RPT368 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - RPT368

What is your BYOND key?

RPT368

What is your Discord ID?

RPT368#3010

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Alex Harris

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

That’s my first one, and first attempt on it.

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Douglas

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Douglas oftenly behaves as a psychologist and mediator for humans around him. If he notices two persons arguing, or someone that seems exhausted or depressed, and that doesn’t collide with orders for him, he confronts then and starts a talk to see if he can help them in some way, be it an honest talk and some kind words along with an advice, or help with solving an issue that cause a conflict between people he confronted.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Douglas’s interest in human psychology can be a strong advantage on military ships like USS Almayer, since such vessels lack psychological help for marines that they oftenly need after missons, especially those failed ones. When confronting personnel on various ranks, He often takes up talks about recent situations, f.e. about results of an operation, or personal thoughts about events someone went through not so long ago. By giving out care both by medical and psychological therapies, he offers a huge assistance to combat-struggled USCM soldiers.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I always liked playing support classes in team - based shooters and games simmilar to CM13. A Synthetic whitelist would give me a fresh breath into the game and opened a new possibilities, both for gameplay and new roleplay opportunities. I made my Synthetic personality a bit simmilar to my behavior, and that will help me better reflect Douglas’s actions in-game.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

I saldy don’t remeber synthetic’s name, but it happened when i was a FOB surgeon once. They were helping me with handling injured marines coming back from the front, when the around the FOB situation quickly got dire and xenos approached our cades. By communicating oftenly with eachother and focusing as hard as we could on saving as many people as possible, we were able too keep enough marines fighting to push back the siege. I still remember it to this day, due to how stressful, yet satisfying in the end that was.

Synthetic Character Story:

A slice of Douglas’s work onboard USS Almayer after an successful operation:

Skills:

Engineering:

I got the engineering basics learned and hard-coded - how to build good cades, repair vital structures (and synthetic limbs) and components and maintain the ship. I also know few useful engi techniques, f.e - how to quickly swap critically damaged cades in combat situation, and how to set up cades addequately to the situation and place i’m in.

Command:

I wasn’t really interested in command roles - mostly due to the fact that i don’t really know how to guide the Unga - but i know everything a self-respecting SO needs to know - that includes OB chambering and aiming (even if as a synthetic i cannot use OBs) , efficiently handling an Overwatch computer in all of its aspects, and relaying information to either marines, or higher officers.

Medical:

Medical roles are the ones i spent the most time on, and are also the ones i got the most experience in. I remember all surgeries by heart, know how to preform triage effectively, and i can effectively treat someone’s wounds even in the heat of a battle, along with skill on inventory managment, wich is a very important thing for squad medics. I also can get around research, but i don’t know much except the basics there.

Requisitions:

I spent some time in Almayer’s requisitions, and i know all the basics for running it alone - from efficiently handling the req line, through supply pads and how to coordinate those, to ASRS computer, ordering supplies and managing money reserves.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

Let’s say i’m dragging a marine on a rollerbed to FOB for surgery or evac, and a random rouny decides to jump me for an easy cap on a defenseless marine. In such case, i am allowed to “gently persuade” the rouny in question to leave us alone with any melee weapons i have on me in the situation, but when the xeno decides the attempt is not worth it and tries to leave, i am to focus back on getting the marine to safety, and not chase the attacker unless they are dragging a marine with them. After i’m is safety again, i should inform on radio about backliners for other marines to know about and watch out for.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

I was never banned from CM nor i have any jobbans

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

No

Let us know why you were discord banned.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

Well, for a final word, when i was first trying to make a whitelist some months ago, i was concerned if people would recognize me or my in-game character, mostly because i’m not too active on forums or discord. But i heard from few people that you don’t really need to be popular to have a chance of your application to be accepted. I have hopes that my attempt at it will pass, though i expect for my first try to fail, but then i’ll just learn on mistakes and try again a month later. That’s just how life is.

If you could post your preferred timezone/day you play on, it would help people looking out for you for vetting.

Thanks for pointing that that out

My timezone is GMT +1, and i’m playing on CM13 everyday in summer time for now

Hey RPT368, thanks for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist!

Your personality is workable but I think you could refine it more special - since more or less most Synthetics are expected to get along and help their colleagues.

The story was acceptable and I was happy to see your motivations for becoming a Synthetic.

Your experience answers were pretty good and your combat answer was also acceptable.

So overall your app is decent, but there are a lot of grammatical errors that detract from it unfortunately. We believe that since applications are not timed - they should more or less be almost spotless as it mirrors effort and also how a Synthetic should be.

The biggest problem with your application is not the app itself but actually your activity ingame, we were unfortunately unable to see you and no one has vouched for your activity. This could be due to many factors, but in any case the best solution is usually to play support roles consistently to get your character name seen. In addition, we felt like your discord activity was tremendously empty - although this is not a requirement, it would help you get involved with the community and possibly help with vouches.

Unfortunately I have to deny this app due to the lack of support(you can reapply in 30 days), but I think that you show a lot of potential. On your next application, please spend time proofreading it for any mistakes and possibly get some councillor’s input on a revised Synthetic personality. Most of all, get support from the community by becoming known in support and command roles! Best of luck to you :slight_smile: