Round ID:

Your character name:

John Kilgore

Their BYOND key:

lynxsolstice

What are you reporting?:

Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:

I wake up round start and run to the barracks room with the beds and grab the basketball and money. Swung by req to say hello to the boys and was going to head to the gym to pick up the shorts which is part of my kit. I didn’t grab my kit and was naked as I grab it last so other people can grab attachments and ammo so I can work with the leftovers which adds extra challenge. I throw money i found in the bunks on the floor and I have a basketball which I’m dribbling. An MP pushes me over and takes my ball, which in response I threw a chair at them because they stole my stuff. I was then arrested for most of the round for Assault and FTTP for the naked part. Managed to get it appealed and was found not guilty of assault by the ASO during appeal and they said it was self defense since they pushed me and stole my shit. The CMP said they would arrest the MP for assault so I went ahead and left once again (naked) because i can’t take the prison uniform and headset since I didn’t grab my stuff yet. I was pretty pissed i was in the brig and heard the announcements that the evac was going on so I just decided to hang out with the liason. At the round end I get a PM asking why I was running naked all round which i replied i was in the brig pretty much all round and was naked for probably 5 minutes between the round start and then me getting out of brig naked. I explained this to them and it went back and forth and I felt like it was going nowhere and was a bullshit situation. I was immediately noted for rule 2 roleplay. Reached out of DMs to discuss it and they said it wasnt about me being naked it was due to me throwing a chair (ONCE) (AS A PFC RIFLEMEN) because a MP pushed me and stole my basketball. Listen Im trying not to freak out but i literally was fucking noted for throwing a chair once as a private at a MP because they assaulted me and stole my stuff. I was told that they dont know why people are allergic to ahelping when Mps are shitters to which i responded I didnt think I needed to because I was told by the CMP they were being arrested plus I dont think the MP was trying to be malicious about it. Yes they broke a policy or two but I try not to immediately resort to a helping someone unless they do severe action that is in bad faith and blatant trolling. I didn’t think this was one of those situations.

This is an edit after proceeded took a few days to simmer down and think about it and I’m going to make the final paraphrase. Lynx decided to delay the round end because I was running around naked for maybe 5 minutes out of the round, once they realized that they couldn’t note me for that they proceeded to fish through my explanation and find any other thing they could note me for which turns out to be throwing a chair. I don’t think I really need to explain how stupid that ruling is, if this stands then everyone who has gotten or will in the future get involved in a chair fight or throws a chair at anyone, they should be noted for LRP. I think the whole method of fishing any other thing to note someone for is detrimental to the trust between the player base and staff. Why should I talk or engage in a helps with a staff member when in my opinion they are trying to find something to use against me? I know it sounds stupid, but this has made me not want to interact with anyone on the staff team at all.

Evidence:

11 Likes

Related logs will be posted in an hour!

Hey there! Please feel free contact me on Discord if there is anything missing or wrong!

Sapper212/John Kilgore
LynxSolstice
Military Police
Marines, non-relevant.

MP Brooke A.W. Xiphos, starts the escalation by shoving the Kilgore, ends up with Kilgore's arrest.

ATTACK: Military Police/(Brooke A.W. Xiphos) disarmed Sapper212/(John Kilgore) in the Requisitions
ATTACK: Military Police/(Brooke A.W. Xiphos) disarmed Sapper212/(John Kilgore) in the Requisitions
ATTACK: Sapper212/(John Kilgore) disarmed Military Police/(Brooke A.W. Xiphos) in the Requisitions
ATTACK: Military Police/(Brooke A.W. Xiphos) was hit by a the metal folding chair, thrown by Sapper212/(John Kilgore) in the Requisitions
ATTACK: Military Police/(Brooke A.W. Xiphos) tased Sapper212/(John Kilgore) in the Requisitions x2
ATTACK: Military Police/(Brooke A.W. Xiphos) attacked Sapper212/(John Kilgore) with disabler gun (INTENT: DISARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE) in the Requisitions
ATTACK: Military Police/(Brooke A.W. Xiphos) tased Marines, non-relevant./(Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne) in the Requisitions
ATTACK: Military Police/(Brooke A.W. Xiphos) tased Marines, non-relevant./(Davis Rodriguez) in the Requisitions
ATTACK: Military Police/(Brooke A.W. Xiphos) tased Sapper212/(John Kilgore) in the Requisitions x2
ATTACK: Military Police/(Brooke A.W. Xiphos) grabbed Sapper212/(John Kilgore) in the Requisitions
ATTACK: Military Police/(Brooke A.W. Xiphos) attempted to handcuff Sapper212/(John Kilgore) in the Requisitions
ATTACK: Military Police/(Brooke A.W. Xiphos) grabbed Sapper212/(John Kilgore) in the Requisitions

Admin PMs between LynxSolstice and Sapper212 and the warning issued by LynxSolstice.

ADMIN: PM: LynxSolstice/(Unknown (as Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne))->Sapper212/(John Kilgore): Hey there, got a moment?

ADMIN: PM: Sapper212/(John Kilgore)->LynxSolstice/(Unknown (as Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne)): sure whats up

ADMIN: PM: LynxSolstice/(Unknown (as Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne))->Sapper212/(John Kilgore): Why were you running around naked as a rifleman earlier?

ADMIN: PM: Sapper212/(John Kilgore)->LynxSolstice/(Unknown (as Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne)): what do you mean

ADMIN: PM: LynxSolstice/(Unknown (as Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne))->Sapper212/(John Kilgore): You were running around naked during the round as a rifleman.

DMIN: PM: Sapper212/(John Kilgore)->LynxSolstice/(Unknown (as Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne)): as soon as i got out of the bunks i was arrested and couldnt get geared up

ADMIN: PM: Sapper212/(John Kilgore)->LynxSolstice/(Unknown (as Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne)): i was in the brig the whole round

ADMIN: PM: LynxSolstice/(Unknown (as Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne))->Sapper212/(John Kilgore): Why were you arrested after leaving the bunks? Was it because you were naked?

ADMIN: PM: Sapper212/(John Kilgore)->LynxSolstice/(Unknown (as Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne)): i threw a chair at a MP who pushed me and stole my basketball i got from bedroom bunk area Assault and FTTP

ADMIN: PM: LynxSolstice/(Unknown (as Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne))->Sapper212/(John Kilgore): Why the hell did you throw a chair at an MP?? Over a basketball?

ADMIN: PM: Sapper212/(John Kilgore)->LynxSolstice/(Unknown (as Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne)): because they assaulted me and stole my basketball?

ADMIN: PM: Sapper212/(John Kilgore): i threw it at them once and then got brigged its not a big deal

ADMIN: PM: LynxSolstice/(Unknown (as Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne))->Sapper212/(John Kilgore): Explain to me how it’s not LRP to, be pushed by someone, having your basketball stolen, so you pick up a steel chair and chuck it at them, while naked.

ADMIN: PM: Sapper212/(John Kilgore)->LynxSolstice/(Unknown (as Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne)): They pushed me down and stole my item which i got from the bunk real quick before i grabbed my gear. then was going to return to grab my kit but i got jailed

ADMIN: PM: Sapper212/(John Kilgore)->LynxSolstice/(Unknown (as Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne)): i was naked for 2 minutes in the round

ADMIN: PM: LynxSolstice/(Unknown (as Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne))->Sapper212/(John Kilgore): Because you chucked a steel chair, while naked, at the MP. You were naked when you were in the CL’s office about 20 minutes later.

ADMIN: PM: Sapper212/(John Kilgore)->LynxSolstice/(Unknown (as Solstice ‘Sol’ Montagne)): because i had to give my prison uniform back to the MP and hadnt grabbed my clothes i cant keep that

ADMIN: PM: Sapper212/(John Kilgore): if its okay I would like to speak with another person about this. I dont feel like this warrants the response it does. I went to grab a basketball before i grabbed my kit which was stolen so i threw a chair at the person who stole my stuff.

Admin notes: Warning for Rule 2: Roleplay. Player, as a rifleman, roundstart, grabbed a basketball from the long rest bunks, an MP stole it from the player, so in response, the player, while naked, picked up a metal chair and threw it at the MP. Tossing chairs at people over minor grievances is Low Roleplay, and not acceptable.

Added report:needverdict and removed report:pendinglogs

Heya! Sorry that this report sat for so long, that’s entirely my fault.

Looking over the logs I don’t think that the way that you interacted around roundstart, grabbing the basketball and having a scuffle with the MP, would constitute LRP or any other kind of Rule 2 violation.
The closest thing would be improper escalation if you started beating the MP to a pulp with the chair. But you didn’t do that and you throwing the chair seems justified enough in the context.

I will however say that something that didn’t come up with lynx that you did later that round does in my eyes breach the sanity part of Rule 2.
Namely you asking the CL to live in his containment cell and compulsively singing nursery rhymes while inside.
I’m going to just say say don’t do that stuff again. Your marine is a sane person, not someone who is going to turn insane because they were in brig for 10 minutes.

Anyways I’m going to approve the report. The initial note does indeed seem not quite right. I’ll talk with @LynxSolstice about the bar that needs to be met for something to be a rule 2 break.
As for the note. I’m tempted to remove the note and add a new, edited, note for the insanity stuff. Its been a while though and even if I added some stuff regarding the timestamp of the new note it would probably still look disproportionately bad on your record, so I’m not going to do that.
I’m going to cut you some slack and just remove the initial note.

Added report:approved and removed report:needverdict