The Memorial Slab Hold - memorial should give a hold-order buff

Dozens of your brothers and sisters have died on the planet.

All is lost.

The only memory left of them now, are the dogtags of those fallen, and those who came before - seated honorably in the memorial slab.

And now the xenomorphs have come to take that from you.

A hold of the Memorial is ordered. Semper Fi, Marine. Hold until the last man!

(The Memorial Room should give a hold order buff)

Also Tsunamico had a good suggestion where it scales w/ the amount of dogtags recovered

11 Likes

While I love the concept, things like the JIMA flag where they’re repeatedly applying AOE buffs can cause major lag issues so I don’t see it being particularly practical.

do or die

Evac is for cowards

+1

9 Likes

there’s plenty of ways around this using signals and proximity sensing datums, i wouldn’t worry about the practicality (as long as whoever’s doing it doesn’t mind a long ride)

4 Likes

i love the idea. implementing can be done easily by adding an flag object with another sprite and modify it’s code a bit?
second idea could be that the more dog tag you add to the memorial the more powerful it get…
increasing it’s range and power…

2 Likes

me want new meta hold place (add this NOW!!!)

You will hold Lifeboats

3 Likes

Hold until relieved or death marines.

I love holding this area, it should have the battle flag buffs for sure.

2 Likes

Immediate +1!

This needs to be added, we have forgotten to put marine tags on the slab!

I remember 2-3 years ago, that every round end had like 20+ names on that slab, where did they all go? :cry:

2 Likes

Make it so the more tags are into it, the better the buff, albeit with a cap.

I think it’s just because dogtags are so easily lost when a body is transported shipside and to the morgue. It will undoubtedly get looted groundside by PFCs, who may or may not know what the tag does and just throw it away as garbage. If it passes that filter, then it goes to doctor or other shipside personnel, who ALSO may not know what it does and then throw it away, or if they do, then maybe they get too busy and forget to put the name tag onto the slab.

Point is, tags are really inconsequential and thus it is very easy to not know or forget what to do with them.

1 Like