Discord Ban Appeal - Soomis

What is your Discord ID?

Soomis

What is your BYOND key?

TyroneDadWhisperer

Total Ban Duration

Perma

Reason for Ban

You were banned in SS13: Colonial Marines Official. | Permanent discord ban - Coordinated harassment and acting in a manner promoting atrocities and conflict.

Appeal

I’m reusing parts of my previous appeal as I was told it was denied due to being 20 days early.

To the best of my memory I have never promoted or endorsed any type of real world conflict, the only thing that comes to mind is that I had a ‘Z’ in my nickname as a joke, which I can now see was in really bad taste and I would like to apologise to anyone that felt uncomfortable or disgusted with these jokes and I agree now in hindsight that they were too far and I can understand why I was banned for them.

I’d also like to address the “coordinated harassment” of discord user @MobiusWon. I would like to say sorry to this user yet again for if they felt they were being harassed but that truly was not my intention, I, along with others in the discord were posting stupid gifs and ‘Z-posting’ with other members of the discord before he even joined the conversation and it gradually escalated with Mobius pinging discord staff and saying we ‘support fascist orcs’ before sending wikipedia links to atrocities such as the Holodomor, at the time I thought nothing of this, but after reflection I believe we should’ve stopped the second someone felt uncomfortable with our jokes and it won’t happen again as if I’m to be let back into the discord I ensure that I will only keep to talking about other subjects that are both less offensive and divisive. Cheers.

13 Likes

Time wise the ban is up - I’ll leave it to GrimReaper and his final call with his new policy, but I can confirm Soomis has appealed this the right way and apologised in DMs.

I have decided to accept this appeal, although it will be similar to Dreven’s situation. This is the last permaban lift I will do, if you get permabanned again, I will not consider any future appeal. You’ll be expected to be on your best behavior from here on out. Please do not make me regret this.

Resolved - Accepted

Added appeal:approved and removed appeal:waiting