Unknown

Accused character name:

Luke Collins

What rule(s) were broken?:

Rule 10 Lethal Force

Description of the incident:

Hi, I want someone’s ruling on this.

The Incident Background
I was returning to Brig and noticed the Brig windows all shot out and multiple bullet holes in the walls. The Combat Correspondent was in the area so I asked him.

He said it was Pfc Luke Collins. I checked the prints of the damage. Luke Collins, Luke Collins, Luke Collins etc. I check his location and begin to head to req. On the way, I check medbay personnel scanner and head to the Alamo as I notice he was on there. At this point there was no more than like…3-5 marines onboard. No issue. I order him on the ground (9:29). At this point he wordlessly draws on me and kills me. The marines simple stare, kind of confused, before deciding “Fuck It” and toss me out the back of the Dropship.

If it was not for the CE and a MT, it’s possible I would not have even been revived.

I’m revived but unable to arrest him as he fled to the planet. At some point during this I pinged the admins. No response. I think only a Maintainer was on. I pinged again, no response.

We later arrest Collins, but it lasts less than <5 minutes due to the xenos coming up and he goes SSD pretty much immediately once he’s actually in the brig. The punishment for the crime and breaking a server rule here was virtually non-existent.

This was textbook poor escalation.

Transcript

[05:31] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus asks, “You see who did it?”
[05:38] Daniel Jubileu says, “Who did what”
[05:41] Daniel Jubileu says, “The fight”
[05:46] Daniel Jubileu says, “Oh”
[05:48] Daniel Jubileu says, “Yes”
[05:52] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus yells, “You did?!”
[05:53] Daniel Jubileu says, “It was a marine”
[05:57] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus asks, “Do you know the name?”
[05:59] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus says, “Think real hard”
[06:00] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus asks, “Squad?”
[06:01] Daniel Jubileu says, “He shot the window and ran”
[06:01] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus asks, “Rank?”
[06:07] Daniel Jubileu says, “Hold on”
[06:25] Daniel Jubileu says, “Found it”
[06:36] Daniel Jubileu says, “PFC Luke Collins”
[06:47] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus says, “Thank you”
[06:54] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus asks, “You needed something?”
[06:59] Daniel Jubileu says, “No”
[07:05] Daniel Jubileu says, “Just thinking”
[07:07] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus asks, “CE? MTs?”
[09:12] Daniel Wilson says, “I’m going to yoink some rollerbeds.”
[09:14] Makenzie Kifer says, “Hey Klaus.”
[09:29] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus says, “HALT. ON THE GROUND NOW. You are UNDER ARREST for DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY”
(He draws on me, hitting me and putting me orange almost immediately. I draw the taser and fire…two? Three shots? I’m dead before I hit the ground)
[09:44] Roy ‘Dutch’ Holland says, “Errr.”
[09:47] Greta Bjornsdottir says, “Bro”
[09:50] Roy ‘Dutch’ Holland says, “Damn.”
[10:13] Uriel ‘Encino Man’ Payan shouts, “Damn!”
[10:19] Muddy Tilwater says, “Just leave him”
[10:21] Muddy Tilwater says, “He was assking for it”
[10:35] James ‘Packrat’ Kazman says, “Ha”
(I am gunned down and am tossed out the back of the Dropship by one of the marines speaking = without any attempt to render aid or bring me to aid. At this point, I don’t believe Collins has said a single thing yet.)
[10:55] Ji-Ho ‘Timber’ Lim shouts, “MEDIC TO THE MEDBAY, DEAD MP!”
[11:57] Daniel Wilson says, “Superficial wounding, will check for organ damage.”
[11:57] Makenzie Kifer says, “Christ.”
[11:58] Shane Kiefer says, “Get him up”
[12:05] Shane Kiefer says, “Boy”
[12:22] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus says, “CO”
[12:42] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus says, “Pfc Luke Collins just killed me. I was arresting him for destruction in the brig”
[13:04] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus says, “I can’t. He deployed”

I feel like at least a warning note is due in this case for future reference, otherwise it could be done again without any consequence.

Evidence:

In Game Transcript from Recorder:

[05:31] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus asks, “You see who did it?”
[05:38] Daniel Jubileu says, “Who did what”
[05:41] Daniel Jubileu says, “The fight”
[05:46] Daniel Jubileu says, “Oh”
[05:48] Daniel Jubileu says, “Yes”
[05:52] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus yells, “You did?!”
[05:53] Daniel Jubileu says, “It was a marine”
[05:57] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus asks, “Do you know the name?”
[05:59] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus says, “Think real hard”
[06:00] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus asks, “Squad?”
[06:01] Daniel Jubileu says, “He shot the window and ran”
[06:01] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus asks, “Rank?”
[06:07] Daniel Jubileu says, “Hold on”
[06:25] Daniel Jubileu says, “Found it”
[06:36] Daniel Jubileu says, “PFC Luke Collins”
[06:47] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus says, “Thank you”
[06:54] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus asks, “You needed something?”
[06:59] Daniel Jubileu says, “No”
[07:05] Daniel Jubileu says, “Just thinking”
[07:07] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus asks, “CE? MTs?”
[09:12] Daniel Wilson says, “I’m going to yoink some rollerbeds.”
[09:14] Makenzie Kifer says, “Hey Klaus.”
[09:29] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus says, “HALT. ON THE GROUND NOW. You are UNDER ARREST for DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY”
[09:44] Roy ‘Dutch’ Holland says, “Errr.”
[09:47] Greta Bjornsdottir says, “Bro”
[09:50] Roy ‘Dutch’ Holland says, “Damn.”
[10:13] Uriel ‘Encino Man’ Payan shouts, “Damn!”
[10:19] Muddy Tilwater says, “Just leave him”
[10:21] Muddy Tilwater says, “He was assking for it”
[10:35] James ‘Packrat’ Kazman says, “Ha”
[10:55] Ji-Ho ‘Timber’ Lim shouts, “MEDIC TO THE MEDBAY, DEAD MP!”
[11:57] Daniel Wilson says, “Superficial wounding, will check for organ damage.”
[11:57] Makenzie Kifer says, “Christ.”
[11:58] Shane Kiefer says, “Get him up”
[12:05] Shane Kiefer says, “Boy”
[12:22] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus says, “CO”
[12:42] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus says, “Pfc Luke Collins just killed me. I was arresting him for destruction in the brig”
[13:04] Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus says, “I can’t. He deployed”

CE ‘Timber’ Lim, here. I was helping my trainee PVT learn how to operate the orbital cannon. I heard some commotion over an MP getting shot on the dropship, and went to investigate because I am a shameless drama whore. The MP was indeed left dead and bleeding outside the rear hatch of the Alamo, rather than the closer-to-medical-and-visible-to-their-staff Starboard doors.

I fireman carried them to medical, ordered medical attention over comms, and gave CPR while a nurse treated them in the medbay. After being revived I gave a ‘hold’ order to help them up, which they used to run to the departed Alamo. I had no other interaction with Klaus until post-mission when they were negotiation with the XO for an execution of the offending marine.

1 Like

Hey there, apologies for the delay in logs being posted. This should be everything relevant.

Key:
Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus/Vispain
Luke Collins/ClownlordDave

Logs

[2023-07-03 04:47:53.174] SAY: Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus [1]: HALT. ON THE GROUND NOW. You are UNDER ARREST for DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY (CKEY: Vispain) (JOB: Military Police)

[2023-07-03 04:47:56.382] EMOTE: Luke Collins/ClownlordDave : yawns.

[2023-07-03 04:47:58.407] ATTACK: ClownlordDave/(Luke Collins) shot Vispain/(Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus) with a buckshot shell in the Dropship Alamo X=114;Y=51;Z=3

[2023-07-03 04:47:58.456] ATTACK: ClownlordDave/(Luke Collins) shot Vispain/(Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus) with an additional buckshot in the Dropship Alamo X=114;Y=51;Z=3

[2023-07-03 04:47:58.506] ATTACK: ClownlordDave/(Luke Collins) shot Vispain/(Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus) with an additional buckshot in the Dropship Alamo X=114;Y=51;Z=3

[2023-07-03 04:47:58.508] EMOTE: Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus/Vispain : screams!

[2023-07-03 04:47:58.509] ATTACK: ClownlordDave/(Luke Collins) shot Vispain/(Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus) with an additional buckshot in the Dropship Alamo X=114;Y=51;Z=3

[2023-07-03 04:48:00.606] ATTACK: ClownlordDave/(Luke Collins) shot Vispain/(Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus) with an additional buckshot in the Dropship Alamo X=114;Y=51;Z=3

[2023-07-03 04:48:00.607] ATTACK: Vispain/(Cassius 'Santa' Klaus) tased ClownlordDave/(Luke Collins) in the Dropship Alamo (113,47,3).

[2023-07-03 04:48:01.056] ATTACK: Vispain/(Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus tased ClownlordDave/(Luke Collins) in the Dropship Alamo (113,47,3).

Heya!
So looking through all this stuff it seems like a really clear case of Improper Escalation. Them shooting you just for you trying them arrest them is very much against server rules. So this report will be accepted.

ClownlordDave will receive a heavy warning for IE taking into account their note history.
I think it goes without saying but shooting at MPs for trying to do a regular arrest is very much against our escalation rules and is something that shouldnt be happening at all.