp it also as c4xmaniac said normal walls are a joke and making reinforced a joke as well would make most FOBs crap, also I miss boxer…

2 Likes

boxer was awful
shaman was awful

r-wall spam is awful but in general its only an issue around communications, and i rarely see communications walled in to such a degree

on the FOB it stops backliners but during a siege you are completely fucked (completely fucked, we’re completely fucked)

could just nerf them to be acidable but it doesn’t melt a hole so it takes a while and is fixable so you can’t just leave comms undefended if thats a goal but its a symptom of the problem that some locations on LV are absolutely dogshit for comms defense (the one north of robotics and the one in comms dome come to mind) because you have to do so much work to make them defensible

1 Like

Just get a T3 to it, if they don’t want to. They go away from comms.

I miss boxer aswell

1 Like

Xenomains really coping because burrowing into comms to abduct the PVT- isnt good enough lol, also pretty sure burrowers can melt reinforced walls (correct me if im wrong)

1 Like

Thats wrong. You should try it yourself, where you try to break into a comms structure guarded by rienforced walls, with one opening with a flame turret. And just to make it burrower proof, you put grills everywhere.

XOPE and seethe

I will continue to wall of comms and leave a single tile as an entry point with sentries poking out of it.

5 Likes

I do this regularly as Grandad.

1 Like

Why would you want to remove the rwalls? They make capping as burrower so much easier, literally bravo shooting themselves in the foot.

I capped so many of their engineers when they alone tried to build the walls. Not only that, it ensures you cannot be pursued as burrower once you dip out. Nothing is funnier watching marines try and save their capped doc only to run in the wall they erected 20 mins ago

2 Likes

reinforcing and building kill boxes is literally a major plotpoint in all the movies this is based on. This should at least be trying to emulate somewhat the feeling of the movies its based on.

4 Likes

I am seeing a lot of cope in this thread.

5 Likes

Maybe just ruin rines day as a burrower chief. How dare a military group attempt to make chokes that would benefit said military, even with the expertise, materials, and time needed to pull it off? Who in their right mind would ever abuse their construction abilities to sculpt the battlefield in their favor? Certainly not xenos.

3 Likes

and get viciously mocked by Gramps for “being an Arcturian-loving *****son”. I don’t got the rapport for mocking Rhinehart for grille-spamming but it does make comms defense less enjoyable.

1 Like