sapphire485 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - sapphire485

What is your BYOND key?

sapphire485

What is your Discord ID?

Sapphire#6961

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Haleigh Roon

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

Noone

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Annabel

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Annabel is a quirky, dry personality not enjoying jokes or comedy, though understands that marines are the types to make jokes and will occasionally feint a laugh to entertain them. She is not a people pleaser but enjoys the company of both synthetic humans and regular humans.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Annabel is a slightly older model though not outdated by any means she is regularly seen sporting feminine colours such as pink or purple, she is the quintessential girly worker that just wants to plant some flowers

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I am a big fan of playing a supportive non combat role, even though I am mostly in Charlie I dont really enjoy the combat aspect, though I am a big fan of roleplaying with other people and trying to have in character conversations with people and having a slight narrative behind it.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

I cant really think of just one interaction, due to the character I usually play having a high respect for synthetics often referring to them as Mr/Mrs/Miss out of respect since they hold no official rank within the ship, though I just tend to be friendly to all of them.

Synthetic Character Story:

Skills:

Engineering:

I mostly play FTL but I have several hours in engineer and normally carry a full set of engineering tools to repair barricades as well as assist at comms if I have to.

Command:

I have played a few hours of XO and SO as well as Squad leadership and platinumed my FTL which often ended up with me in the command structure anyway

Medical:

Before picking up FTL I was a medic main and used to play it a lot but since settling into a more routine I haven’t played as much

Requisitions:

Requisitions is kind of my weakest area, I understand how to do it and have played CT a few times and even ended up covering the department as the chef.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

If a naughty individual attacks me I am within my rights to defend myself to the point where they back off or run away, though I would never seek revenge or to end or endanger their life. Self defence is the only form of combat that I should be doing.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

No

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

No

Let us know why you were discord banned.

N/A

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

I have nothing relevant to include about my application except a huge appreciation for all the other synths on this server, continue to do a great job and hope to see you on the ship

1 Like

I can +1 this. Roon is a solid player and community member.

Happy to +1 Roon!

A fantastic member of Charlie!

1 Like

I’ll happily give Roon my +1. They’re fantastic and always willing to roleplay no matter the situation. They’d make a good synthetic.

Hello!

I’m going to be blunt here and give a heads up. It would be nice to see you play roles other than FTL because that skillset is limited to engineering though you’re unable to do much if a comtech is there to replace you easily.

Two things I would like to see

A. Your playtimes, I’m curious how many hours you have in each support role

B. Play mentioned support roles, its important to verify you know what you’re doing and having a Synthetic who doesn’t know how to cure IB is troublesome.

I’ll ask and comment more on your application when you post your playtimes.

Absolutely, sorry about the long list of roles, I kind of was between multiple roles, but would be more than happy to answer any questions you have got to ask.

A

B. Absolutely I wouldn’t want that either

We’ll start with your story. It’s very short and doesn’t do a good job giving us examples on how you would roleplay the character “Annabel”. From your answer within the personality question and reading your story, it’s clear you want to focus on doing a sort of botanist background for your character but there’s no real dialogue examples to help elaborate how you can show off your interests when playing as Annabel if their interests are in botany or is it cooking because that skillset is elaborated in the later part of your story.

Followed along with grammar mistakes, there’s also time skips that just interrupt the flow of the story and makes it a bit confusing. Since your application is submitted I can’t really offer any changes you can do now that can fix these issues.

Onto your posted hours, I’m shocked to see you place a crap ton of time into FTL so I would like to assume you know your stuff when it comes to present day mechanics of this game. As I said in my previous post, I would like you to play support roles. This means Doctor, medic, comtech, requisition roles. Just stuff to check off to ensure you know what you’re doing.

With that said, I don’t have anything else to comment. Good luck.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback on the story, I will admit that it was probably not my best work and should have spend more time on it, which is my own fault and it has shown poorly my roleplay/ability to improvise as a character/person.

As for the other roles suggestion I will take this on board and play some additional rounds as shipside medical roles as well as some requisitions rounds.

Thank you as well for the good luck

1 Like

Hey Haleigh and thanks for the application!

Annabel’s name is fine but her personality is just very… unusual based on your app. You say she is both quirky and dry at the same time - the remaining of the personality is enjoying the company of humans & Synthetics(pretty much every Synthetic) and also might entertain their jokes. We really did not understand what you were trying to explain here.

The story unfortunately had quite a few grammatical errors and did not display your personality very well. This compounded as an issue on your somewhat unusual personality.

I think your experience answers are decent but you certainly need to be an above-average support player in all aspects to be a Synthetic. It is the ultimate support role.

The combat answer is pretty decent, I would like to see scenarios next time.

Overall your application was not up to our standards and it would be wrong of us to accept it in the current state. Let me move on past that.

On the thread and on discord you had a couple people vouch for you including a Synthetic, this is a great sign! I really wanted to accept you because of this but it would be against our standards with the state of your app.

So let me give you some pointers:

1. Think about what you want Annabel’s personality to be. Pick something you are passionate in and then try to integrate that into gameplay.
  2. Proofread your story! It should describe Annabel’s personality in-universe. Read it to yourself, change things if they don’t seem right, fix grammatical mistakes. A Synthetic player is expected to make very few grammatical mistakes during RP despite the stress of doing medical work! So please have your story be mostly clean of errors :slight_smile:
  3. Please get playtime on support roles. It is absolutely imperative that you are proficient in support areas because a Synthetic may be asked to do it at any time - and they must be able to assist. All medical(not including RSR) and engineering(including OB, not including OT) are most crucial, req and command are less so, but still important.
  4. Ask for help if you need it, and ask for review. We have many resources available - you have feedback here and you can always ask for some in WL Help on the discord.
  5. Lastly, please play while your app is up. We were unable to locate you in support roles while your application was here. It isn’t necessary but in fringe cases like yours, it can only help.

Unfortunately I must deny this application, but you can reapply in 30 days. Best of luck Haleigh, and do use the advice given here :slight_smile:

1 Like