Tent for the Mess Technician, good or bad?

What if the MST got a tent they could deploy like the general tent, the USMC CIC tent and the medical tent?

It’d have a microwave, food processor, a fridge with basic ingredients, a grinder and a small table serving area for food.

A lot of MSTs love to deploy and set up their own small areas with just tables and food, do you think it’d be a good addition or just clutter in the FOB?

12 Likes

I think requiring an engie to set up a generstor to power it would be awesome

2 Likes

Superb idea, dragging all the equipment down is a pain

3 Likes

It’s always funny to see an CT/MST dragging kitchen appliances to the Alamo to their little fort down on the FOB.

Mobile mess kitchen tent seems like perfectly fine roleplay though.

Tents are awful, period. Drag a storage solutions crate down and a microwave so at least it can be shot through.

Give mess his own van, same gimmick with Reqs foxhole PR long ago. But instead you now have to deploy the kitchen from the van using a built in hook.

Yeah a field kitchen would be nice, but also tents are indeed dogshit. I swear to god the people who set them up are xenoagents who intentionally put them in the worst spot possible. I wished tents could be taken down and moved somewhere else…

1 Like

God yes. I remember an MST taking over the APC one round and having a mobile kitchen at the front. Was amazing.
But i dont think a kitchen tent would be the best. The tents are mainly there to help organize some of the FOB.
And im not sure that would be the best for the MST. Rather give him some mobile kitchen. Real militarys have proper mobile kitchens, so give the MST there well deserved food truck. I want street food when im deployd.

1 Like

it can be a tent machine, like how the req tent has a vendor in it

Im not sure how you’d fit a microwave in a vendor personally

also another addition is that the equipment in the tent could work without power like how the equipment does in other tents (or just have portable versions like the dialyses)

another benefit for the tent, as power can be problematic in some FOBs

Make a MST car/APC, like a taco truck, so they car ride around giving food, it would make for a funny event, like Suoto man (how do your write suoto?)

I doubt we’ll get a tent added for MST, let alone a truck, all though it’s definitely a neat idea but it might be unbalanced for some, sort of like how the colony van can be according to some

that or it could just be xenocord coping

it could be used for very broken things, yes ;-;

PS (xenocord just mad we get a taco truck and they don’t)

But back to the tent idea, I have seen MST’s use other tents just fine, and in some FOB’s (like LZ2 in solaris) adding another tent could just make it hard to move around so I honestly don’t think it is necesary.

I mean, Large tent already does that job

Its more of an equipment supplement to aid chefs in not having to pack up all of their equipment, ingredients, ect and take all that time to do so and not lose said equipment if the FOB has to be left for whatever reason

It helps doctors and command not have to pack certain items (but they can anyways if they want the extra utility, same regards for chefs if they got a tent)

1 Like

It would be a nice improvement over the general tent, and easier to facilitate than moving equipment, but both have their charms.

1 Like

The problem with tents is just most FOBs are already cramped due to how expensive metal is currently. You already have the DS and on a normal map like LV Robotics LZ, there’s not a lot of room to put anything else. The only useful tent is the medical one, the rest are very niche or just there for soul. I really like tents and want the FOB to feel like an actual FOB, but right now it’s just not it.

A kitchen tent would be a fun way for marines to rp at rounds end. Just cleared out a hive but don’t want to return to Alamo? Just go to the chefs tent and get some drinks!

Honestly, even the medical tent feels useless to me, and I hate working in it. I only bring it to help marines identify where FOB surg is.