[Ven's] Runner Strain - Prowler

Desc: You now lose ability to see far, shoot spikes and hide under objects in exchange for stronger pounce, armor and more health.

Abilities:

Passive:
-̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶t̶e̶c̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶o̶r̶s̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶2̶-̶3̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶s̶.̶

• you gain +10 armor.
  • more health, like acid runner? or +40 to runner health because it have armor(?) (can be decided how much in total)

Stronger Pounce: its stronger version from pounce, it allow you to weight on your opponent, with pin them to ground for longer (instead of basic 2 seconds it would be like 3-4), because of that you are unable to move for 2 seconds.

Sumamry:

Pros:

• Stronger Pounce.
  • Little of Armor.
  • Undetectable by motion sensors if stand still. (not laying down)

Cons:

• Pounce will freeze you in place for longer.
  • Lose Far Sight.
  • Lose ability to shoot spikes.
  • Lose ability to “hide” under objects.

Its based on game i recently got, and tuned it to fit CM standards.

P.S. This strain can be modyfied.

1 Like

Xenos are already undetectable by motion sensors if they stay stationary

The sensor tower too

they don’t pick up xenos that aren’t moving

1 Like

the last thing we need is a runner with extra armor
it’s almost like MOTION detector is in the name ya goofball
this is literally just a red lurker

3 Likes

My honest reaction when the cons are just removing all the useless features and being completely irrelevant in a 1v1 scenario with being frozen in place

2 Likes

Damn bro yes reinforce stun gameplay

1 Like

this is just lurker except it’s specialized for 1v1 capping instead of 1v1 killing.

4 Likes

Lurker for people who can’t become T2.

3 Likes

Hey, hey, what about a Defender strain that removes fortify, crest down and tail spin, but gained more speed and ability to grab a marine by the throat and punch it away?

Or a sentinel strain that removes slowing spit, scattered spit and paralyzing slash, but gains acid spit and acid spray?

5 Likes

Why not give marines the ability to get a special upgrade from their vendor for free which removes the ability to use M39s and heavy armour and in turn adds 50 health points plus hardened skin (basically B18 armour which stacks with the normal one).

1 Like

i will rather play 1000 more hours of stun gameplay than whatever the fuck slop gameplay tgmc has now

4 Likes

Not gonna lie the strain name and the attributes you’ve thought of editing don’t really match up in my opinion. A prowler implies sneaky, like a lurker moving silently and stealthily. But what you’ve done is essentially made a baby warrior strain, pounce, grab, drag back.

I don’t think it’s the best idea to be honest.

1 Like

Ok, but whats the point behind the stronger pounce?
It is two seconds longer, but you cant do shit for two seconds as the prowler.
So only giving you two seconds to actually do something effective.
So no change at all really in a 1v1.

And in a 2v1 this actually is worse for the Prowler, because Pounce already puts you in a dangerous position for marines to shoot you. So if there is more then one marine, and you have to sit in place for 2 seconds your just much more likly to die.

This would just make the Prowler even less of a backliner like base runner, and more into the same place as acid. Frontline. Because marines that are stunned for about 4 seconds are basicly free caps. And thats much easier with like 8 xenos around you to help, and they be at the front.

1 Like

3-4 seconds of a marine being stunned is more than enough time to tackle them 4-5 times, making it an instant win button in 1v1s.

And in 2v1s using pounce would just kill the prowler.

2 Likes

Main reason for this strain as unknown920 said.

We have runner, with is light, fast scout unit, with can be used for caps on backline
Acid runner? mini version of boiler, but instead of smoking on rage it kamikaze (like boiler in xeno lore should but its acid runner)
Powler? backliner used in 1v1 fight, good for killing or cap people who do not walk in groups.

Its not like this strain cannot be changed, but its main prupose is to help backline (it require some skill to not die on this strain)

1 Like

A runner that doesn’t get plabbed in one hit is like an angel without its wings

2 Likes

IM GONNA KNOCK YOU OUT

QUEEN MOMMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT

i dig it

Please…

Not another HM nerf

Haven’t we suffered enough?