WarAnarchist - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - WarAnarchist

What is your BYOND key?
WarAnarchist

What is your Discord ID?
MF D00M the F00n#6643

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?
Johann Bokkstedt

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?
N/A

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:
Howard

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?
Howard is a more “philosophical”-type, despite lacking a proper conscience, he often expresses question for the natural world and the unnatural, seeking to explore further and find the truth to life among the stars.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?
Howards’ interaction with the marines aboard the Almayer is like one to a coworker - respectful, but laid back and carefree. For command, it is an employee talking to their boss - polite, respectful, and unquestioning. It is his duty.

In a one-on-one conversation, Howard would enjoy discussing the potential truths of the universe - not in a “I think,” capacity, but in a “What if,” owing to his own realization that he is not living, but a machine. He asks questions, like a child, but instead of his lack of understanding, its because he wants to understand more.

“Howard - Created with Curiosity in Question”

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
Only recently have I seen an increase of Synthetic players - but I still see it as an underpreformed role. Synthetics have a very large capability that are taken for granted, whether it be roleplay or functionality to help the Marines come out successful. Instead of being stuck in the OT workshop or Req, it provides a functional role that can do nearly anything required, anywhere - it’s very appealing for someone who wants to be able to do what is needed at any given moment, like me.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
My most memorable interaction was when a Working Joe rebelled against the Almayer during a Xeno highjacking, calling in UPP reinforcements so we could protect it and take control of the ship. It ended badly, and the Working Joe defected to the xenomorphs - but that was amazing.

Synthetic Character Story:
Downtime on the Almayer was always a sacred activity - between missions, there was always a tight schedule to get everything back in place before everyone had to hit the cryosleep pods again, for god knows how long.

As Req-Techs cleaned rifles and loaded up crates to send back into the depths of the cargo hold, Howard took to discussion with a marine he was accompanying. As they loaded boxes, small talk became larger.

“You know, Howard,” the marine grunted as he shoved a box of 10x24 magazines onto the cargo elevator. “For a synthetic, you ask a lot of weird questions.”

The synth picked up a pallet of deployable barriers with ease and sat it down on the elevator next to the marine. “I ask them only because they are genuine questions,” he replied, turning back around to grab more.

“What kind of answer is that? Stop being cryptic,” the marine again grunted, rolling his dying cig from one corner of his mouth to the next. Annoyed at the synth, yes, but also curious himself.

The synth returned with another box, setting it down on the elevator. “I was created with curiosity in mind. There is plenty that you and I know about our world, but also plenty we don’t know as well.” The synthetic stopped as it worked its way past the labryinth of boxes to the cargo elevator control to send it all down. “I was designed to answer questions - simply put, there’s too many to answer. So I ask them myself.”

The marine shrugged. “I can get behind that. You know, you remind me of a kid-” the marine paused, looking at a box blankly before shaking his head. Bad memories. “Yeah. A kid. Uncorrupted curiosity about a pure world. If only,” the marine sighed, continuing to work relentlessly at the crates.

Howard smiled. “Maybe I am,” he gave a chuckle. “But I would like to consider myself… a dreamer, but without imagination. I think about possibilities… not fantasize about them.” The elevator returned, a blank slate to be filled with olive green boxes.

The marine relented, spitting out the cigarette stub and snuffing it out with his boot. “Can’t argue with that, now, let’s focus on filling this up,” he sighed, looking over at the Synth who was already hard at work again.

Skills:

Engineering:
Familiar. I’m not confident in hacking, but repairing or creating defense lines I am decently versed in.

Command:
Vaguely. I process things slowly sometimes and have a habit of not paying attention, so I have stayed away from command roles unless I have no choice.

Medical:
Familiar. I was not trained in surgery but I am confident in my chemistry and first-aid skills, and am working on learning surgery.

Requisitions:
Semi-Familiar. Not much experience but I have dabbled in it.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
Yes. I was banned for putting an SSD’d marine in the gibber and shooting him without escalation. I took my punishment without argument.

Are you currently banned from our Discord?
N/A

Let us know why you were discord banned.
N/A

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
I have a history, albeit small, of infractions against the rules but I ask that I am not judged on them alone, I make mistakes sometimes and I assure that I will do my best to not break the rules to the point of banning again. I thoroughly enjoy the CM13 community and the Aliens franchise and in the day that I was banned found out the experience of “Fucking around” was not worth the potential fun I could have had if I was not banned.

It would be advisable to request withdraw ASAP, as the ban within a month is an immediate disqualification. Furthermore, synthetics need to be very clean note-wise. If you want to play a troublemaker I would suggest making a specific character for it, that way you can always say “hey all those incidents were me being Jan Young The Troublemaker MT, look at Johann my serious character for examples that I can play by the rules”.

Synthetic is not a learning role. It is good that you recognize deficiencies in areas such as surgery but you should be an expert, not actively learning surgery when applying. The one field you don’t need to be an expert in is command, simply being familiar with how overwatch and main command consoles work, as well as how to add IFF and ship access or switch people in squads is sufficient, as well as being familiar with ML.

When you write your story, you want something that’s several pages long. Most of the time people use a google doc. We want examples of different kinds of scenarios your character might be in that reasonably fit with an average round, focusing on dialogue with a secondary look at actions.

1 Like

Ah, alright then - I’ll probably be fine by the time I can resubmit an application anyways. As for the story, I generally just took a look around the other applications for a length requirement, I would say clarify you want it a big longer, however it’s not my place to judge. I’ll continue learning the more advanced ropes, I just haven’t had the opportunity so far.

But, yes, if it’s an immediate disqualification, I would like to request to withdraw it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.