Spypig23 - Commanding Officer Application

Since we lack testimony from dead pop hours, I am gonna add some. I was playing researcher for the last few days, mostly during dead pop. From researcher perspective I couldn’t see much, but some things I noticed.

Few rounds in a row survivors were very unhappy with the fact Captain was unresponsive to their pleas to give them IFF and access. I also failed to get response when I needed access to OT lab. While annoying, this is mostly understandable due to the fact Murphy likely was the only officer in CiC.

As for commanding abilities, I only can judge from announcements, and I can only say that they were both fun to read and informative. I really liked how Murphy called marines on Shiva “the Snowdivers”. Overall their commanding abilities seem pretty high to me. And I think dead pop deserve a good CO.

3 Likes

Hi, I think I remember the round you’re referring to in particular

I’d like to once again apologise, as I hope I did at the time, for my lack of attentiveness. I do really enjoy survivor RP, and even if all I’m doing is give IFF, I try my hardest to insert some conversation that would make it worth your while

Its a really difficult balance between micromanaging 4 squads to do what I want (since most dont have SLs), keeping the TACMAP updated, answering every little request on squad comms, and dealing with the CL. Sometimes unfortunately things like this slip through the cracks, especially when I dont have an SO, which is becoming more and more common

I really will try to get off my ass a little more with survivors, and thank you for taking the time to both read and reply to my application

3 Likes

Honestly, considering I’m on the lowpop side of CM too, I see Steve Murphy around as XO alot, and in each round, he’s shown competent leadership albeit treating the marines like an army of orphans(teehee), but it also adds to his character. And after reading the thread, I’d say he’s a worthy CO in my eyes. Big +1 from me here!

4 Likes

He shoved me in the fridge. TWICE!! -1

Jokes aside…

I might be a bit biased but I feel like Murphy is exceptionally good at handling CIC and roleplaying. Im confident he would be a great addition to the CO WL. +1

2 Likes

Im here to give my +1.

I see them all the time as XO, or SL. When im an SL/synth, mama murphy always gives out clear orders and doesn’t do the mistake most XO does, mostly insulting marines for dying (which murphy doesnt do). Very solid leadership.

When im XO, as SL murphy always listen to what I ask. Showcasing they ACTUALLY listen to commands and doesn’t play SL for PFC+.

Might sound dumb, but its a big deal compared to most SLs. Murphy handles CiC very well and plays command alot.

For sure a +1 for mama murphy.

3 Likes

may I say that I very much like the interactivity of the story and the premise of the UA actually acting like Space America and Murphy having been part of the Space Contras?
+1.

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to read it!

I kinda modeled the group after the CIA in all honestly (from an Australian perspective that is), having them fund and back Murphy’s little proxy war just to keep the valuable natural resources out of UPP hands

I had a lot of fun making it, but I do intend to rework it once this application has been closed, whatever the outcome

3 Likes

I used to live in GMT + 8 Timezone, and I do recall a lot of times where Steve Murphy has either solo’d CIC or rolled XO. I dont know what to say really since it sounds like im really glazing someone but he’s competent at what he does, and he’s very level headed.

Though, I dont remember anything exceptional, its probably just a limitation of the fact that lowpop doesnt really give much out of the box command oppurtunurity. Im gonna give +1 for competency, level-headness and all around being a fun person to interact with.

3 Likes

Fellow dead pop player here (50-80 player rounds my beloved). I’ve played under Murphy’s leadership often. I can certainly vouch for Murphy’s competence in SL and XO- They’re a great groundside and shipside leader, and a breath of fresh air considering lowpop is often in desperate need of competent leadership.

As I mainly play groundside marine roles, I cannot testify for their RP shipside, but they definitely know what they’re doing, and they’re not much of a hard-ass in terms of ML application.

We have a chronic lack of COs in deadpop, and it’ll be amazing to see Murphy finally make the jump from XO to CO they deserve.

+1

4 Likes

If Basil +1 , Then I will +1, In my experience with Murphys , I always know i’m in the right hands and not some rando XO that will surely end the round in about 30 minutes. We lack alot of dead pop COs…

4 Likes

+1 from me. Played outside of CM and as a person he a great dude to play and get along with. In CM I can say I have never had a bad interaction with him, and your app here is well done and you passed Misti’s questions well. I say you earned the chance to join the CO WL.

4 Likes

Hi there!!

I can still lead 34 battalions while handling appeals, BEing half naked walter white larping MSTs and killing the queen with my mind, I am not burnt out lmao. Irl stuff and being a staff takes most of my time and my energy.

Anyways! I’ve seen you around and I have already shared my opinion about you with the Council and other COs. I think you will do good. As a feedback, I would like to see you louder and I don’t mean spamming announcements or yelling orders around with that! Talk more to the people around you, try to get to know people, and in the meantime, people will get to know you too. I would also like to see more of personality of the character you play, you don’t have to be quirky but some differences would help. At the end of the day, whether you are a Major, a LtCol or a General, people would follow you to a certain point, after a certain point, no one would follow someone they do not trust and do not know, this also goes for the CM. Use leadership roles to interact with people. This is the only advice I can give both before and after you (hopefully) get the CO WL.
:heart:

3 Likes

I cannot recall many interaction with you, but last night I did witness you myself. You were very responsive, Professional, informative, and lead well after Hijack - as an SO mind you. That performance along with your responses in this thread, I can say this is an easy endorse.

+1

3 Likes

-1 thinks nessie is competent

in all seriousness
+1 kino story, was a very nice and easy read
you’re competent and funny
easy to approach too
if you BE me i will take back my +1

3 Likes

Right - The Council has reviewed this application, and here’s what we’ve got to say.

Overall, you’ve got many people vouching for you, and a good amount of people have seen you play, think you’re competent, and believe you have a good story and character. That being said, there were a few reservations the Council had regarding your BEs and some minor things in your story that were addressed by Penpusher - I’d like you to keep that in mind and also to remember that BEs are primarily for two things: for damage control and capital punishment. These will, 9 times out of 10, be the main scenarios in which you’ll need to pull out your gun to handle.

The Council also questioned your application answers as being lacking and vague, though a lot of this has been addressed in Councilor feedback. While it’s not a dealbreaker, we encourage you to look into the feedback given to you as well as make sure to go over the Code of Conduct and iron out any doubts, as well as make sure to act in the best interests of those around you and the operation if you do consider performing a BE, pardon, or other CO-exclusive ability.

Overall though, with everything considered, the Council has still voted in favor of your application and, as a result, having this application be accepted and your promotion request approved.

Congratulations, Major Murphy. Welcome to the CO whitelist!

7 Likes

Added co:approved and removed co:waiting