Your character name:

Nico Murder

Their BYOND key:

NessiePendragon

What are you reporting?:

Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:

IN GAME:
After body pushing MPs who were trying to arrest a marine off the Alamo before first drop with several other marines, I was in the doorway on take off and ended up on the Almayer drop pad. The CMP (who was being body blocked) and me exchanged hellos before I walked to the Normandy, when the CMP and an MP chased me and tried to arrest me for DASO, attempted to tase me which I shot back. I killed/crit one before I was killed, which I believe after I was admin slept.

After I was dead, nothing happened for a few minutes and I planned on just hanging around ghost/waiting to get revived but got banned instantly for the reason “Player joined the round as Nico Murder and killed two MPs.” with no admin help. I don’t know if the moderator suspected I was a random who just joined to grief, but thats what the note seems to be suggesting.

1. I’ve been using this name for a while and had zero problems with anyone related to my name, so this is obviously not a random account
  2. Why would I start shooting MPs to grief after going through req, sitting through briefing, and trying to deploy if I was a random join

POST GAME:
I was going to make a staff report for an misunderstanding that resulted in a ban with an absurd ban time, but when dming Pendragon asking for the round id, I was simply told no and blocked.

Evidence:

Ban note:

You have been noted by NessiePendragon.
The note is : Player joined the round as Nico Murder and killed two MPs.
If you believe this was filed in error or misplaced, make a staff report at The CM Forums
You can also click the name of the staff member noting you to PM them.
You have been banned by nessiependragon.
Reason: Player joined the round as Nico Murder and killed two MPs. .
This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 262800 minutes.

Being blocked for asking for a round id:

1 Like

Player joined the round with name Nico Murder, and killed MPs without an escalation. You can’t kill MPs just because they were trying to arrest you, that’s improper escalation per Rule 10.

Couple days ago, same player gunned down multiple people over a req fight and banned for three hours. So player was informed about the rules.

Today, player broke the same rule and I was told by a Manager to issue 30 days ban.

And… I don’t have to answer any of your questions in my private dms. If you dm me like GET THE ROUND ID I will block you. If you want to know anything related to CMSS13, ask it in CM’s staff-help.

Again, I’ve used this name for a while and had zero issues regarding it. It’s a real name and goes incredibly hard soo…

You issued a half year ban, not a 30 day ban, this is the root issue I was originally going to open a staff ticket for, which I did not copy a round id for before closing the game. Blocking me and being condescending in dms is unprofessional and reflects poorly against you as a moderator. If you took my message as GET THE ROUND ID then you have blown a simple dm completely out of proportion in your head.

1 Like

When applying a ban, we have to calculate in minutes, not in days or months, so I made a mistake. I fixed the timer.

Yes, and I would have never been able to point out your mistake if I didn’t have to ask a manager for the round id after you blocked me.

1 Like

All relevant in-game communications posted below. If you feel I have missed something, or misconstrued any information, please let me know on Discord.

Involved Parties
Nico Murder | Reporting Player | Snipertiko| Combat Technician
NessiePendragon | Staff Member

Nico joins the round, states these words
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:25:29.899 19791 SAY SAY: Nico Murder [1]: Shut up (CKEY: Snipertiko) (JOB: Combat Technician)
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:25:43.664 19791 SAY SAY: Nico Murder [1]: Get out my face noob (CKEY: Snipertiko) (JOB: Combat Technician)
Nico utters these words on the Alamo.

Snipertiko states that these words were stated in the context of himself and some other Marines trying to keep several MPs off of the Alamo.

Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:33:47.245 19791 SAY SAY: Nico Murder [1]: No MPs on the ship (CKEY: Snipertiko) (JOB: Combat Technician)
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:34:02.421 19791 SAY SAY: Nico Murder [1]: AMPAB (CKEY: Snipertiko) (JOB: Combat Technician)
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:33:53.886 19791 SAY SAY: Nico Murder [1]: Fuck off pig (CKEY: Snipertiko) (JOB: Combat Technician)
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:34:44.192 19791 SAY SAY: Nico Murder [1]: NO MPS ON THE SHIP (CKEY: Snipertiko) (JOB: Combat Technician)
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:34:46.269 19791 SAY SAY: Nico Murder [1]: MP GO HOME (CKEY: Snipertiko) (JOB: Combat Technician)
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:36:12.280 19791 SAY SAY: Nico Murder [1]: NO MPS ON THIS SHIP (CKEY: Snipertiko) (JOB: Combat Technician)
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:36:18.640 19791 SAY SAY: Nico Murder [1]: AMPAB (CKEY: Snipertiko) (JOB: Combat Technician)
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:36:31.904 19791 SAY SAY: Nico Murder [1]: GO HOME MP (CKEY: Snipertiko) (JOB: Combat Technician)
Nico then engages in a conversation with the CMP, the CMP then orders the arrest of Nico

I could not find any initial reasons as to why the arrest was ordered.

Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:36:53.107 19791 SAY SAY: Wayne Durstine [1]: Heya idiot. () (JOB: Chief MP)
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:36:59.364 19791 SAY SAY: Nico Murder [1]: Hi buddy (CKEY: Snipertiko) (JOB: Combat Technician)
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:37:07.810 19791 SAY SAY: Wayne Durstine [1]: OI. () (JOB: Chief MP)
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:37:12.089 19791 SAY SAY: Nico Murder [1]: Fuck off pig (CKEY: Snipertiko) (JOB: Combat Technician)
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:37:21.642 19791 SAY SAY: Wayne Durstine [1]: You’re under arrest for DASO. () (JOB: Chief MP)
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:37:25.715 19791 SAY SAY: Nico Murder [1]: I did nothing (CKEY: Snipertiko) (JOB: Combat Technician)
Nico murders two MPs before being killed by a third party Marine

According to the logs, Nico was the first person to initiate any attack logs of any kind.

Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:37:31.171 19791 ATTACK ATTACK: Snipertiko/(Nico Murder) shot Wayne Durstine/() with a rifle bullet in the �Dropship Normandy x6 Times
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:37:34.492 19791 ATTACK ATTACK: Wayne Durstine has died to �M41A pulse rifle MK2 at the �Dropship Normandy from Nico Murder
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:37:33.981 19791 ATTACK ATTACK: Snipertiko/(Nico Murder) shot /(Royce Pinney) with a rifle bullet in the �Dropship Normandy x7 Times
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:37:38.474 19791 ATTACK ATTACK: Royce Pinney has died to �M41A pulse rifle MK2 at the �Dropship Normandy from Nico Murder
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:37:54.470 19791 ATTACK ATTACK: Nico Murder has died to �88 Mod 4 combat pistol at the �Hangar from Greyson Wilo
Nico is banned by NessiePendragon

Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:42:55.784 19791 ADMIN ADMIN: �!NessiePendragon has banned snipertiko.

• Reason: Player joined the round as Nico Murder and killed two MPs.
  • This will be removed in 262800 minutes.
    Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:42:55.785 19791 ACCESS ACCESS: Logout: Snipertiko/(Nico Murder)

I should note that snipertiko did not quit the server until they were banned.

There were some asay logs of minor relevance to this report, which I can present to any investigating staff if required.

There are no further relevant logs.

Edit: I’ve edited one section of the log to clarify a situation.

Added report:needverdict and removed report:pendinglogs

Reposting this as Steelpoint recommended I do so to add some more context to this report now that the logs are posted
At 23:33, the ‘No MPs on the ship’ refers to me and several other marines forming a wall to push MPs out of the Alamo before they could arrest a marine (I forget his charge). All this text was said directly to MPs at the south door, not the CMP. On running to the starboard door to block MPs (22 second time gap between the ‘GO HOME MP’ and ‘Heya idiot’), I stood directly in the doorway as Alamo launched, leaving me on the ground with the CMP. We exchanged hellos before I walked away which is the ‘OI’. Nowhere did I DASO the CMP like you also said, but I did blow his head off which is improper escalation and understandable.

This probably should have been made more clear but my issue is with the conduct of NessiePendragon rather than my 30 day ban (which I find acceptable). Banning me instantly with no admin message for an absurd time (half a year) and then refusing to give me the round id and blocking me over discord because you read everything in a passive aggressive/slighting tone is unprofessional and is what I would consider a childish personality unfit for moderating anything. I had to message Grimreaperx15 (I think was his name) to get me the round id so I could make a staff report in the first place to actually get any mod to notice that I was banned for half a year when it was supposed to be 30 days.

1 Like

Alright, I will reply one last time since you’re a very new player to CM and I will wait for my manager to handle this report. I will try to be extremely kind to you :).

First of all, you have a total 10 hours in CM, like, over all 10 hours not just in Rifleman which makes you very very new to CM and so it’s rules and you already have got 2 bans for Improper Escalation. First ban because of you gunned down multiple people over a req line fight, which made you banned for three hours. Next day, you came again and killed two MPs because they wanted to arrest you. If you don’t know the rules and get banned for breaching the same rule twice in two days, it seems your ignorance and your problem, not mine. I have no regret because I didn’t let a griefer ruin players’ roleplaying experience, if you come to server after your 30 days ban and do the same, I will ban you again for 6 months this time and that won’t be a mistake.

Mate, you left the game after you died. How did you expect me to reach you?

Nah, you had many ways to appeal your ban, report me and learn the round id. You could have make a ban appeal on forum, which is what you should have done at first, you could’ve gone to staff-help channel in CM’s Discord and learn the round id about your ban. Again, your ignorance is not my problem.

When it comes to killing people over a small things, you become a top notch griefer and manly man!!, because who the hell are they trying to arrest you, the bald protagonist?? Then Staff shows up and takes your toy away and punishes you for your misbehaving, after that moment, you suddenly evolve into a child and baby raging around because you can’t click that little mouse button and ruin other peoples’ game, how sad.

Go out, touch the green.

You mean when people already recognized me after 10 hours of playtime and said they loved me from their interactions with me in game?

Blatant lie, I was spectating my corpse when you banned me without even attempting to talk to me. You were too busy telling people to not revive me.

With what round id?

This is the childish behavior I was referring to btw.

3 Likes

Just to clarify as I did not ascertain its relevance at first, but I believe it may be pertinent information now.

I’ll note that Snipertiko did not leave the game until they were banned, wherein they were automatically disconnected.

Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:42:55.784 19791 ADMIN ADMIN: �!nessiependragon has banned snipertiko.
Dec 3, 2023 @ 23:42:55.785 19791 ACCESS ACCESS: Logout: Snipertiko/(Nico Murder)

I have updated my log pull to reflect this.

Heya!

So I’m going to just totally sidestep most of this report after looking into it for a bit.
Pretty quickly after looking into this whole thing it became extremely clear that even the amended ban timer is very much incorrect.

That is because it is extremely clear that you are using this account to ban evade/multikey and that is something that is not allowed on our server at all.
So I will be applying a 6 month ban pending a permanent ban for that. If you have any questions, concerns or explanations regarding this you can reach out to me via discord. My username is clairion so you should be able to reach out to me over there.

So yeah obviously this staff report is denied but I’ll make sure to talk with Nessie about how to handle situations like this even better.
I’ll also make sure to point out to both @NessiePendragon and @Steelpoint how I recognise multikeyers in situations like this since neither of them have caught that while looking into this.

Added report:denied and removed report:needverdict