Round ID:

Your character name:

Cassius ‘Santa’ Klaus

Their BYOND key:

lynxsolstice

What are you reporting?:

Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:

Hi. The TLDR is that I feel my note is a misrepresentation of my response to the moderator’s ping.

Reason for the Note:
Basically, I walled in a singular marine during the middle of a round on LV. I had incorporated the body into my defenses, but it certainly wasn’t necessary. I did it out of boredom, while building said defenses. At the time the rule on walling in had slipped my mind and I did even think it mattered. I was wrong. No denial there.

What I am contesting is the language used in my note, which I feel misrepresented my position in an overly negative way in contrast to what I actually said. It is a Heavy Warning too, which I did not feel was appropriate (but hey maybe it is… I don’t know what the rules are on that), so I felt like it is even more important that what I said is properly represented.

Heavy Warning for Rule 6, Metagaming. Player, as a drone, walled in a Marine corpse nowhere near the frontline or natural defenses. The argument was “They will perma with or without the walls so it doesn’t matter.” by lynxsolstice (Moderator) on 2023-10-11 20:45:00 (ID: 19031)

That’s a ““direct”” quote in a permanent heavy note which is not what I actually said.

What I actually said when pinged:
“…That’s not allowed? He’s not even near the frontline lol. He’s like so far away he’s gonna perma with wall or not.”

I genuinely forgot about the rule and did not even know where it was located in the rules. I briefly discussed with Backsea this at the same time but in the end, I did some quick research in the rules on my own and found the rule and realized I was in the wrong. RIP.

All I ask for is that the note please reflects what I actually said in response to the ping instead of a falsely representative, paraphrased statement that appears on the note as a direct quote.

Have a good one.

Evidence:

2 Likes

You broke a rule and you got warned. It’s just semantics at this point, this is not a reportable issue.

Added report:denied and removed report:pendinglogs