Sources of the new sprites. To properly give the people creddit and so people shit on them less.

So, i went on the SS-13 sprite discord server and asked about the new sprites. Turns out some of them come from other servers and are just copy pasted. Wich explains why they dont fit our artstyle.

Made from Pawn and from Bay Station:
Screenshot 2024-04-09 211301

These sprites are made by ceuvi and are apprently from Eris.
Screenshot 2024-04-09 211613
Screenshot 2024-04-09 211416

The only semi confirmation about the sprites being ours are the new barrels and maybe medkits
And that isnt even a 100% confimation that its ours.
Screenshot 2024-04-09 211337
Screenshot 2024-04-09 211218

I hope that this for one one, gives the orignal spriter some credit.
And two, finally makes people stop shitting on them for being a diffrent style then ours.
Will update if i find the exact soruces of the other sprites.

Edit:
The “less shitting on them” part is more meant as Dont shit on them because they dont fit our artstyle. Shit on them because they where fullmerged without TM and copy pasting them without even letting any of us or the orignal artist know they are used.

4 Likes

that just makes me wanna shit on them more! the bottles look like ass!!!

8 Likes

the bottles look like potions and dont fit the art style in the slightest which annoys me

7 Likes

Yeah, bottles don’t fit at all. It actually makes it easier for me to be mad, because I didn’t want to offend our spriters (they are rare breed).

6 Likes

Being copy pasted also makes me dislike them more.

Why would I complain less about them not fitting our art style? It doesnt fit our art style. Regardless of how good they look.

8 Likes

I at first thought i would be nice to them since someone on here sprited them. But now knowing they essentially got copy pasted from another server makes em horrible.

7 Likes

Dont be mad at the sprites. They are good and had a lot of work done for them to look good.
Be mad at the admins and maintainers that tryd to pull this stunt.

3 Likes

Admins have near zero power over what gets put into the game aside from administrative tools, its all up to the maintainer team what does and doesn’t get merged.

1 Like

Kinda surprised people didn’t realize the updated sprites were mostly taken from other servers.

Horrible change in my opinion but at the end of the day my opinion means nothing so just gotta get use to it.

5 Likes

The bottom ones match the rest of the aesthetics of the server, the top ones do not.

1 Like

I’m honestly not familiar with what the top image is, what object is that for or from what PR.

But for the chemistry sprites that wasn’t like obfuscated that they aren’t original:

Credit you can find both in game, discord changelog, and of course the PR

You were also made aware of this here: Reflections on the new sprites now that some time passed - #11 by Johannes2262

3 Likes

Additionally, I don’t know if you know but CM is a fork of Bay Station: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/spacestation13/SS13-Codebases/master/tree.svg

3 Likes

It’s an air canister, here’s a photo of where they are.

1 Like

that i actually did not know. That actually pretty neat.
But i couldnt find the pr for it, and its apperent a lot of others didnt notice any of the original sources.
Why nobody noticed the sources, im not so sure anymore.

1 Like

We are indeed bastards who pull stunts.

4 Likes

i saw a chem desk filled with different colored bottles of different shapes and sizes and it looked like a cute as hell alchemist station, too bad this isn’t colonial wizards server.

also I’m really not a fan of the new medkits but it’s w/ever

2 Likes

Those bottles do not fit the setting at all. What crack are people smoking? Can I have some? Must be the premo.

4 Likes

brewing my nefarious potions in chemistry RN #WizardMaxxing #CauldronLife

Yeah, migth have messed up a bit there. But i shall forever be reminded of my cringe from now on.