Slavor - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Slavor

What is your BYOND key?
Slavor

What is your Discord ID?
Slavor#7326

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?
I play mostly as doctor, corpsman or Combat technician.

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?
None

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:
Ivan

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?
Ivan is a captured UPP synth re-programmed for USCM use. Ivan is like any other synth exept for being somewhat low quality. Ivan is loyal to USCM but because his core programming has anti-capitalist views directly written, it’s views for Weyland Yutani is unchangebly opposed. When seen a WY member he reacts not in a good manner. Of course he doesn’t do anything to hurt any of them (Except if they danger the self preservation clause then he Ivan happly do hurt) he will not give any assistance to any WY members with the exeption of given a direct order from his superiors.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?
Ivan does not look into rank when he is helping. If someone wants help from him Ivan will help with the exeption of broking any Marine law or Synth Law. When talking he talks about the situvation the USCM, Almayer or a certain individual. Because he cames from UPP he sometimes concentrates to work a bit too much when either fixing something or healing something because he is a bit up thight.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
I do like the idea of being a synth and nearly having all the skills to do medical, engineering even command. I think it is really interesting and I would like to give it try at the least.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
A working Joe cleaning around the FOB while we already evvacced and xenos ignoring it just for RP.

Synthetic Character Story:
Ivan is made in Xiang Colony. Because of the UPP’s poor resources Ivan made in a very long time to make. Lots of the Ivan’s parts stolen from Weyland Yutani factories but some parts like it’s face is made by UPP. To UPP troops to like Ivan UPP engineers made Ivan a strong and patronising personality. But after Ivan broke down UPP command decided to jettison him out because there was no parts to fix him." Ivan is serving the Almayer for only a few weeks when he found drifting in space around Herculis. USCM first thought of destroying Ivan but after some considiration a synth would be a great asset abord Almayer UPP or not.

Skills:

Engineering:
I am experienced with engineering. There might be thing or two I might not learned but I know all the basics and some advanced stuff. I can make FOB’s, I can repair APC’s, Activate Comms, fix M2C’s.

Command:
I didn’t look into much into command but I have experience with being SO and SL.

Medical:
The medical is my favorite. Unga needed? I can prepare, Cryo juice? I got it. Patient’s heart gone? Let me get my surgery tools. I also can prepare all the special medicines such as MB,KD,IA,D+ from mind but sometimes I need to look at wiki for some unused recipies such as ATD.

Requisitions:
I can send FOB drops, I can prepare magazine boxes, I can order stuff and I know how to use BM but of course as a synth I would never use.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
No.

Are you currently banned from our Discord?
No.

Let us know why you were discord banned.
I didn’t.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
I am really exited on how it’s gonna be.

Hey, FYI, you answered something incorrectly. I’m not a WL councilor or anything, but you need to (or should) put down the characters/ prefix-postix xeno combos you play. Most people wont recognize other peoples’ ckeys.

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

I’ll try and come back and give some feedback once I know who you play as! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Doctor is obvious, corpsman is medic and combat technician is marine engineer. But to give credit combat techs mostly called engineers so yeah. Also I am a marine main. I play with xenos if I played surviver and died in return. Even then I play xeno depending on my mood. If I die as a marine I dont play xeno.

Okay, once again, the names of the characters you play are important. The roles you play are important, yes, but being able to identify you in any capacity is critical to whitelists.

1 Like

Ahhhh okay now I got it. How can I change this?

Hello!

As Crimson said, the question “Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?” is meant to be the name of your character ingame. For example, I play as Jane JJ Jacobson.

Personality: In my perspective, if I were the commanding officer of a platoon of Marines and I had a choice to get a synthetic. I would not pick the UPP Synth, no matter what programming it went through. Even in your description, they show a sort of hostility to Weyland Yutani members EVEN THOUGH the USCM and W-Y are, lets say, partners. If you spawned as a USCM Synthetic (the standard) then you follow your officer’s orders but that doesn’t mean you can completely ignore the Liaison cause “I don’t like capitalists”. That’s ridiculous.

Interactions: It’s pretty basic common sense as a support role, you would help injured marines. Rank does matter because as a USCM spawned Synth player, you have follow your officer’s orders (with the exception of breaking ML or it risks your self preservation/Synth guidelines). In summary, nothing special can be done when interacting with “Ivan”.

Executive/Staff officers have the abilities to do Command, Medical and Engineering roles except surgery. If you wanna give it a try, play SO or XO

Story: I don’t see the point of the USS Almayer taking Ivan, a broken Synthetic, and do all this work to repair, make him operational AND delete any and all UPP programming when its more efficient to buy a civilian model Synthetic from Weyland and give it basic UA programming. Your story is too short, spelling mistakes and doesn’t explore how your interactions with the players in-game would be like, an example of sorts is what we want.

Overall, you should look into other accepted applications found here Accepted . Learn why they’re accepted and I guarantee putting in the hard work will make you successful in the end.

1 Like

The biggest immediate stand-out issues have to do with the foundation of the character.

Standard procedure for captured synthetics is a full program wipe meaning the result after the procedure is a complete blank slate, i.e. the personality you wanted just got tossed in a trashcan. This is done to prevent sleeper and infiltration programs from activating later, and removes liability.

You could go back to the board and design something that is manufactured by for example Hyperdyne for market to UPP and non-aligned groups, as they are a corporate subsidiary of WY that usually sells products to that clientele, but if the individual synthetic has ever been in UPP or another “hostile” entity’s possession, it will get the full wipe if it’s to ever see service with the marines.

Once you have a viable personality, you can work on a story. We usually want something that’s 2-4 pages long and emphasizes the dialogue and character interactions with the character you want to play. Focus on showing the personality and how it fits into interactions with others.

2 Likes

Well I will try to make a more special character then. Maybe like a old UPP synth who ran away from UPP maybe?

The point of asking about a ‘specific character’ to allow members of the Synth Whitelist to evaluate your performance. There are some lore issues within the personality, I recommend offering personalities to all councilors for review and feedback. The story is lacking in effort and should highlight the synthetic’s personality through dialogue. The experience answers are lackluster, synthetics are meant to be subject matter experts in all things support. This application is denied at this time.

2 Likes