>> Name >> Fru Pontasi
>> Alias >> ‘Zombie’
>> Age >> 21 Years Old
>> Gender >> Demiman, He/They; AFAB FtM
>> Place of Origin >> Elvicta Colony; Elvicta - Terminated
>> Ethnicity: >> Mixed Ethnicity

Crew Medical Report; USS Almayer, [Year]

>> Blood Type >> O+ (Positive)
>> Chronic Disorders >> Osteoporosis, Opioid Resistance, GAD, PTSD, Clinical Insomnia.
>> On-going Treatments >> HRT, Psychotherapy, Recurrent Osteosynthetics.
>> Scars >> Top, Thoracic, Quad Extremity, and Skull Surgical Scars.

Marine Autobiography; Audio

“Is this where I start talking or something?-”

"Well, I was born about uhhh, 40 years ago or something? Cryostasis is a bitch to constructing timelines, and uh, at some point I was transferred to the USS Almayer- I wasn’t here from the start… However, where I was from the start is Elvicta, what had been a recently terraformed planet. I was 13, living the typical life of a teen on a developing world, when weird dissappearances started happening… First it was wildlife, then it was livestock- then it was people… My parents were among the first to go missing… they didn’t make it out…

In the last days of our sort of organized resistance against the increasing xenomorph population, I was stolen and implanted with their larvae. I’d long since given up any hope of surviving, just waiting in my resin cacoon to die, but death did not come. The squirming of the larvae had stopped, the pain dulling, and my body strangely changing, though insignificant in their effect. The drones ignored me for the most part, maybe even regarded me as their own as they took to feeding me, keeping me alive… A week had passed before anyone came to help, help being in the form of an orbital bombardment and subsequent deployment into the hive, specifically their birthing chamber, where I was. Miraculously, the flames and shrapnel did not harm me too badly, and I was rescued by a corpsman, though by then I was catatonic.

I was taken aboard the USS Frepen, medically examined, isolated for a time as the research team tried to figure me out. After almost a month, I escaped my catatonia, then being acquainted with the ship and it’s crew. They couldn’t exactly release me due to my biological alterations, so the USCM took me under the wing as a military brat. There’d be times where we were docked at stations for resupply or R&R, which I primarily used to socialize, eventually meeting my best friend, now legal spouse, Xafer- for mutual benefits though. Also, with his help, and by further assessing myself alongside others, I even eventually came to find that I’m trans too!

By the age of 19, I was finally admitted for full service for the USCM, and with that, given information on Elvicta… There were no other survivors; the planet was glassed as the hive spread ravenously across it with no chance of stopping it… I’d be lying if I didn’t have survivor’s guilt because of that, even now, but I try to keep moving…

Today, I’m 21 years old, out of my cryopod for the first time in a decade or so? Guess there was some sort of administrative change while we were asleep, so they’re having us do these- not that I necessarily have a problem with it… Helps remind me of who I am… Eh, it’s whatever, I’ll be going back to sleep after this anyways, so I leave you with this: MPs don’t like when you bite people, but it sure as hell is fun when you fight a transphobe."

End of Recording

6 Likes

Holy shit I did not know your character was trans, I legitimately just thought you forgot to change your characters gender in your flavourtext from he to she and was so befuddled at brief when I realised the discrepancy lmao

1 Like

well now we know.

Who?

2 Likes

Fru is always a joy to see around, a great corpsman too. Lovely dossier.

1 Like

i remember you because of your name sounding funny to me, and letting me flatline from green while i was buckled to an office chair after being indiscriminately gunned down for being within 10 tiles of a clf guerilla as a regular survivor, and then an admin whispering to you on my behalf that i forgave you.

the entire chain of events was fucking hilarious to observe, nice to see people sticking around and gaining experience with roles they like.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t a lot of these on-going treatments and chronic disorders flat-out disqualify a person from USCM service?

2 Likes

From gameplay, I suspect most marines have an IQ barely above the freezing point of water, so the USCM is probably accepting just about anyone at this point. I mean shit, Gramps (who likely pre-dates the Cretaceous extinction event) is still in service, so anyone who’s biologically young and fit is a jackpot for the Falling Falcons.

6 Likes

Yeah, but while I like Silverton a lot, he’s considered LRP because he’s so clearly insane.

I’m applying the same line of thinking to an actively disabled marine.

1 Like

Haha fair, you reminded me of the player report where he tried to pretend he was suffering from extreme dementia and forgot where he was to avoid a bad situation, unfathomably based of him lmao

3 Likes

Bro you in the Rejects and Criminals battalion who are on the about to be retired scrapheap, in the worst fleet who get no glory, in the Crayon Eater Corps, who are fighting a bunch of backwater pirates and struggle to win against even them,

2 Likes

I’m still reminded of a failed op in which the Major made an announcement for marines to, “Tell friends, family, and neighbors about the new positions open in the USCM!” Immediately after a failed Evac in which Alamo was lost with the rest of the FOB.

2 Likes

The USCM already takes everyone and anyone as long as you’re selling your soul to the Man for 10 years. The USCM as a whole in lore are well equipped and trained but stretched far and thin - and for the Falcons, like said above, it’s bottom of the barrel. Most A.W.s are also defective other than the whole jail or serve and shitty marines

4 Likes

A.Ws are psychologically defective, with a lot having personality disorders and forms of ASPD not uh brittle bone disease, frequent metal plate surgeries or a mental disorder that could trigger in combat. It’s the same reason why only officers can have the bad leg trait, it isn’t suitable for wet work.

If you wanna like be a bit looney and keep it lore friendly I’d honestly make the implication your character is traumatised due to whatever event and say they’re pending some sort of psych eval back as Chinook tbh

1 Like

HEY FUCK YOU IM DOING MY COMMUTED LIFE SENTENCES

1 Like

predating the age limit change from 160 to 90 is LRP?

3 Likes

i dont think words can describe how much i hate art styles like this one

1 Like

I like it but some people try saying you’re LRP for being in a forced life sentence.

You should welder bomb command

2 Likes

I will welder bomb command with Gramps if our demands are not met.

2 Likes