Reverse Bursting Noob Trap

Reverse bursting killing a xeno, (aka doing 100 damage when the xeno is at low health) serves no purpose other than to kill new xenos who don’t know that they will be immediately killed when they’re at low health. An experienced xeno will spit them out before they’re at a 5th or so of their health, but for newer xenos playing castes like defender this does a massive amount more damage than the other stabs.

What do you guys think about this? Learning experience or what?

skill issue

I need more words

1 Like

Just get good. If you get reverse bursted, then that’s a skill issue.

1 Like

To be honest. I think to reverse bursting should require less damage to the Xenomorph. Anyone with any experience in playing doesn’t fall for it more than once or twice, and it is the Marines last chance to get out.

If you die to this as a Xeno. It is your own fault.

This is completely a skill issue. In fact, it makes no sense as to why a marine can only use his machete or knife to escape.

I think regurgitating a marine stuns as well which allows you to easily disarm them. No one you should die to this maybe more than once.

1 Like

The only time I have ever chestubrsted a xenomorph was as a survivor on LV-624 with a knife (prime drone). Chestbursting is a mechanic to balance xenocapping mechanics (two tap disarm) and (lunge cheese).

If you die to chestbursting, you did something wrong, not the mechanic being messed up. The amount of time it takes to chestburst is absaloutely abbismal. Its pretty much impossible (unless major skill issue) to not get to hive before you get bursted…

1 Like

Reverse bursting is already very difficult. We can remove this if you want to increase stab damage when inside a xeno. I’m not too sold on it though.

2 Likes

Actually… not a bad idea. It would encourage capturing being actually dragging people back to Brazi- I mean, the hive, with disarms. Doesn’t really address instantly teleporting across the map via a tunnel though, but that issue in itself is not within the scope of this idea.

As @medeelel18 said, it’s rare for it to even happen, and already, internal stabbing is rarely an issue unless the marine has a machete (somewhat niche and a large investment of equipment, also very easy to lose), as healing on weeds offsets it a good amount, or xenos can tunnel and teleport too fast for it to matter.

1 Like

omw to build a loadout designed solely to reverse burst xenos and make them cry

Reverse bursting right now is really not in a good place. From one point we have this insta hundred damage when at low health, but from another point xenos with armor take basically no damage from the slashing.

2 Likes

I think this is a skill issue for Xenos.

I’m wondering how many people commenting in this actually understand the mechanic.
Reverse burst is an RNG chance to burst based on percentage of remaining hp. The only way to possibly learn this is to die to it through trial and error, and even then it’s incredibly unclear how exactly it works unless you decide to go read the code.
I don’t mind this since I have looked at the code and learned how it works so I can play around it, but for new players you can’t possibly argue it’s a “skill issue” when they randomly explode when they still have like 20% of their HP left, how were they supposed to know it would kill them like that? At the very least it should be in the xeno guide in the wiki or something.

1 Like

skill issue just don’t swallow marines at low health smh

1 Like