Remove the lame ass footprint system

Whenever you hack a machine or door. Like what are we playing, the Escapists? All it does is add clutter and ugliness to the game.

Forensic Scanner

Your local MP can “Get rid of the prints” and handle the situation as needed without issue! But in seriousness Acid Goop in my opinion and this removes interesting RP scenarios from the game. (Also MT Gang Cope)

Bro has literally not a single clue

3 Likes

Then don’t hack them, problem solved!

2 Likes

Remove it, add something better. Maybe TG style print finding, did we ever have it like that before?

You mean the visual aspect ? Yeah it is kinda ugly, o believe MPs should not need a literal visual print telling them to print search, they should be able to figure out they should scan it with common sense (ie: This window/door is broken, i will look around for prints)

2 Likes

Yes, the visual “footprint” should be made invisible while still allowing MPs to scan it. Instead of the /tg/ system (scan door with scanner, get name) maybe add the bay system (scan door with different tools, insert tool into other scanner, get name) for a bit more RP?

2 Likes

I havent played security on a real ss13 server in forever but i am pretty sure that like ALL of the mps investigation tools are gone.

As goofy as the footprints are… we really dont want finding a windowbreaker to take more time than it does…

Imagine having to bring in witnesses and get statements then investigate

That is the only MP Investigation tool. And it’s shit.

Just don’t break windows. And learn how to hack doors properly.
Job Done.

It would be nice to actually have the Traces appear with timestamps as residue from gunfire and bloodstains so we can find out who assaulted who first rather than just playing he said she said with the funny 4 meta buddys and the 1 dude who they decided to bully.

Also witnesses would be great if all marines didn’t just straight ignore everything or lie to the MPs. There is hardly ever an inbetween.

And of course you’d get statements ranging from people saying that they did it (they didn’t) to a massive firefight with the UPP that spanned the entire ship and only left behind some broken windows.

2 Likes