Silencable XM51

Make the XM51 silencable.

Why? If you want to go specops, the benos will notice you anyways. If you don’t like the gun’s sound, turn it off altogether or don’t use the gun.

Let me attach an underbarrel shotgun to it

I would like to know which fucker broke my bones so… no

if youre getting fracced by an xm-51 your bloodline wont survive the winter

1 Like

Can we buff XM51 back to 100 damage per bullet?

Before removal of the barrel charger, virtually every XM51 used one since there was no downside to using one due to its nature of being a psudo bolt action rifle.

Thus the removal of the BC was a big damage decrease with no real compensation.

thats the xm88

2 Likes

I blame someone else for my mistakes.

(On topic I don’t think it needs a silencer)

XM51…this…this is the shotgun, right?

I…no? Just. Noooo? It’s a breaching shotgun. No.

Give a single reason why (and a silencer does not mean silenced, they’ll still notice)

i didn’t give it a silencer cuz shotgun silencers are silly and i think the gun sfx is a nice indicator to xenos that the walls around em might now start collapsing suddenly

1 Like

You can just readd the BC there was no real reason to remove it anyway

2 Likes

If it was silenced, they might not always notice you.

Because it’ll increase it’s useability as a scout/IO.

Fair. I think in general that argument makes sense, but this is a pretty unique case. And IMO silencers would fit this style of shotgun (going of the visual design and real shotguns of a similar style).

I think if make it silenceable it would allow for marine roamers the ability to perforate xeno lines better. (May be especially useful for scout). Maybe add in a severe RoF debuff? To encourage using it for smaller sections of damage.

1 Like

I fully support this. Its already pretty meh as an active combat weapon. Wich is good. A good reason to use it as one is the fact that you can wear it on your belt slot in a belt with ammo for it. Makes it a great secondary choice in my opinion. Utility/secondary. Not its damage, then you rather take the normal shotty.

Im personally of the opinion that there should be more freedom in putting attachments on guns. Allow me to make very dumb weapon builds.

• Like putting the bypod on a shotty.
  • The burst fire adapter on the M4RA.
  • Or a laser sigth on the Flare gun.

Just because its useless, doesnt mean you shouldnt allow it.
Its all about style after all.
And if you ad silencer to the XM51, do it for the M37 too. It would feel soo cool, yet so dumb.
And isnt that what makes CM, and SS-13 as a whole so great? Being very dumb.

(ps, yes i know silencers for shotgns exist irl. Doesnt make it less silly.)

1 Like