TheGamer01 - Synthetic Application

Hello stalkerino!

1. Noted, first line is a bit corny, I’d admit.

2. Interesting, I wouldn’t know. None of the councillors commented on it.

3. If we’re strictly talking a short post-treatment quip an example could be:
    “Patched up, frontier style. Minus our excellent medbays.”
    You could make variations on this, emphasising how excellent colonial facilities are, or you could perhaps compare USCM comradery to colonial comradery:
    “All better. No man left behind, just like the colonies.”

If we’re talking full-on conversation it could be handled in numerous ways, an example:
Benjamin: “All patched up private, watch that wound.”
Marine: “Is this going to leave a scar?”
Benjamin: “Wouldn’t leave a scar with a colony medbay, but out here… Hopefully not.”
Another:
Benjamin: “Good to go marine!”
Marine: “Argh, I feel like shit…”
Benjamin: *chuckle, "Looking for change? I know of a nice beach colony when this is all over. "

It of course lends itself more to environmental comments and pre-drop conversation. Things such as “Even the prisoners live in style on the frontier.” for Fiorina, “Lavish dorms, standard-issue.” on LV and so on. Basically limitless comments when it comes to the groundside installation.

ADDENDUM: Maybe, maybe not. It’s not meant to be out-right W-Y advertising, so I’d imagine they’d turn a blind eye. If you wanted it could be explained away IC’ly with a multitude of reasons, ie. “It’s all we could get and it works fine and doesn’t insult the marines”, “W-Y gave us a discount to soothe the… talkative nature of this unit.”

1. Noted.

RE roleplay: I sadly don’t recall having the pleasure of interacting with Vu Thuc or Amira either. :frowning: Perhaps we can change this :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

The answers are good, and maybe it was old policy or something that got abandoned I suppose - I’ll leave it to the council to confirm or deny.
Oneliners is mostly what you’ll be doing sadly nowadays, aside from rare situations where you’re able to converse. Thanks for answering the questions.

2 Likes

Hey TheGamer01 and thanks for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist!

The personality proposed for Benjamin is one I really like! That’s because Colony RP is the hidden gem of CM, it is an absolute blast and something I always encourage. I think that with the context of Benjamin’s purpose and design, the personality is a realistic fit for our universe and has the potential to be one of the best quirks ingame.

The motivations you had for becoming a Synthetic were very promising. You give us high hopes for what kind of RP you’ll bring to the table!

Your story was quite good. I’m a huge fan of the dialogue and it perfectly encapsulated the listed personality. I think that it showcases how Benjamin would certainly mesh well with gameplay ingame. The interactions people of various positions and situations was an excellent choice for writing. Your story also gave a nice insight into the capabilities you have for making a solid foundation for RP to be built off of, and your worldbuilding skills.

The experience answers you gave are pretty good. Even though you’re a whitelisted CO I would have liked to see you elaborate more, but I digress.

The combat answers provided are generally correct, and your understanding of the general programming is correct. The question asks you to provide scenarios where you can perform combat in, and although the CLF example is correct - its also quite uncommon. I like that you showed how Benjamin would specifically react to that situation, in any case. The second example with the warrior was good, but it did not show how you could conduct combat - nevertheless it is correct and you did demonstrate an understanding of Synthetic Programming here.

During our observations we found you to be mechanically competent in relevant roles, you were particularly frequent in command and combat medical positions.

Vouches from both Synthetics and the community are very good and I liked your responses to Stalkerino. I should add that while the USCM doesn’t want second grade or refurbished Synthetics, there are dozens if not hundreds or thousands of a single type of Synthetic model. Although your model in the story’s introductory interview is damaged and has memory corruption, it does and should not mean that the Benjamin on USS Almayer will too, be damaged.

Additionally - although you may find your first rounds quite busy, you’ll definitely find time to RP between lapses in combat, especially during surgeries with patients. Since you are going to be a colony-specialized model, I hope that you will try out Synthetic Survivor and have a taste of the amazing RP that can be offered by that role - so long as you survive the initial encounter.

Overall, the app and vouches were great. We wish to see more roleplay from you - more specifically, Benjamin. This application is accepted.

So, we hope to see an undamaged Benjamin model on the USS Almayer soon!
Welcome aboard! :mechanical_arm:

3 Likes

Added synth:approved and removed synth:waiting