Turning the special ammo vendor into a vendor capable of distributing magazine and their boxes.

1- move all the special ammos to req.(it’s supported by the roadmap and i think it make no sense to reward people who rush those vendors.)
2-change the vendor to allow to produce box from magazine like the one in requisition
(i still saw a lot of people painfully loading magazine box just better to do that.)
3- maybe reduce the number of ammo in squad vendors…?

proposing that because i am currently adding the ability to buy all the ammo that’s in there already.
and i hate this vendor that come from an era where we had separated small req…

Rather than letting marines bang up their own Ammo boxes. Should just let req have access to more of the standard ammo boxes.

Unless you remove the need for them or Req to raid the squad preps for ammo. They’re still gonna do it. Hell even when they have no need and have unlimited standard ammo from req. I bet people will still do it.

Yeah, problem with that is, people that rush to req get rewarded just the same. And if you take the special ammo from the vendors you only let more people run to req. Making the “first come first serve” a bit more hectic.

I mean imagine two people standing in a line of 8 people at req, just because they need 2-3 extra mags. And whenthey get them they missed first drop.
With the prep vendors one can get there extra mags in prep and head to the DS, and the other one gets in line that is now one shorter.

Simpel stuff is important to keep a line small. It all adds up after all.

And as an add, for the love of god dont reduce normal ammo in squad vendors.
But the ability for it to box mags is nice. That would make raiding prep so much easier.

edit: Also just saw your pr for this. My guy, people need the flametank pouch for the underbarrel flamer as well.

3 Likes

i will look into turning all the vendor to produce boxes but i am not sure it work…

didn’t know about being usable for the underbarel flamer…
damn… still don’t want to add them back to the vendor probably going to have to make them scaled on pop in the vendor next to the attachment vendor…

mmm maybe i should look into allowing to buy some attachment into a next PR…

I honestly dont get what the point behind it is when you remove that sort of stuff.

In what way does it better the experince if you move and restrict the ammount of flamer fuel pouches? That is a nerf. Does the flamer pouch impact gameplay so much that it needs a nerf?

Same with the Special ammo. The only problem about it you gave, will still persist when the special ammo is fully moved to req.

No reason to fix something that aint broken after all.

2 Likes

This isn’t an issue and there is no need to remove the vendor. Feel free to add more cardboard to Req so they can make more ammo boxes but the vendor is fine as is.

1 Like

restricted weapon should be somewhat consistent in the way they are available for marines(maybe only depend on job).
why call them restricted or special if they are available freely like more common equipment and are just in smaller quantity?

also those vendors are here from when we had squad req i don’t think they work particularity well.

i know that they are used as a solution to have less people in req line but i think we can do better…

2-change the vendor to allow to produce box from magazine like the one in requisition

This will make requisitions even more incentivised to empty squad preps.

If you wish to make the squad prep any more comfortable for the squads, requisitions should lose access to this area. Joining late, only to find no ammo because req went turbo autist and emptied every single mag to box them and drop them in the middle of nowhere is not fun. If the vendors auto-boxed them, they would do it even more - the only thing holding them back right now is that it is a soul-crushing procedure.

These vendors should guarantee that players have a proper starting equipment.

also those vendors are here from when we had squad req i don’t think they work particularity well.
i know that they are used as a solution to have less people in req line but i think we can do better…

I was the one adding squad preps back in the day - as you said, I had the intention of reducing the req line. It did not work out well, squad leads/specs just dumped everything on the table and left. I am glad I got it removed. These current vendors at least keep the items organised.

I think the main problem here is the resource disparity between lowpop and highpop. Lowpop people can all go to requisitions and get served; if there are two people manning the lines, everyone is almost guaranteed to get to the counter. On highpop, if every single marine went to requisitions (to the same two lines), a good bunch of them would miss the first drop.

Simply moving resources around would not help. This is an issue I have been thinking a lot about lately as well - lowpop and highpop gameplay are largely supported by the same mechanics, but the game is mostly geared towards highpop. (Look at FOBs: lowpop FOBs are short on materials because engineers don’t spawn in with their guaranteed amount of mats. Highpop FOBs basically swim in materials. You cannot design maps that work for both, since lowpop maps can be voted during highpop too.)

Maybe look into how to make req scale better? Add some automation to it during highpop? More QoL? I think it would make requisitions “more important” (as per the roadmap) without gimping the average player.

It would be nice if you could vend empty ammo boxes from the vendors without needing to make them, it would help people trying to make up their own supply crates or do something for their loadout.

As someone who has only somewhat recently started boxing ammo for FOB crates, even just adding cardboard to a vendor in squad prep (or into maints nearby prep) would be a huge QoL win. Emptying out buckshot boxes makes a mess.