State of the Server 2023

Dear CM, this is your favorite MT/CE, Archibald V. Cartwright:

Reflecting on this year of CM. MY god it has been a wild time. We had in the words of a admin an “attempted coup”. Morrow, may he rest in peace, is gone. Harry is still the man. I have legitimately no idea who Zonespace is. He does not seem like a bad dude. As according to Inara Mandella, I am an official CM old timer, Happy New Year. Take time to spend with your family and thank God every day for your existence.

Cartwright

13 Likes

Dont forget our boy thwomper may he rest in peace

3 Likes

RIP Warfan, gone too soon

7 Likes

So, as it’s finally 2024, what do you bet will happen to the server to this year? Will the server explode? Will admemes get couped again? Will perfect 50% xeno/marine winrate be achieved, removing all fun the game has? (I actually think the latter will happen)

3 Likes

Dont forget the massive cheating scandal. Community and perma bans from it.

4 Likes

They yeeted me

:dread:

Lost, but not forgotten o7

1 Like

I didnt even hear about this let alone forget it. Details?

2 Likes

Damn shame

1 Like

Morrow is gone? I thought he just went to work on the PvE CM server?

1 Like

There were actually 2! A few months ago a person was reported for hacking. In a video where they were playing predator and fighting a marine, everytime they moved into melee range with the marine they would melee attack.

What was suspicious is that this happened for any target… and in the video as the predator melee attacks a dead xeno multiple times anytime he ran past it while fighting the marine

They promised to fix it if staff wouldnt ban them. When staff banned them they specifically went out of their way to pass it out to as many people as possible.

A hacker discord was found and a shitload of people were permabanned and community banned.

From discord below!

Classic cm!

50rem and Clap were both openly hostile toward my reobtaining the synth whitelist as I was not “serious” enough and “they didnt know they could trust me”. Meanwhile (correction) One was cheating and the other was in a metacomm discord; both were later community banned. Though petty, I laughed my ass off when they were banned and am happy to bring it up every chance I get.

Minor correction.

2 Likes

Pve CM server is totally independent i think they just are downstream of CM code wise that their only link…

2 Likes

Imma shill for Morrow and say that CMPVE is awesome. You guys should try it if you get the chance, or run it on a private server with friends.
cock

4 Likes

I think they’re letting some of the people banned onto the server actually, not certain.

1 Like

Huh? Is the PvE code actually publicly available so people can run it in private servers? 0_o

1 Like

I know strobia has been back for a while, so i think he was just banned for association or he appealed it.

1 Like

He appealed

1 Like

i didn’t know zonespace had gotten involved with CM.

from what i remember he’s decent. never knew him well though.

1 Like

Didn’t even know there was a PvE CM, where can I find it?

1 Like

On the hub?

1 Like