Slightly Stupid - Timed Ban Appeal

What’s your BYOND key?

Slightly Stupid

Character Name?

Arthur ‘Toast’ Levey

Type of Ban?

Timed Ban

What is your Bancode?

Reason: EORG - Generating combat logs with, or otherwise griefing, friendly/allied players

Admin who banned you?

Biolock

Total Ban Duration

3 Hours

Remaining Duration

2.5 hours

What other servers do you play on?

Paradise Station, Tg Station, Goon Station

Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?

No, never.

Do you play using a Virtual Machine?

No

is your copy of Windows legitimate?

Yes

Reason for Ban:

Banned due to perceived griefing round end with breaching charge.

Links to previous appeals:

N/a

Your appeal:

Regrettably, during a recent end to an operation, I inadvertently caused harm to a fellow marine while experimenting with a breaching charge on a wall. Unaware of its potential hazards, I lacked understanding of the shrapnel it releases upon detonation. While I initially believed the round end would be a suitable area for testing, it’s now evident that I made a grave mistake in judgment. I’m appealing this ban as I’m concerned about the impact my rookie error has had on others’ gameplay experiences. I haven’t had the opportunity to extend my sincere apologies to the affected player, before I was banned, and I’m committed to rectifying this oversight. My aim is to ensure this incident doesn’t mar my record, as harming others was never my intention. I’ve since educated myself on breaching charges and their associated risks, recognizing the importance of thorough comprehension before implementation. Moving forward, I’ll seek out appropriate testing ranges or resources within the game to safely experiment and learn about unfamiliar weapons before deploying them in live scenarios. Is there a testing range in game where I can test unknown weapons or items I am not as familiar with? Thank you for your time and consideration, sorry for wasting your time.

2 Likes

I was the marine you killed and you all good in my book, i thought it was funny as hell. But you get EORG ban when you generate combat logs after round end and its usually automated. The best way to test out gear is using them on the frontlines during combat as thats how its intended, to my knowledge there isnt a place to test explosives there is only a firing range near engineering mainly for teaching new players how to use a gun.

1 Like

Hey there Sapper! Sorry for killing you. Thanks for explaining the EORG ban, it makes sense that I got banned so quickly due to it being automated now. Ill make sure not to even breathe after round end from now on! Glad I didn’t impact your game too negatively. Sorry again. Hope to see you soon on the battlefield!

2 Likes

Hi, unfortunately bans under 24 hours are not appealable given that by the time most investigations are done the ban will be expired.

Added appeal:denied and removed appeal:waiting