Shotgun Pistol

nuff said have a shotgun style weapon that can fit into either the general holster rig or pouch let it use all ammo types and give it lower range than the normal shotgun like 3 tiles and make it semiauto that way it would give a high damage low range option for classes that might not carry a non sidearm weapon like corpsman or PO

me as i PB the brand new runner twice in 1 second while dual wielding the double barrel shaboinboink combo

1 Like

Unless you nerf the damage, this is just a better shotgun as you mostly use it for PBs anyhow. Kinda lazy trying to buff shotties like this.

1 Like

modified flare gun that can fit buckshot…
mua ha ha

1 Like

if buckshot wasn’t used exclusively for PBs, this would work

1 Like

i think making it a restricted weapon like the VP78 would be good with a 25 point cost would solve issues and nerfing the damage would make it fine

As long as its not a pocket PB, its mostly fine. Maybe just give it the stats of the UBS but without the wall/door clearing and it might be fine. Big might though.

before you do that, buff it and make the VP78 useful

2 Likes

Fun to theorycraft

5 round magazine, detachable mags, fully automatic (not sure on RPM - probably less than 200), high pellet count, low AP; 2 tile effective range, 3-4 tile max range, max damage 250-300 per magazine, no stun, fits pistol holster. I’d give that a try just to see if its fun at all.

before you do that, buff it and make the VP78 useful

You could probably solve 90% of the 78’s problem by just buffing its damage and accuracy. It’s close to being good but it lacks DPS - so you can solve that either with stronger individual hits, or more hits. Personally I think stronger individual hits and good aim are more in line with the 78’s personality and style. If you buff it with RoF and magazine size it’ll just turn into a mod88 variant.

Also its conspicuously a restricted weapon with limited ammo but it doesn’t make up for that in any way. Mod88 and M4A3 have it beat by a mile in either reliable application of damage due to mag size, or DPS. 78’s main advantage over either right now is higher damage capacity per magazine but the RoF is too low for that to actually apply to most fights (you get stunned/killed/alien retreats before going through most of the mag).

2 Likes

The problem with the vp78 is the falloff. It starts at tile 0, so at 3 tiles it deals terrible dmg, at 5 tiles no dmg, etc etc.
That combined with ROF makes it situational

Imo, you can only get the full advantage of the dmg if you pb

2 Likes

You guys complaining about the vp78 have never used the vp78. Activate burst and PB T3s with it, it shreds.

Also shotgun pistol is an awful idea you’re just gonna get dudes spamming them.

5 Likes

Thought about this as well for a bit. Only way i can see this be a alternative, and not an upgrade to the normal shotty, would be if its like the MOU. Just with only one shot. Just make it very hard, to fire more then once with it in active combat. A side arm shotty should not be an active combat tool but for self defence. So make it good in that, but very shitty in active combat. Slow reload time, low “mag” size, maybe dont let it use buckshot.

But as others said, if your not carefull, this is just a better shotgun. Shotguns are already dummy powerfull, so if you ntroduce another type of it, it needs to be specialized and not a one for all.

BPL legion plug. Pocket hibachi. Flame thrower in the form of a pocket pistol.

1 Like

Remove the stun, see if anyone cares at that point

Why?