Shiva's Snowball outer edge

map by riotofficer on discord dot gov

What do maps not have? That’s right, a way to desert the operation. So here’s an idea,
THE OUTER REACHES OF SHIVA’S SNOWBALL!
Let’s say at some point when you run off of the operation site , you will be teleported to an external z-level which is a giant field of snow with nightmare inserts of some buildings, rocks, what have you, and you will have to try to navigate back to the hive. We could have the field on the map itself, I don’t know whether or not maps have a specific limit to size.
Since Shiva’s Snowball is on a ice planet, this field will be snowing. And it will be cold, even with all of your snow gear you will be freezing. The snow will slow you down, and all the excitement of being lost will be there. It will have the occasional tree and all that.
You might be asking:

“This is stupid”
“What is the point of this?”

The point is ROLEPLAY, because this is a ROLEPLAY server. Deserting is not really a thing you can do since you try to run and it’s all caves, it really makes you remember you’re in a cage. Think of all the potential scenarios that could arise!
“I don’t want to die in a shitty FOB breach! The CO can kiss my ass! I’m out of here!. Let me just try my luck out here, in the cold”
“We’ve searched pretty much all over this damn place for Intel and there’s just not enough for what we need, maybe we should search the outskirts.”
“The USCM just landed and I am a UPP agent, screw this!”

This would also have people vote for Shiva’s Snowball more often. Make of this what you will.

Now deserting is a reasonable idea when you’re fighting in say, populated areas, where you can easily find a town or something, but on Shivas?
There is nothing to find out there, you WILL freeze to death, and even if you somehow don’t, you’ll starve.

FOB breach? Only chance of survival is the DS.
Intel? Why the hell would they throw intel into the wastes?
You’re a commie? Well the UPP and UA aren’t technically at war so you’ll be fine on the ship!

10/10

I love it

Especially the dog part

FOB breach? Only chance of survival is the DS.

They just broke in

Intel? Why the hell would they throw intel into the wastes?

Maybe someone tried leaving for help?

You’re a commie? Well the UPP and UA aren’t technically at war so you’ll be fine on the ship!

Capitalism must not corrupt the minds of our people

Whoever was desperate and/or dumb enough to choose certain death for ‘finding help’ must not be worth finding.

I love this idea.

Let me run into the wastes and make a snowhut. I will become an eskimo.

Ice fishing.

i like it, most CO/XO/SOs make Gramps want to die anyway.

1 Like

WHERE ARE MY FISHING RODS?! THEY WERE TEASED AND PROMISED LIKE 3 YEARS AGO

1 Like

God this idea is so fucking stupid, I absolutely love it. Delayliens on a never before seen scale, it’d fuckin rule.

2 Likes

Just make people there not count for round-end conditions?

simple as

Someone edit that post, we need a sorokyne outer edge now, no-fun-allowed-devs removed ice.

1 Like

Being able to modify your life signs or locator could be good, maybe an item on shivas to jam out signals like the payday jammer.

Pour one out for the greatest map no longer in rotation.