SmellyHippie - Synthetic Application

get person knows what he is doing +1

I gave a jovial reply because I suspected Hippie would be a shoo-in. If that is not the case then let me give a more acute assessment. I am not a synthetic player nor am I qualified to be one. With that said, Hippie has my highest recommendation for any role or position on the server. He is immensely knowledgeable, thoughtful of the players around him, and has fully invested his time on CM into improving the community. He is still one of the most active mentor-help responders in spite of now being a moderator, and he has double-downed on his community contributions with log diving and administrative discussions.

He is on a very short list of people whom I am comfortable giving anything to during events because I know he will use those items/ characters in a way that makes the game better for the people around him. He is a phenomenal role-player and a credit to the community. He makes mistakes, we all do, but his strength of character is irreproachable, and every one of his actions (his admission of guilt in this case) is a testament to that.

On an OOC level they’ve been very prompt, friendly and quick both as as mentor and a moderator. ICly, I haven’t really talked significantly with their characters, but they still gave me the time of day and have been a good help in the roles they play. Things are made more positive by them.

From what I’ve noticed of synths, the time they spend roleplaying with others suffers a bit due to the work they need to do but I at least know for SmellyHippie, they’ll have the former fine when there’s time for it and their experience in support roles, which has been very evident to me due to the variety I see them in, is certain.

+1

Had a question, ahelp’d with first an unclear hey and then a clear response for my actual issue immediately got a helpful friendly response and after a few days being jaded with moderation in general it was a good interaction +1

i have had a lot of different interactions with hippy and they are one of the better Moderators to work with and they are pretty cool so yeah +1

1 Like

Here’s my updated playtimes. I put about ~20 hours in doctor, ASO, and comtech. Got a bit of QM, SO, and corpsman in. I probably wont be able to play as much for the rest of the week, my best friend wants to play some WoW.

Greetings SmellyHippie and thank you for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist.

The personality you have brought forth for Dean is decent, and its good that you have several layers - this will make it easier to introduce it ingame at various levels of RP.

The story you provided makes use of your Synthetic’s quirks and the dialogue is in a satisfactory manner which allows us to understand how Dean would speak ingame. (ps. 1fichier is completely unheard of)

Your most memorable interaction is even catalogued with a round number! I’m very pleased to see another satisfactory Synthetic RP, especially one with Malcolm! River has his own unique style as well. A good read!

The experience answers you wrote here are good enough, except for requisitions. We would definitely like to see you speak and elaborate on your performances, not just that you have written a guide! That being said, your answers are accurate and your claims are backed up by both vouches and observed playtime.

When it comes to your combat answer, I was very happy to see well versed, relatable scenarios which may occur ingame. You demonstrated a good understanding of programming and all except #3 of your scenarios were exceptional. In #3 your last sentence was a little vague, however I understand the meaning you were trying to convey.

Your vouches are very good - with an overwhelming support from the community! Synthetics were fond of your gameplay and overall you did an excellent job in being active, seen and showing your competency.

During our observations, we found that in all but one of your rounds we were pleased with your gameplay in relevant roles. There was one round involving a lower command role where we believe you were below standard when it came to the RP levels expected. Of course, we believe this to be a one-time mistake. Just remember in the future that as a Synthetic, you should always be in character and helping the immersion!

Overall, your application coupled with vouches, and our observations of you was pleasant to see.

Therefore, we wish to warmly accept this application!
Welcome to the USS Almayer, Dean! :mechanical_arm:

2 Likes

Added synth:approved and removed synth:waiting