Timeforcrab - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Timeforcrab

What is your BYOND key?

Timeforcrab

What is your Discord ID?

ploppy6660

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

medical doctor

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

none this is my first one

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Greg

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

sorta a big uncle type personality cracking jokes and puns

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

they would sometimes respond with a slight joke and there advertisement logline is that they where made to make the workforce feel as if there with family again

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I wanna see what its like to rp and play as a synthetic

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

none that I can think of

Synthetic Character Story:

during the current mission on the Almayer a marine would be taken in after being hugged and it would go like this. The doctor takes the man to the surgery room and while Greg is cleaning he see’s the doctor run by quickly “what’s up with them?” says Greg “man got hugged gotta get him surgery and fast” says the doctor “what did a bear hug him and break his bones?” says Greg in a joking manner

Skills:

Engineering:

I have a small bit of knowledge on it I know how to make barricades

Command:

not familiar at all since I don’t play command roles to much

Medical:

I know medical a good amount

Requisitions:

I know how to run the request line and kinda how to send things down

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

i know how to fight to a slight degree and know not to go alone and not chase a xeno into its base

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

no

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

no

Let us know why you were discord banned.

i was not banned so

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

none that i can think of

Hey I’m not a WL but you may wanna work on your story and look at other white lists to get an idea of what they are looking for.

This is supposed to be the name of your character.

I wouldn’t call this a story, it’s like three sentences.

Synthetics do a lot of engineering

This question is asking for you to explain what situations you would be allowed to fight in as a synthetic, not how good you are at it. You can read the programming guidelines to get a better understanding of this.

You should read up on some of the accepted and rejected synthetic applications to see what the whitelist is looking for in applicants.
https://forum.cm-ss13.com/c/whitelist-applications/resolved-whitelist-applications/33

I would suggest closing this application and reviewing other, accepted, apps to get an idea of what is expected.

Furthermore, you need to state what specific character you play as, meaning their name. This is so we can actually know who you are, but also observe you to ascertain your roleplay and mechanical competency.

Hey Timeforcrab and thank you for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist.

As noted by other people here your application is quite a bit below what is expected but I will go over it all just so you have a better idea.

Specific character - We want to know what character you play, not the role.

Personality - Not a bad personality but certainly not very original or impactful, if you can try to pick something you like a lot and incorporate it into your Synthetic.

Your story should explain your Synthetic’s personality and demonstrate how it would work ingame.

Experience - Please get more experience in all aspects, medical is the most important. A Synthetic is expected to do more or less a perfect job in all tasks they might be asked to do.

Combat scenarios - I think it would help for you to review the Synthetic programming guide. Also, we want to see you make some scenarios about when your Synthetic might need to do combat.

For now this application is denied but you can reapply in 30 days. I highly recommend you spend time in getting more experience, and working on your application. Have fun!