What is your Discord username?

AyyItsLuca

What characters do you play on CM-SS13?

Brett Auman

Are you 16 or older?

Yes

Timezone:

PST

On average, how many hours are you available to moderate in an average week?

~7+

Qualifications:

Do you have previous experience in game or community moderation?

Yes. I was an administrator on Yogstation for 2 years. Ive alwso helped with some of KMC2000’s servers and a few other minor ones.

Provide any links to any previous CM-SS13 whitelist, mentor or staff applications:

N/A

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on CM-SS13?

I think so, but its been so long I honestly cant remember.

Can you actively engage and communicate with the team through Discord?

Yes.

Final Details:

Why would you like to join the CM-SS13 staff team?

Ive been here long enough I figure I can help out. Id like to contribute and I think this is how I can.

What makes you a great addition to Staff? (Experienced Tabletop DM, Aliens Lore Buff, Super Organized, etc.?)

I love to write lore and such. Ive adminned before, and have been playing on the server for about a decade now. I have experience being a DM and running events in the past, and like working with a team.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality of a CM-SS13 staff member?

Patience, as with any admin/moderator. Looking through logs is something that takes patience and being methodical.

Anything else you want to add?

Blame Biolock for giving me this idea. Cheers mate!

1 Like

I’ve not really seen you on Discord and I’m unfamiliar with you in-game, but that is quite normal since I exist in the realm of lowpop.

I’ll just ask some questions for me to gauge how you would act. Obviously if you are accepted, you’ll receive training and guidance on the tools we have to execute our tasks, ergo I’m more interested in your application of the rules and how you justify it even if you miss some nuances.

I’ll refrain from making any comments about your answers unless it is something I really want to point out.

Q1: A Xenomorph player sends an adminhelp stating they have been banished by the Queen for failing to follow her orders, these orders are clarified to be her directing all of the hive to remain inside the absolutely furthest part of the hive, hidden from the Marines, the round has gone for almost 50 minutes at this point.

Q2: A Bravo Marine Smartgunner is operating at the frontline. Bravo squad was given direct orders to remain in the FOB to guard it. Does this warrant your intervention and if so, why?

Q3: You just got gunned down by another Marine as a Marine, there was no justifiable reason for this to occur. You are the only staff member online. What will you do?

Q4: A whitelisted Commander has battlefield executed a human. This execution did not meet any of the criteria to make it a valid battlefield execution and you were ahelped about it by the victim. What would you do?

1 Like

1: Ultimately things shouldnt have gotten to this point. Id likely give a note to the xeno, as they were directly disobeying their superior. If they were that against the queens orders, they shouldve ahelped. Avoiding combat is the queens perogative. I MIGHT push the queen to engage more with the marines, or encourage marines to push into the hive, but as i understand that is not explicitly against the rules.

1. No. I play a lot of Bravo myself, and a smartgunner is of infinitely greater use on the frontline rather then twiddling their thumbs while comtechs build the cades up.

2. Ideally, this situation wouldnt even happen in the first place. If i were the only administrator/staff online, I wouldtn be playing, Id be observing and administrating. However, if this DID happen, id ask another Admin to intervene, as i have bias in this particular ticket, being the victim. Obviously theyve broken the rules and marine law, but its important to maintain a lack of bias in cases and tickets. Depending on the role of the marine and previous offences, ontop of IC punishments (murder is a capital crime, after all.) Id likely note OR ban them depending on previous history of greif.

3. Id see what the particular scenario of the execution was and if the commander has any warnings or is even suspended. BE are a pretty big deal, as preventing a person from playing entirely is a somewhat big deal, in my opnion. Id certainly ask the CO why they executed and if they wre aware it didnt meet the particular criteria. I would also probably send the victim back to the menu, allowing them to rejoin with a new character.

Please let me know what you think, here. Id love to hear how your guys’ administation procedure operates, as sending some back to the menu to respawn isnt really something i had to do in the past with previous servers.

I should mention that rules wise higher ranking Marines, such as the Smartgunner, are OOCly required to follow orders, ergo the Smartgunner in Question 2 would’ve been in breach of the rules if they did not receive permission from CIC to leave the FOB. Your CO answer is also a tricky question since whitelist issues are not something staff generally can resolve unless it is a blatant case of griefing.

There are some other issues with your answers but these are mostly down to interpretation, I can at least tell you are thinking through your responses in a logical manner even if the outcomes are not ideal.

So long as other people can vouch for your conduct I see no reason to not give you a shot as a trial moderator.

+1 I get good vibes from you, I think you’d be decent

Background checks out very positively, and seems to have left on very good standing with the Yog community and staff cohort.

I see no reason this should be rejected.

+1

Since you mentioned yog, I have a question. Yog staffs tend to be banhammer readied, even some of the bans and notes show little effort behind it, will you carry that tradition over CM?

1 Like

You have experience and a pretty good record behind you, +1 from me.

Hey there! Nice to see you’re applying to staff. While I personally don’t know you, you’ve got some good vouches and a decent track record. Before I give my own vote, I’ve got some questions that I’d like to see you answer.

Questions

Question 1: You receive an Ahelp saying “Help! My game is lagging really bad. Is this a me thing, or is everyone else feeling it?”

Question 2: You receive an Ahelp saying “I’m the CMP and 3 people just broke into the brig trying to kill me.”

Question 3: You receive an Ahelp saying “The MPs just arrested me for insubordination because I insulted the SEA. Can you send in provost to set them straight???”

Question 4: While observing, you notice another staff member giving incorrect information in one of their tickets. How would you go about this?

Question 5: You find out that there is an improper mutiny occurring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?

Question 6: The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.

Question 7: You receive an Ahelp saying “There’s this pred HPCing a bunch of marines on the frontline. Do something about it!”

I see you reacting, gamer. ModSquad. But regardless, im not sure if thats how it is nowadays, its been awhile since I was astaff there, a good few years. As I said in my application, the most important part of being an admin is being patient. This applies to all aspects of it. No one likes a ban happy administrator. Though I havent heard about low effort notes. I always made sure to include the reason and the scenario for each note I gave.

1 Like

Sounds good for me +1

Hey! sorry for taking so long on this one. Its been a big week for me outside of CM so i wanted to take my time with these and read the rules.

1. Well, is something big happening? Id either respond with “the entire servers lagging! ill see what I can do, but it might just be something we wait until next round for.” or, if it is only them? “Try reconnecting or restarting BYOND. you might be playing with an out of date version, so make sure your version is up to date!”

2. Well obviously this is breaking marine law, but part of me is asking why the marines are doing this. USUALLY, despite the joking and general dislike of the CMP, people arent trying to murder him. Obviously hes good to arrest them, charge them wit hattempted murder and sedition, but id ahelp the marines and check the logs to get the full story. Regardless of the scenario id note the marines for trying to “stop” the CMP from whatever it was they were doing, but if the CMP was being an abusive ass id tell him to knock it off or even consider disciplinary action if he was breaking rules.

3. Again, context. what does “insult” mean? Did he say his hat was whack or did he threaten to murder him or the rest of his family for cutting in front of him in line at the canteen? If he had insulted him by threatening his life, im fine with the insubordination charge. If not, perhaps a provost would be appropriate because if the SEA (someone who should know better) is enforcing marine law over something so minor, perhaps a good talking to is in order.

4. I never interfere with tickets in process unless explicitly asked too. However, after the fact, in asay, id go something along the lines of “hey, i think you missed this part of the ticket: " or so on. If its just explicitly incorrect rulings, id say in asay something like "btw, the rules actually say that :” though personal interpretation of rules is a thing, we dont want someone banned for no reason.

5. Whats improper? For this scenario ill assume theres a commanding officer and the mutiny never picked a leader and therefor never ahelped. Id ping the person who i figured was likely leading and tell them “hey, you never got clearance for a mutiny, if you go through with this, you are breaking the rules and everyone will be disciplined. You can still request to perform a mutiny, it isnt too late.” Whether or not i grant them permission to mutiny is ultimately not the point here, its that things got this far without intervention. Ideally I wouldve gotten to this beforehand, and not let things get as far as to letting an improper mutiny muster to prepare to assault the bridge.

6. No issue. as stated in the rules, EORG does not apply to factions that are enemies, in this case a hostile CLF applies to that.

7. This predator is obviously breaching the honor code here, but as stated earlier in this thread whitelist stuff isnt something a staff member can generally resolve without it being explicit griefing. If the predator is just taking potshots with a lethal plasma gun at marines at the frontline, that MIGHT apply here, but either way this is an obvious violation of the predator honor code and id ping the predator askign whats going on. If its bad enough that theyre merking a ton of marines i might even freeze their character or put them to sleep to prevent further grief. Id hear what they had to say (predators do need to whitelist to play, so this person should know what theyre doing ideally) and hear what their reasoning is. Again, this is a pretty big deal, so id note them and recommend a warning or some such for the whitelist council.

Please let me know about my enforcement here. Predator honor code is still something im trying to fully understand, and a couple of these questions were intentionally tricky. I look forward to hearing feedback!

1 Like