Thespy24574 - Commanding Officer Application

Been putting off responding for too long already, and promised you I’d get to it today, so here we go.

Now first and foremost, we do still have to acknowledge the hours. This is probably the biggest knock against you. I gave Tsunamico a lot of shit on his app for the low hour counts, and they’ve somehow got you beaten out here.

That being said, I’ve enjoyed every single round I’ve had with you as XO, and I’ve also heard a lot of good things from people whose opinions I hold very highly, and fact of the matter is, quite simply, I like you. Thats about as wishy washy as criteria can possibly get, but the secret of all this WL application shit, is that whether or not we like you is the pretty much the only thing that truly matters at the end of the day.

Smarter people than me have already, and will continue to comment on the details of your application. I like your answers well enough, and we’ve already talked a bit about ML and the questions Crimson has asked, figure that ground is covered.

Last piece of advice is a few weakness I and others have seen that you should keep an eye out for. Spelling errors, and tunnel focus. You need to be able to react to everything in CIC, and while you’re allowed some leeway, you can just sit on one helmet cam for 10 minutes. The spelling stuff I went into more detail with you already, I won’t waste time by repeating it.

Still, I think you’ve got what it takes, and while I admit I don’t quite expect this application to get accepted, I think there’s no doubt you’ll have the CO WL soon enough.

I’m happy to put down my +1, and I wish you all the best with this!

1 Like

Honestly I didn’t expect you to hold me in such high regard. But I will accept what is given to me. Yes my spelling isn’t the great (I think to fast and can’t keep up with what my mind wants to type and it wont go away anytime soon), but the topic about tunnel vision I began to mend. Recently I been focusing more on my SOs and shipside rather than just tunneling on the ground fight.

With my many applications and all of them being denied, I hope for the future CO applications and even possibly other types of applications to finally take the final step away from overthinking that community will throw them out for not being up to snuff, and there’s a lot of them that I seen that could be excellent commanders that could be on par (given time and practice) with you and possibly even windhealer. With that being said this was an awesome ride to go though. Hope this application inspires others to do the same.

Hope to see you in the Bubble soon. :saluting_face:

2 Likes

Hello! Welcome aboard the application train!

Heres some questions i’d like to see you answer, if possible!

1.) CO’s currently have the ability to modify SOP. What would be some changes you’d do to a round?

2.) What is the current state of CIC command to you (Roles, ranks, Operations, etc), and would there be any changes at all you’d like to see? Or anything you’d like fixed, removed, etc.

1 Like

I got a few things to say but ultimately not much.

My response to #1

In my own opinion I would not really change much SOP wise unless there’s a specific reason/request by CMP, CMO, CE, or the XO. Short and simple answer all considered

Response to #2:

In my own opinion there needs to be a bit more that Command can do (mechanically, maybe like a certain password to access a computer or something to create a higher degree of realism). Other than mechanics I would like to see a Command Adviser (like CL or SEA but that’s a command focused help or advisory role, maybe allow them access to certain abilities or alternative mechanics assigned to only them?).

Other than what I suggested I have no other qualms or issues with current state of command or CIC.

2 Likes

You know. I’ve spent around five days watching you. You’ve earned my +1. You got the RP chops and the common sense to do well. I wish you the best of luck.

2 Likes

I am surprised you managed to watch me for 5 days with my horrible schedule. Thanks for time you’ve put into seeing my roleplay + ability to command.

2 Likes

Andy, I am going to be completely honest. When you first posted this app I was very skeptical. Having witnessed you in command since then, I have to change my tune. You are a solid role player and have a good sense for command. I can +1 one this. Good luck.

1 Like

I thank you for the praise, I will be honest at the start of this application. I wasn’t very hopeful either considering my play times and numerous past applications. But I effectively (I didn’t openly state this) ordered myself that I will try my best whenever I had an application up and hold myself to the highest I can possible. Seems this thinking made the difference since my previous applications. I thank you for the luck, I will likely need it.

1 Like

I don’t need to comment on in game skills, they got it down. Playtime is an issue; I get glimpses of you, but most other people don’t. I get it, CMs not important and all that. It’s a shame more people don’t get to see you, you’re actually decent. From what I’ve seen it’s enough to drop a +1.

+1

Also you don’t have to listen or answer any questions from anybody that isn’t a CO councilor just an FYI. Up to you if you do

1 Like

I thank you for your support. I haven’t all the time in the world to play XO. I often play other roles after I do my XO ones to let other plays enjoy the role too. I main setback I believe, as mentioned before, is how often I do play XO which is short considering any possible gaming time is being taken up more and more by IRL things such as touching grass. While that’s all and good I do wish I can spend a bit more time with the community in-game during green shift. Haven’t had a good one since I started the application (And had the role of XO).

Anycase thanks for your support. I hope to shout from the heavens soon enough. See you in the bubble :saluting_face:.

Right! Really sorry for letting this sit on the shelf for so long (a month, jeez). Here’s what the Council have to say about you and your app.

I’ll start by saying I do like the answers you made to everyone’s questions on this thread; you answered everything pretty well and it’s good to see your punctuality. You’ve got a lot of community support on top of that.

Your application itself is good. Your hours were a bit low, but minimum is minimum and we don’t deny people just because they hovered above the threshold. We’re interested in seeing how you plan to carry out these “experimental tactics” in-game, though by no means am I forcing or pressuring you to do so. Play what feels right or fun!

All aside, Council has a majority vote to ACCEPT this application and approve your promotion.

Congratulations, Major Marcotte. Welcome to the CO Whitelist! Perms will be updated shortly.