Round ID:

Your character name:

Damien ‘Drambuie’ Tycus

Their BYOND key:

segrain

What are you reporting?:

Malicious Intent

Description of the incident:

while assisting doctors to perform a chemical recipe for ‘thermite’ and deploying and using said chemicals as a alternative to wall breaking. i receive a Admin PM for not taking Roleplaying Standards and questioned this. I was in a dangerous zone while receiving these PM’s as was not in optimal path of escape to a safer area to continue and ultimately ended my gameplay with my in game character perishing.
I believe my standards of RP were upheld as IO’s are trained with certain fields and expertise and demolition. chemical composition included without the knowledge to use certain medical equipment. i feel that this was a malicious intent to disrupt my gameplay by telling me i failed roleplay in a LRP game. if i knew that within the last 3 months that Roleplay standards would be enforced so strictly and made this game a HRP i wouldnt have made this report.

Evidence:

unable to apply photos or videos as it disconnects me from my game. i do have the admin record

Recorded - roleplaying standards. As IO, was giving in character instructions on the exact specifics of a chemical recipe. by segrain (Maintainer) on 2024-03-27 08:25:10 (ID: 21487)

No where does it state in the HUMAN ROLEPLAY STANDARDS that Intelligence officers do not know chemical recipes and in fact skillset is not correct as they do have medical training at a Medic level.

and in fact that this is should have not been recorded as ROLEPLAY STANDARDS and would be considered a Rule 6 as it Falls within a METACOMMUNICATION if one wants to be technical. it pains me that i get notes for ‘stepping out of line’ but when i try to experiment with new ways of playing and testing new stuff out and getting a note when i want to do something different other then the ‘META-MARINE-BUILDs’… sucks that i just want to play different.

5 Likes

Added report:needverdict and removed report:pendinglogs

As to the specifics of malicious intent, looking at this and the logs I can’t say that there was any scenario where Segrain set out to get you maliciously. Meta knowledge across jobs absolutely is a thing you can meta and so there’s no nitpicking of rules here. In fact I’d even go so far as to say that since RP Standards is lower in severity than Metagaming, he more or less did you a favor by choosing the lower severity rule to enforce.

FWIW I was curious if you had people hounding you in your notes for trying non-meta things and I have to say that I’m at a loss here. Your most recent two notes are about being out of the hive as a larva almost a year ago…

With all that in mind, I’m denying this report as I see zero maliciousness in Segrain’s choices here.

Added report:denied and removed report:needverdict