RMC gun improvements

While the RMC has received a few buffs recently and their kit’s are good they could still be better in some regards. More in focus on their actual weaponry compared to equipment.

Going to start off by saying that compared to John marine AKA average rifleman the RMC Marksman beats them in the skills department as they can build cades effectively and utilize medical equipment including defibrillators very well making them a strange but good corpsman / combat technician hybrid skill wise.

However John marine looks at the actual weapon the RMC Marksman has. Bull pup rifle with scope and AP rounds. Pretty good right? WRONG

The fatal flaw in the rifles design is an outdated mag size of 20 rounds… with only 39 damage a shot this does not compare well to other weapons. This isn’t the L42A guys no one uses those for obvious reasons.

This also factors into their ammo carrying capacity. 20 rounds with a 5 magazine belt means 100 round belt plus the magazine in the rifle itself leaves us with 120 rounds total. With ammo type being proprietary to this rifle this is a problem that inhibits longevity and overall effectiveness of the squad.

For comparison John marine with his M41A Mk2 he pulled out of his standard issue weapons vendor does 44 damage with 40 round mags. For some quick math that’s 240 rounds for his 6 mags total with 5more damage points. Oh and did I mention that’s with regular rounds? Not AP?

I really think that if the RMC is going to be somewhat viable for surviving much of anything they need at least either a round increase count or a damage buff. The M4RA has 25 rounds but 56 damage.

Also it annoys me that the gun based of the Steyr AUG only has 20 rounds. Like the actual manufacturers took into account that 30 rounds is a near universal basic standard for amount of rounds an “assault” type rifle should have. It’s other common variant is a 42 round magazine. I get that it’s setup to be more used as a DMR and not a assault rifle, but then the damage should be buffed to stack up with the y’know actual DMR in-game the M4RA.

Anyways excuse my bad ranting I just thought I should point out some grievances I have with the weapons part of the kit.

https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Royal_Marines_Commando

Marksman rifle still seems weak when compared to the M4RA and the M41A as well as it’s standard rifleman equivalent

I did get the Marksman bit at the start wrong though. Wiki isn’t the best maintained thing so I forgot to check. I’ll edit it.

So, you compared the pure damage of AP and non-AP ammo and came to the result that the non-AP ammo does more pure damage. While enough for the average acid goop cope thread, for a half-serious ideaguys cope thread you could at the least have compared the gun’s AP ammo to other AP ammo. When you put AP ammo into the M41, the damage basically drops to 33, in case you haven’t noticed this, giving the rifle in question an advantage on the part of pure damage. You are right anyways that the M41 would be better for close combat, but let’s compare it to the L42 (or M4RA, it’s new name): the L42, when loaded with AP ammo, has pretty much 39 damage. Summary: stop coping about how the gun’s much worse than the M4RA, atleast on damage (the wiki seems to have no stats for the RMC marksman gun) it’s exactly the same. Someone move to acid goop.

I mean it’s an ERT gun it should be inherently better. And it has 20 rounds compared to the 25 rounds the M4RA gets. So it’s still, damage wise and ammo econ sub par to a M4RA. Of course it fires faster though. *shrug

3 Likes

One admin that i do not record the name, on a TWE dice roll that we had on a 3 hour round in chances claim, he said that the TWE had weak guns because of their good stats, but atleast for me the PMCs got great stats besides medical and surgery, and guns that are way better.
i think the TWE should have some guns just slightly weaker than PMCs, correct if i am wrong but their average ERT don’t even comes with a smartgunner, so they got strong nades, some mid guns with 3 endurance (PMCs got around that), 2 enginner and 2 construction, good for hacking but ERTs is just going to crowbar, and they don’t come with any mats for building,2 medical and 1 surgery, 2 medical is nice but you only need one medical for instant injectors, and surgery on most ERT situations you won’t be able to do that, overall they are weaker than the PMCs, because of their equipment and lack of a SG and good spec.

Basically, buff Rate of Fire and leave around 25 bullets while also buffing damage due to the amount of magazines they spawn with.

sadly i can’t test on private tester what comes on the average ERT, but i clearly got a memory of RMC spawnning without their SG , the same way some factions got specials ERTs like the Pyro guys ERT, forgot their name, has two variations with better marines and guns, and also on the RMC round i played the normal ert only had riflemen, breacher , marksman and the leader, either they can spawned manually as i already saw on TWE survivors, or a special beacon that has the RMC team with the SG.

I admit this comes off as cope-ish. I should sleep more before posting. Still the mag size is weirdly small for the lower damage compared to most of the other DMR’s we see in game.

I’ll compare more stats tomorrow when I have time, but for an ERT weapon of the “elite” Royal Marines from the TWE I think they should have better gear.

Just pointing out what I think is a minor balance flaw, because we rarely if ever see a naturally occurring RMC Squad.

1 Like

There’s only “squad” and “Platoon” for RMC, couldn’t spawn either in though.

As it stands the RMC’s weapons have the same DPS as a M41A Mk2. The only major differences are.

• It has no wield slowdown, so you can run just as fast wielding the gun as not
  • It has lower ammo per mag

The main issue I think is simply that you don’t get a lot of ammo, in a sustained fight you will very quickly exhaust all your ammo supply and be forced to loot a USCM weapon.

The UPP guns generally have a high damage output to compensate. The PMC’s get OP guns but most of them share the same ammo as the USCM. CLF get terrible guns so they just go loot better ones.

Thanks for mentioning that. The main issue I have is how fast ammo gets exhausted with no real way to resupply without something short of some admin spawning it in. Like you mentioned PMC’s have the same ammo types as the USCM making it much easier to acquire more ammo. CLF have bad guns but you aren’t intended to hang onto them for long. As the trade-off for fragging marines is sub-standard gear. I just think the mag capacity should get upped some more to increase their survival chances if dropped in as a survivor squad for example.