Your character name:

Garlic Iddleson

Their BYOND key:

Steelpoint

What are you reporting?:

Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:

Hi!

Was CL, was kidnapped by an MT early in the round. I agreed to this kidnap in LOOC and we had some funny RP going on with the MT trying to steal my money.

MT was Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer.

Christian briefly fired lethals during the CMP attempting to arrest him mid-kidnap and I BELIEVE also murdered the CMP a bit later, for context, but I didn’t see the murder.

Christian escaped. CMP was incredibly incompetent in arresting him so I decided to handle it myself afterwards to reclaim my honour. I called the MT to have a ‘duel’ with me in the boxing ring. We were just going to spar in the ring.

CMP came in halfway through and wordlessly flashbanged the pair of us. When I came to, both of them were gone. I chased after the both of them and demanded Christian be released for the duel. CMP entirely ignored me as he was dragging Christian off, walked into the brig, shut the door and told me to leave. I climbed in through a dismantled window, ran in, demanded he be released again. When he just told me to leave again, I pulled my stun gun and put the CMP down on the ground, cuffed him and chaired him. I dragged Christian away and we left via the window.

CMP got loose, chased us. I fired my stungun a couple more times, to which the CMP immediately pulled lethals and killed both of us. I ahelped that, because we were on Blue and I had not used lethal force on him at any point and Christian was unarmed. Steelpoint decided to not only ignore the CMP but also noted me for rule 10, ‘Lethal Force’, for improper escalation.

Nowhere within rule 10 is anything said about stun weapons. The CMP repeatedly ignored me demanding a release (not saying that’s wrong rules-wise, but a response would have been nice at the very least) and just continued silently walking away from me. I did not use lethal force at any point during the fight, and it was the CMP that improperly escalated against an unarmoured CL wielding a stun gun on Blue alert. I was revived, healed and was being perma-brigged, so the entire Jailbreak was handled IC. I have used my stun gun as the first step to escape multiple times before and have never had any admin contact whatsoever.

Escalation goes Fists, Knives, Lethal firearms/chemicals. Stun guns deal no damage (AFAIK) and takes forever to actually down people with, the same as fists. I’d probably have been just as effective if I tackled and tabled him lmao. It does no damage and the CMP could have easily put me down with a single flash/pepperspray if he wasn’t, like, really really bad.

Steelpoint also decided to OOCly cancel the W-Y PMC detachment I had organised via faxes on the XO’s request as a result, which mostly just seemed spiteful.

TL;DR - I did not improperly escalate and was in fact improperly escalated upon. I was trying to have a fun bit of RP with the MT who was clearly good intentioned, checking in LOOC before messing with me, etc. I also think the cancelling of the PMC division was just unnecessary when it was sent at the request of the XO. I don’t think I deserve a note for witnessing the CMP’s extreme incompetence during the initial arrest and so wanting to handle the situation mano-e-mano in the boxing ring, and freeing Christian to do so.

Evidence:

No evidence. I ghosted, quit the game for a bit. Upon my return I had to fix chat, so everything within is gone. Will need logs for anything here.

3 Likes

Will reply once the round has concluded, as it is still in progress

Oh, sorry. I thought the round had ended, brainfart.

You broke into the brig, you demanded the release of a prisoner you had no rights over, you then shot the CMP with a less than lethal firearm. As far as I was concerned you broke escalation, I do not blame the CMP for their lethal force response when they start taking fire, especially when they were detaining someone who had already gunned them down earlier that round. As far as the CMP may be concerned, you were working with the person who murdered them.

Edit: Also, for extended note, I did not authorize the deployment of a PMC detachment, I sent faxes to the CL, the XO and even the Xenos (via QM) stating that a WY warship would arrive in 12 hours, it was fluff, not a event. I wasn’t withholding anything.

I probably overwrote so I’ll clarify as most of the post was just context in absence of evidence.

I am contesting the note. I was noted for improper escalation, I did not improperly escalate. Rule 10 is specifically called lethal force, a stun gun is not lethal and is not mentioned anywhere in the rule. No escalation steps were skipped and I gave the CMP multiple chances to respond to me.

My comments about the CMP are purely to say he got away with nothing for firing lethals at people using non-lethals on Blue, but I got noted for using a non-lethal sidearm that doesn’t come into the escalation process and he immediately recovered from.

And I just misunderstood your comments in dsay about the PMCs, then.

2 Likes

The stun gun you gain access to is a less than lethal weapon, meaning its still a lethal weapon.

That’s not stated whatsoever in the rules and it’s extremely unfair to apply this here.

Rule 10 is called Lethal Force. I did 0 (or extremely minimal) damage to the CMP, stunned and cuffed and then left. I did less physical damage than it would have dealt to punch him, if any.

It just feels like an extremely unfair note for something so harmless, especially when I need to be a literal mind reader to know it’s an issue seeing as there’s nothing about the stun gun in rule 10. I didn’t ‘skip escalation’ to murder him, which is what the rule is actually about. It is a stun gun, therefore is logically non-lethal, therefore reasonably on the same level as punching someone.

4 Likes

Hey there! Alright, so this situation was a bit messy and required me to pull so many things. Therefore, I tried to cut the roleplay part to stay on point.

Please feel free contact me on Discord if there is anything missing or wrong!

CL Garlic and MT Christian was roleplaying casually, then MT asks on LOOC.

OOC: (LOCAL) Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer/ : OK
OOC: (LOCAL) Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer/ : I’m morally obliged to ask this
OOC: (LOCAL) Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer/ : Are you alright with me doing what can be described as
OOC: (LOCAL) Garlic Iddleson/TheSheerAudacity : YES
OOC: (LOCAL) Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer/ : “A little trolling”
OOC: (LOCAL) Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer/ : OK, you’re cool with it?
OOC: (LOCAL) Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer/ : Sick
OOC: (LOCAL) Garlic Iddleson/TheSheerAudacity : wait nonononononononowait no no fuck wai no not t a trolling no pleaese
OOC: (LOCAL) Garlic Iddleson/TheSheerAudacity : yes

After the conversation on LOOC, MT detains the CL and they talk about money, I cut the roleplay part.

SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [Almayer]: Mr CL, I believe there’s a hole in your Bedroom. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [Almayer]: You best check that out. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [Almayer]: What?! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [Almayer]: My bathroom has a leak?! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
ATTACK: /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) attempted to handcuff TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson) in the Corporate Liaison Office
ATTACK: /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) used a chemicals to spray TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson) with chemicals (REAGENT: Condensed Capsaicin)
ATTACK: /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) grabbed TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson) in the Corporate Liaison Office
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [1]: I’m trying to rob the CL here. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [Almayer]: OW. (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [1]: BOOM. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
EMOTE: Garlic Iddleson/TheSheerAudacity : screams!
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [1]: KIDNAPPED. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [1]: WHERE’S THE MONEY? (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: I am being kidnapped for my business knowledge! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: This is most unfair! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)

CMP arrives to CL's office, then MT shoves the CMP and they start to fight.

ATTACK: /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) disarmed /(Conner Scott) in the Corporate Liaison Office.
ATTACK: /(Conner Scott) used a chemicals to spray /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) with chemicals.
ATTACK: /(Conner Scott) stunned /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) with the the stunbaton in the Corporate Liaison Office
ATTACK: /(Conner Scott) attempted to handcuff /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) in the Corporate Liaison Office
ATTACK: /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) disarmed /(Conner Scott) in the Corporate Liaison Office
ATTACK: /(Conner Scott) stunned /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) with the the stunbaton in the Corporate Liaison Office
ATTACK: /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) disarmed /(Conner Scott) in the Corporate Liaison Office
ATTACK: /(Conner Scott) stunned TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson) with the the stunbaton in the Corporate Liaison Office
ATTACK: /(Conner Scott) grabbed /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) in the Corporate Liaison Office
ATTACK: /(Conner Scott) stunned TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson) with the the stunbaton in the Corporate Liaison Office
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: The incompetence of the Military Police is shocking! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: Good lord, the Almayer is underfunded! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: Thank you, good Sir! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Conner Scott [1]: Sadly your body kept blocking me (CKEY: ) (JOB: Chief MP)
SAY: (Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) [Almayer]: CMP, set your taser to ‘free’. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: HM! What a scoundrel! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: (Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) [Almayer]: Anyway, YOU’RE NOT GETTING ME THIS TIME! (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: (Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) [Almayer]: NO-ONE captures Mr Capitalism. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)

CMP asks for Blue Alert.

SAY: Conner Scott [Command]: XO, blue alert (CKEY: ) (JOB: Chief MP)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [Almayer]: I have been assaulted by John Money, XO! I am coming to the CIC now, but I demand he be arrested immediately! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Conner Scott [Command]: We have an MT guilty of tresspass, illegal confinement, assault, theft (CKEY: ) (JOB: Chief MP)
SAY: Conner Scott [1]: We have an MT gone rogue (CKEY: ) (JOB: Chief MP)

After a couple of minutes, CMP finds and shoots the MT. CMP dies.

ATTACK: /(Conner Scott) shot /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) with an armor-piercing pistol bullet in North West Lifeboat Fuel Pump
ATTACK: /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) shot /(Conner Scott) with a high-velocity submachinegun bullet in North West Lifeboat Fuel Pump
ATTACK: /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) shot /(Conner Scott) with a high-velocity submachinegun bullet in North West Lifeboat Fuel Pump
ATTACK: The high-velocity submachinegun bullet, fired by /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer), narrowly missed /(Conner Scott)
ATTACK: /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) shot /(Conner Scott) with a high-velocity submachinegun bullet in North West Lifeboat Fuel Pump x10
ATTACK: ///DEAD/// - /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) shot /(Conner Scott) with a high-velocity submachinegun bullet in North West Lifeboat Fuel Pump

SAY: (Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) [1]: HOLY SHIT. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: (Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) [Almayer]: CMP needs a medic, CIC hallway. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: (Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) [Almayer]: OK, HE SHOT ME. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: (Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) [Almayer]: Let me make that clear. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [Almayer]: Need a Doctor to Lower-Medbay ASAP. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [Almayer]: OK, he shot me. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [Almayer]: I brought him to medbay, so we’re even. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)

Conversation between CMP and MT on comms after CMP wakes up. CMP wants the MT for; Murder, Kidnapping, Theft and Endangering the crew(?).

SAY: Conner Scott : Chris Vaneer is a threat to the ship and its crew (CKEY: ) (JOB: Chief MP)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [Almayer]: Bad for business? I would say that you are a POOR BUSINESSMAN. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [Almayer]: That’s where all the real money is. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Conner Scott [General]: Vanleer, you are getting perma brigged for this shit (CKEY: ) (JOB: Chief MP)
SAY: Conner Scott [General]: The only question is whether or not I execute your sorry ass (CKEY: ) (JOB: Chief MP)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [Almayer]: Mr. Money! You think I need to take business advice from you?! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: He kidnapped me! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Conner Scott [1]: I know (CKEY: ) (JOB: Chief MP)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [Almayer]: Sorry about that, CMP, I didn’t intend to kill you, just wound you. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Conner Scott [1]: SO, Murder Kidnapping, Theft, Endangering crew (CKEY: ) (JOB: Chief MP)

CL offers a duel to MT.

SAY: Garlic Iddleson [Almayer]: Then you shall meet me at Dawn and we shall duel, you simpleton! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [Almayer]: Capitalism versus Money. (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [Almayer]: Hmm, an interesting proposal. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [Almayer]: Mr. Money, I am waiting for you! I shall bludgeon you with Mr. Weyland’s book of business! I shall drown you in nickels! I shall rend your flesh with my sharp business acumen! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [Almayer]: Those are fighting words, Mr. Iddleson. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [Almayer]: I can only wish you luck… (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [Almayer]: OK, I’m willing to duel, on the condition it is done groundside. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: Jolly good! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: I am well! I have my sidearm! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [Almayer]: Nay! You shall duel me aboard this vessel! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [Almayer]: This statue to Capitalist ventures! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [Almayer]: The question is where, Mr. Iddleson? (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [Almayer]: This is to the death, naturally. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [Almayer]: Wait, why don’t we just use pepperspray? The weapon of true Executives. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [Almayer]: A jolly good suggestion- (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: Come! We shall settle this like men away from the prying eyes of those foolish Military Police! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [1]: Mhmm, very much so. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: Jolly good! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)

CMP shows up and flashbangs the duel, and detains the MT.

ATTACK: /(Conner Scott) primed a grenade (flashbang) in the Gym.
ATTACK: /(Conner Scott) attempted to handcuff /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) in the Gym
ATTACK: /(Conner Scott) grabbed /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) in the Gym.
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [1]: OUR DUEL! (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [Whisper]: You insult my honour, CMP!. (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Conner Scott [1]: Cancled (CKEY: ) (JOB: Chief MP)
SAY: Garlic Iddleson [Whisper]: You bastard! (CKEY: TheSheerAudacity) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [Almayer]: Mr. Iddleson! We are not finished! (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)

CL shoots the CMP with stun pistol in Brig.

SAY: Conner Scott [1]: Out of the bri (CKEY: ) (JOB: Chief MP)
ATTACK: TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson) shot /(Conner Scott) with a stun pistol bullet in the Brig Processing and Holding
ATTACK: The stun pistol bullet, fired by TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson), narrowly missed /(Conner Scott)
ATTACK: TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson) shot /(Conner Scott) with a stun pistol bullet in the Brig Processing and Holding
ATTACK: TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson) shot /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) with a stun pistol bullet in the Brig Processing and Holding
ATTACK: The stun pistol bullet, fired by TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson), narrowly missed /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer)
ATTACK: The stun pistol bullet, fired by TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson), narrowly missed /(Conner Scott)
ATTACK: TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson) shot /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer) with a stun pistol bullet in the Brig Processing and Holding
ATTACK: The stun pistol bullet, fired by TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson), narrowly missed /(Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer)

SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [1]: Y-------------- (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Conner Scott [General]: C-C-CL MURDERIN ME! (CKEY: ) (JOB: Chief MP)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [1]: Y-YES, M-MR I-IDDLESON. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Christian ‘Dutch’ Vanleer [1]: TH-THIS W-WAY. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Maintenance Technician)
SAY: Conner Scott [General]: CL is a criminal too (CKEY: ) (JOB: Chief MP)
SAY: Conner Scott [General]: Wonderful (CKEY: ) (JOB: Chief MP)

ATTACK: TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson) shot /(Conner Scott) with a stun pistol bullet in the Brig Processing and Holding x3
ATTACK: TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson) attempted to handcuff /(Conner Scott) in the Brig Processing and Holding
ATTACK: TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson) grabbed /(Conner Scott) in the Brig Processing and Holding

Steelpoint
TheSheerAudacity

Admin PMs between Steelpoint and TheSheerAudacity.

ADMIN: PM: Steelpoint/()->TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson): What exactly happened?

ADMIN: PM: TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson)->Steelpoint/(): Jumped into the brig to try and grab Vanleer, wanted to box with him. We’d arranged a duel over an earlier kidnapping. I stun gunned the CMP and cuffed him, told him he could take Vanleer once the duel was finished. CMP just ran up with lethals when he was uncuffed and instantly gunned us both down to death, lol.

ADMIN: PM: Steelpoint/()->TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson): You stunned the CMP, and then wondered why they attacked you?

ADMIN: PM: Steelpoint/()->TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson): In fact, that would be improper escalation

ADMIN: PM: TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson)->Steelpoint/(): Law says lethal force should only be used against people who have used a lethal weapon against law enforcement, right? I fired a stungun, he should have just detained us with non-lethals.

ADMIN: PM: Steelpoint/()->TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson): Your still bound by server rules, and I won’t fault the CMP for acting as he did when he is being shot at

ADMIN: PM: TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson)->Steelpoint/(): I’m not bothered, I mostly just wanted to point it out. Was a bit dumb of him to just immediately jump to lethals over a bit of fun.

ADMIN: PM: Steelpoint/()->TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson): I’ll be noting you for a Rule 10 breach. I also suspect the PMCs won’t be arriving any time soon.

ADMIN: PM: SteelpointTheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson): Your not a MP ergo I do not consider you covered as you were not applying these tools in a law enforcement capacity. If you believe I have mis-applied this rule, please file a staff report.

Ticket resolved.

Steelpoint's note for TheSheerAudacity's action.

Steelpoint has edited TheSheerAudacity’s Admin notes: Note | Rule 10 Lethal Force | Player entered the brig as the CL, demanded the release of a MT, then fired their stun gun at the CMP without provocation outside of the CMP refusing the request. Told the player to observe escalation rules.

Added report:needverdict and removed report:pendinglogs

Heya! I’m going to apologize for this report sitting for a while. I honestly should have gotten to it sooner.

I’ve looked over the logs and I think its worth clearing up some misconceptions here.
When you start using the rubber bullets as CL you sort of become free game for people to start shooting at you with their own lethal weapons. They have basically 0 way of telling the difference between rubber bullets and real bullets since they are identical in every way besides the damage/stun effect that they apply.
So that means that the CMP shooting at you with their lethal weapons is 100% justified and allowed.

When it comes to where the rubber bullets and ES-4 fall in regards to escalating in the past we’ve stuck with the ruling that it falls into the first category of escalation. Similar to MP tools where the stun baton, pepper spray, flash, etc. fall into the first category also.
I’m going to stick with that ruling so I don’t think that you broke any escalation rules here.

I do think that the situation turns into something maybe a bit too silly. Most of the RP I can get behind but going into brig to free your kidnapper/extorter by shooting one of the highest ranking officers on your ship seems questionable at best. If your character was dissatisfied with how the MP was getting treated pestering the XO/CO about it or trying to get some sort of W-Y “Extrajudicial Solution” would seem more fitting.
I’m droning on a bit. I feel like its a borderline rulebreak but I’ll be giving you the benefit of the doubt and won’t consider it a Rule 2 rulebreak.

As for the actual resolution of the staff report. I’m going to be accepting this staff report and I’ll be removing the note. I’m also going to point the distinction between lethal weapons and the rubber bullets out to @Steelpoint but since its such an easy mistake to make I won’t be taking any more action besides that.

Added report:approved and removed report:needverdict