Suggestion for community meetings. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KEEP IT ON TOPIC AND CIVIL!

First order of business. I AM NOT JOKING WHEN I SAY BE CIVIL! THIS SERVER IS HAVING REAL ISSUES!!! SO DON’T BE A JACKWAGON ABOUT IT!
Second, I come bearing gifts of knowledge from a community that this works really well in. Even with the community being a few years old it somehow has refined in that short time, so why can’t a server that is way older do the same?

Now. The way this would work is as follows.

• Real player and staff meetings, not a closed off discussion with people directly involved.
  • Organization, use ways of controlling the masses not just closing it off because it is too much. Use things such as sharing a PowerPoint and giving players and staff turns to talk about issues, like you would in the real world.
  • Take notes, have a plan. Make sure it is well formatted and you will be able to refine the idea and try again, not just a “oh it did not work one time so let’s just not do it again”.
  • Lastly, if people are intently butting in to cause trouble don’t just outright close things or threads, punish that person and move on, keep it on track not on or off.

Now I am going to try to keep this open as you can voice your opinions and ideas. I ask staff to make a thread, or whatever it is called, on the discord to allow for ideas to be organized rather than one big list. I ask of all of you to please keep it civil, even if it seems like someone did something or did not do something, wait until it is clear to denounce them or instead of using it for DRAMA, Report it to the police if you have REAL info. In closing, TALK, reason, explain, talk again, refine, don’t stop, use sense, and most of all, be SMART about it.

I will be posting a poll on this if I can see yall are not just being dumb.

Weather or not to do community meetings
  • Start doing community meetings
  • Do not start doing community meetings
0 voters
6 Likes

No offense, but that fact this is coming from you is hilarious to me.

4 Likes

Okay, then I offer you to make the thread and this one can be deleted if you all wish for me to not be the one shown.

1 Like

I am not saying this as a “do it” I am saying this as a real, if you have an issue I am fine with you putting it out there, it is here to help the community.

1 Like

Yes, ironic.

3 Likes

Opening poll for now.

1 Like

While you are one of the more controversial community members (being an UPP spy, threatening people in LOOC, making bait player reports), the general idea is good. However, for the love of god do not put this onto the discord. Discord seems to encourage people to be shit, get involved in discussions about off-topic stuff, post racist/terrorist/whatever stuff or tell maintainers to kill themselves. Just use the forums.

6 Likes

johannes you forgot to mention uav

2 Likes

I mean that would make sense but with the way the forums work it seems like just one big roll of the same arguing over and over. Maybe if I was to make separate threads with links to this main thread then I could have different categories to avoid it all cluttering together into one hard to read, and tiring to read mess. Also possibly with discord they could do the thing in VCs where you can do priority and the main person could screen share a slideshow highlighting points and even then, the meeting could just be getting basic stuff out there and later people could provide feedback threads on the meetings to allow for more in-depth discussion. I get that discord is chaos but I believe with planning and testing it could be done… maybe

1 Like

This is actually not a bad idea.

Okay, I will release the results early… let’s see what it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would you look at that, maybe we should… @Frozentsbgg I will come out of my vow to help you set this up or run it if you would like. I can also get tips from the community I am in now and relay then to you too if you would like.

1 Like

simon ghost mcshain you are our only hope

1 Like

Having the local softgriefer run this may give it a bad image, but yes, do this already.

1 Like

We live in a weird timeline. I think we have hope. If he can change then anything is possible.

2 Likes