Starkiller617 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Starkiller617

What is your BYOND key?

Starkiller617

What is your Discord ID?

harbingerofchaos

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

I tend to jump between a couple of characters, those being: Emily ‘Swan’ Norton, Scarlet ‘Chaos’ Seltz and Gabriella A.W. Spears

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

I haven’t Filled out any other whitelists applications before.

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Mato

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Mato is a synthetic humanoid known for her caring and kind nature. She’s incredibly compassionate and always puts others’ well-being first. She’s a protector at heart, making sure those around her are safe and supported. Mato’s curiosity and optimism drive her to learn about different cultures and find positive solutions. She’s adaptable and values growth, always striving to be a better version of herself. Her name “Mato” reflects her goal of fostering unity and understanding among diverse beings.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Mato would probably engage in conversations about their downtime, and what the rank and file have been up to in R&R, when it comes to the Officers and above she would talk to them about, their interests and hobbies, as well as asking if they had any family that they are looking forward to seeing once they get some time off the ship, and time to go back to where they live. Mato, Her self is based off a caring friend or family member to bring a warm personality to the Almayer to help improve the mental health of those aboard, providing someone to talk to and remind them of happier topics they enjoy.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

To me this is a chance to improve my roleplaying, and a way to provide a bit of wholesomeness to the game, which also allows other players to flesh out their characters personalities a little.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

I have had a couple, one with Malcolm and one with Phelan

The one with Malcolm, i was a Xeno, by the prefix OB and the postfix X i was in the hive waiting to Evo, when he was brought in and we just started talking, soon enough and he was explaining to us about the CLF and explaining what they where, as the queen and answering any questions that my self and the other xenos had about the different words he was using such as telling us what CLF stands for and that they where terrorists, and what terrorists where.

The one with Phelan was interesting to say the least, I was playing on Emily ‘Sawn’ Norton at the time, as a comtech, after taking a load of acid damage from spitters and praes while making sure the cade line stayed up long enough for people to back i went down, and Phelan ran over picked me up and ran like the devil was on his back, once back at fob once i was res’d he sat and spoke to me while he was fixing me up, telling me how fucked up i was, afterwards he had finished he had to go treat others, untill the fob was breached and i went down again, and he risked being attacked by the xenos, to grab me and pull me into the ds just as evac happened.

Synthetic Character Story:

Skills:

Engineering:

I have 65.7 hours in all engineering roles.

Command:

I have 32.9 hours in command roles, this including the heads of departments.

Medical:

I have 11.7 hours in total between all medical roles.

Requisitions:

I have 19 hours in total between all req roles, plus some hours on other none req roles in req.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

If the Xeno’s have attacked me and there is no way for the marines or friendly to get to me.

I would only attack them till they leave, the area, once they have left i would quickly make my way to the nearest friendlies, afterwards proceeding to help them with any medical attention they need.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

Nope

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

Nope

Let us know why you were discord banned.

n/a

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

Some of the wording may be a little scuffed, if it is I’m sorry I struggle to write a lot of stuff up because of my dyslexia.

Hello!
I play Malcolm! Thanks for remembering a notable moment! I try to give roleplay to both sides when I am able.

But unfortunately, at present, you have very few hours in support. Your story needs severe work and an overhaul. I also remember seeing you say lol in character chat.

Whitelisted roles, in general, in CM are meant to be for more serious roleplay avenues, and while I DO like the potential hook of a therapist synthetic, this application is not of the quality expected for any whitelist.

This is a -1 from me. I highly suggest withdrawing your app and using the month to play more medical roles and flesh out your story and application. Please speak to the WL councilors before going again, or run this through Grammarly or a friend to peer review it.

You have a neat idea. But it needs a bit more refining.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback on my application and i think ill take your advise for the moment

1 Like

I would like to withdraw my application.

2 Likes

Hey Harbinger_Of_Chaos, thanks for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist!

I see you’ve expressed your desire to withdraw, you can reapply in 30 days :smiley:

I would also like to give you some pointers for you to think about, ontop of what Aces said:

• Think about something that is a passionate subject for you - then try to incorporate it into your Synthetic’s personality. This will make it interesting, fun, and keep its relevance to you. It’ll also help integrate it into everyday gameplay. If you want to go for a therapist approach, go for it! But talk about how your Synthetic’s personality is unique to Mato, as many of the traits you offered (safe, supported, caring, improving) can be applied to almost every Synthetic.
  • The story should include dialogue that not only showcases your ability to RP via writing a story, but most importantly it should demonstrate your Synthetic’s dialogue in gameplay.
  • Medical is indeed the most important role for Synthetics. All Synthetics are more than extremely comfortable with all things medical - triage, surgery, high damage, etc. Research is not important generally.
  • Feel free to elborate as much as you want on your experience answers! You can never say too much and it’ll only help your app.
  • Community/Synthetic vouches for your ability in medical/rp/general competence, etc, is extremely useful to your app too! By playing a lot of medical and RPing often, people will remember you and support you.

ps. Cool memorable interaction!

Remember, you can get feedback and help from WL APP Help, and also check with councilors if you’d like.
Best of luck! :slight_smile: