Your character name:

Petardo Fumeta

Their BYOND key:

SmellyHippie

What are you reporting?:

Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:

So this is what happened:
Join as late round XO (at 00:45 OP time) where one SO, Dominic Rosse, has been managing CIC alone this entirely time. The SO it’s wearing an aXO ID card, which makes me think the ASO has changed his ID. The operation has been going good, thing that proves me from my perspective the SO it’s capable of managing CIC.
Marines were at west caves pushing the hive, but unable to reach it. There was a big flank opportunity through central caves. I decide to deploy to lead the flank as soon as possible, since the xenos had a dangerously recent amount of caps unbursted but no T3s. The flank ended badly since fear RP, even after announcing “hard push in Queen screed” while being the first in charge to encourage marines. As the dchat said: “DEAD: Aleksandr Pavlovich (F) says, “queen critted and marines frozen””. Then I died and here is my conversation with the admin:

Admin PM from-SmellyHippie: Hey, why’d you deploy without putting anyone in charge?
PM to-Admins: SO was in charge, I put him on charge. He has been acting as aXO the whole round and things were going good, so I thought he could keep managing CIC and I will be to deploy and lead the flank.
Admin PM from-SmellyHippie: Which SO? neither one of them had access.
PM to-Admins: Here is what I saw: “He is wearing Dominic Russo’s ID Card (Acting XO).” Now that Im examining him again, he has no the same ID. So Im realazing it is a feature in the code and no ASO gave him that rank. My bad, I wasnt aware of that.
PM to-Admins: Here is an announcment he made while I was awake as XO: “Command Announcement We have incen OB loaded. Give me coords and I will make it fly. Signed by, Civilian Dominic Russo” This annoncment impling acces, plus the aXO ID while I was awake, made me think he already had the acces so I put him on charge of CIC. But seems it’s a feature that I was not aware. Althought I could have double checked, so it’s kinda my bad too. At least I learnt something today.
Admin PM from-SmellyHippie: After much deliberation I’ll be applying an XO ban. Leaving one SO in charge is not acceptable, and you’ve been warned for deploying as an XO just last month.

The appeal of the ban it’s in the conversation itself. I honestly consider there was no reason to ban or note it, since the only wrong thing done here was not being aware of the aXO feature. From my perspective the SO was capable of handing CIC alone (as he has been doing it the whole round) and already had acces to the CIC bubble (as the announcment proved me). I checked while being a ghost that his ID changed by magic from “aXO” to “Staff Officer” and lost all his XO acces. As said, I was not aware of this feature.
And about the note, I was notted for deploying when the XOs weren’t allowed without CO and risking my life for one egg. It was wrong, of course. It was a round of 4 hours and was destroying me internally.

To end this, want to declare that I consider this is just a wrong ban and the admin was not against me or expressly going against rules.

Edit: P.D.: I was also perma job banned from XO. Discovered it speaking with the admin in discord. I’m not making an appeal to avoid an innecesarry duplication.

You have been banned by smellyhippie. Reason: As an XO deployed which left one SO with a questionable ID card in CiC alone. If you cannot establish a competent CiC staff, please do not deploy yourself.

The note for jobban it’s the same.

Evidence:

Have no screenshoots. All it’s in the description of the incident.

2 Likes

Petardo Fumeta - Sospe03 / Executive Officer
Dominic Russo / Staff Officer
May ‘Chaos’ Blyant / Staff Officer 2
Staff

Dominic Russo Updating Their ID

[2024-01-17 05:26:10.506] ADMIN: (Dominic Russo) gave the ID of Dominic Russo the assignment ‘Executive Officer’.

ID MOD: (Dominic Russo) granted USCM IFF.

ID MOD: (Dominic Russo) changed the account number to ‘835857’.

ID MOD: (Dominic Russo) changed the assignment of the ID to the custom position ‘Executive Officer’.

ID MOD: (Dominic Russo) changed the registered name of the ID to ‘Dominic Russo’.

ADMIN: (Dominic Russo) gave the ID of Dominic Russo the assignment ‘Acting XO’.

ID MOD: (Dominic Russo) changed the assignment of the ID to the custom position ‘Acting XO’.

ID MOD: (Dominic Russo) changed the registered name of the ID to ‘Dominic Russo’.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Dominic Russo has announced the following: Briefing at 22:17, Briefing Room.

SAY: Dominic Russo [Command]: I didn’t have a lot of time to fiddle with the ID.(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: Dominic Russo [Command]: Just a temporary measure.(JOB: Staff Officer)

XO Joins, Delegates Leadership & Deploys

[2024-01-17 05:56:46.372] ACCESS: Login: Sospe03

SAY: Dominic Russo [Command]: It’s just me.(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: Dominic Russo [Command]: If the Captain is up, they are not in the CIC.(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [Command]: I wake up around 2 minutes ago, give me some time goddamn (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [1]: UH? (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [Command]: Keep on CIC SO, we have a problem with the CL (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [MP]: MPs? (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [1]: You (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [1]: Make sure he cannot escape via backdoor (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

SAY: Dominic Russo [Command]: Roger.(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [Almayer]: CL, last chance, open up (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [1]: SO I need to gear up (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [1]: Unless Russo fee- (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

SAY: Dominic Russo [1]: Sir?(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [1]: Feels capable of handing CIC (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

SAY: Dominic Russo [1]: I’ve been runnin’ things the best I can for now.(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [1]: And you did good (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [1]: Ill gear up (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [1]: And think about it (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

ADMIN: Sospe03/(Petardo Fumeta) has made a command announcement.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Sospe03/(Petardo Fumeta) has announced the following: Queen screed push

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [Charlie]: Bravo has been sent there (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

ADMIN: Sospe03/(Petardo Fumeta) has made a command announcement.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Sospe03/(Petardo Fumeta) has announced the following: I will be deploying, hold at west caves in the open.

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [1]: I’ll be deploying (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

SAY: Dominic Russo [1]: Yessir.(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [1]: Take care of CIC (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

OOC: (LOCAL) Dominic Russo/Noize : nods.

Other SO Joins & Situation Development

[2024-01-17 06:16:22.521] ACCESS: Login: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant

ANNOUNCEMENT: Sospe03/(Petardo Fumeta) has announced the following: Alpha, stay on this chokepoint. THE REST OF MARINES, WITH ME

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Where is the captain?(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: Dominic Russo [1]: Deployed…(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Oh(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Are we in charge?(JOB: Staff Officer)

ADMIN: Sospe03/(Petardo Fumeta) used a megaphone to say: >WE WILL FLANK THRO CENTRAL CAVES. ALPHA STAY HERE TO COVER<

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Oh do we fucking no longer have access to these consoles?(JOB: Staff Officer)

ID MOD: (Dominic Russo) changed the assignment of the ID to the custom position ‘Acting XO’.

ADMIN: (May ‘Chaos’ Blyant) gave the ID of Dominic Russo the assignment ‘Staff Officer’.

ID MOD: (Dominic Russo) changed the assignment of the ID to the custom position ‘Staff Officer’.

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Put your id back in(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Actually i got it(JOB: Staff Officer)

ID MOD: (May ‘Chaos’ Blyant) granted access ‘1’.

ID MOD: (May ‘Chaos’ Blyant) changed the assignment of the ID to the custom position ‘Staff Officer’.

ID MOD: (May ‘Chaos’ Blyant) changed the registered name of the ID to ‘May ‘Chaos’ Blyant’.

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [Command]: ASO to CIC please(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [Command]: We need the senior officer to lead(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [Command]: XO heavily broke sop so we need you here(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: CE you dont have access(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Oh you stole the ID(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Fair(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Na we did the same shit(JOB: Staff Officer)

ADMIN: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant has made a command announcement.

SAY: Dominic Russo [1]: XO still alive?(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Nope(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: Dominic Russo [1]: Fucking great.(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Yup their gone(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: Dominic Russo [1]: Where is the ASO?(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Brig(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: Dominic Russo [1]: He told me to handle CIC.(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Being a MP(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: RIGHT(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Can I borrow your Id(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Again(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Im giving myself full access(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Yeah(JOB: Staff Officer)

ID MOD: (May ‘Chaos’ Blyant) granted the ID all access and USCM IFF.

ID MOD: (May ‘Chaos’ Blyant) changed the registered name of the ID to ‘May ‘Chaos’ Blyant’.

ID MOD: (May ‘Chaos’ Blyant) changed the assignment of the ID to the custom position ‘Staff Officer’.

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Xo is perma(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: Somone fucked up his ID(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: Dominic Russo [1]: We need to evac.(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: Dominic Russo [1]: I fucked up my own ID.(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: May ‘Chaos’ Blyant [1]: We didn’t have access to the main consoles(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: Dominic Russo [1]: Didn’t have time.(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: Dominic Russo [1]: Was the only command officer for a good long while…(JOB: Staff Officer)

Ticket 1

ADMIN: PM: SmellyHippieSospe03/(Unknown (as Petardo Fumeta)): Hey, why’d you deploy without putting anyone in charge?

ADMIN: PM: Sospe03/(Unknown (as Petardo Fumeta))->SmellyHippie: SO was in charge, I put him on charge. He has been acting as aXO the whole round and things were going good, so I thought he could keep managing CIC and I will be to deploy and lead the flank.

ADMIN: PM: SmellyHippieSospe03/(Unknown (as Petardo Fumeta)): Which SO? neither one of them had access.

ADMIN: PM: Sospe03/(Unknown (as Petardo Fumeta))->SmellyHippie: Dominic Russo, he had an ID saying “aXO” so I thought he already had acces.

ADMIN: PM: Sospe03/(Unknown (as Petardo Fumeta))->SmellyHippie: Here is what I saw: “He is wearing Dominic Russo’s ID Card (Acting XO).” Now that Im examining him again, he has no the same ID. So Im realazing it is a feature in the code and no ASO gave him that rank. My bad, I wasnt aware of that.

ADMIN: PM: Sospe03/(Unknown (as Petardo Fumeta))->SmellyHippie: Here is an announcment he made while I was awake as XO: “Command Announcement We have incen OB loaded. Give me coords and I will make it fly. Signed by, Civilian Dominic Russo” This annoncment impling acces, plus the aXO ID while I was awake, made me think he already had the acces so I put him on charge of CIC. But seems it’s a feature that I was not aware. Althought I could have double checked, so it’s kinda my bad too. At least I learnt something today.

ADMIN: PM: SmellyHippieSospe03/(Unknown (as Petardo Fumeta)): After much deliberation I’ll be applying an XO ban. Leaving one SO in charge is not acceptable, and you’ve been warned for deploying as an XO just last month.

Ticket 2

ADMIN: PM: SmellyHippieDominic Russo: Hey, just checking in. You aren’t in any trouble. Did the XO leave you in charge? If so, was your ID modified so that you could sustain the CiC?

ADMIN: PM: Dominic RussoSmellyHippie: Yeah, XO left me in charge. I already had an ID modified because I was the only command staff other than IO at round start.

ADMIN: PM: Dominic RussoSmellyHippie: Also ASO also me in charge. They both bailed on the CIC.

ADMIN: PM: SmellyHippieDominic Russo: were you alone once the XO deployed?

ADMIN: PM: Dominic RussoSmellyHippie: I believe so. Hard to say, but I think we were the only two in the CIC.

Added report:needverdict and removed report:pendinglogs

Heya! So I’m actually gonna pass this along to someone higher up since I was semi involved in the decision making here behind the scenes.

But yeah I’d say that you didnt leave a capable CIC behind at all, and that’s on you. If you want to deploy you should make sure your CIC is capable and the fact that it wasnt shows that you didnt do the due diligence before deploying.
And leaving only a single SO behind you better be REALLY sure that they are able to handle everything by themselves.

Anyways I’m passing it along so I wont do a full conclusion thing. Some other manager who wasnt involved can conclude the report.

And leaving only a single SO behind you better be REALLY sure that they are able to handle everything by themselves.

-Asked multiple times to various admins if leaving one SO was okay. Untill today, everyone gave me the same answer: there is no problem.
-Said it already twice: the SO was managing CIC alone for 40/45 minutes and the operation had been smooth; plus none was complaining to me about the SO being uncapable, this is very common thing when a late round XO awakes and CIC was poorly managed. It allows you to tell if the CIC team it’s capable or not.
-I must add it was a lowpop round (around 50/60 players). Not the same leaving one SO commanding 80 marines than 30, of which 10 are dead.

If you want to deploy you should make sure your CIC is capable and the fact that it wasnt shows that you didnt do the due diligence before deploying.

-Of course I would have loved to HRP a conversation of two hours interrogating the SO about his CIC managing skills, but there was not enough time for that. Queen without T3s and in low numbres but with a dangerous amount of caps. Marines had a good flank, but they were quite lost and needed someone to point for them where to attack. I judged the SO by how the operation had been going and directly asked him if he felt capable of keeping at CIC alone:

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [1]: Unless Russo fee- (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

SAY: Dominic Russo [1]: Sir?(JOB: Staff Officer)

SAY: Petardo Fumeta [1]: Feels capable of handing CIC (CKEY: Sospe03) (JOB: Executive Officer)

SAY: Dominic Russo [1]: I’ve been runnin’ things the best I can for now.(JOB: Staff Officer)

Of course, everyone can have mistakes. But if this is going to be a reality show about finding the goofiest excuse to keep me the jobban, better deny it and we both can avoid some unnecessary head aches. It has been already two weeks to say literally “we are moving this case to another admin”. I know everyone is busy in the modern society, but this is close to become a circus.

This answer it’s specifically answering @Clairion , and not for the admin that will take care from now.

4 Likes

I’ve read the available logs and the testimonies in this thread from those involved. With that considered, I concur with the decision made by SmellyHippie and Clairion.

Due to the delay in resolving this report I am willing to waive the minimum wait time (30d) before you can attempt to appeal the jobban.

Resolved, no action taken.

Added report:denied and removed report:needverdict