Ren ‘Sigh’ Valoris

Accused BYOND key:

Unknown

Accused character name:

Brett MacMatherson

What rule(s) were broken?:

Rule 11 - Malicious Compliance

Description of the incident:

I was in CIC during the height to the round issuing orders to hold the line as the nuke was decrypting. However, at that moment, Brett walked into CIC and demanded that I remove Jones from my head as it was a violation of SOP. I will get into several points here explaining why this was very silly and should not have happened in the first place.

Firstly, based off the ML and IC perspective: According the ML, any minor crimes can be overlooked by any MP at their own discretion, unless ordered to. However, at this moment Brett had no reason to arrest me as there was no order for my arrest. It’s literally a cat on my head… Hence, Malicious Compliance: " using IC Military Law to impose excessive punishments, make an arrest on a technicality of someone non-disruptive who is acting in good faith". As far as I know, I was not acting in any disruptive way whatsoever.

From the IC Philosophical Standpoint, we also need to ask ourselves how a Cat is considered as a piece of clothing. Is it a piece of headwear? Why is it that I was arrested for having a cat on my head? If the law is meant to ensure safety or uniformity, a decision might need to determine whether a cat on the head poses any real threat or disruption.

This situation could be seen as a commentary on the rigidity of certain laws and the importance of common sense and flexibility in legal interpretation.

As for the accusations that I was baiting an arrest, no that was not my intention. If you told me, I was being disruptive of the operation for failing to follow the SOP because a cat was on my head, I am going to argue how that is just plain silly and satire.

Evidence:

6 Likes

This was handled in-round.

4 Likes

Added report:denied and removed report:needverdict