Whaling Event

I propose a whaling event. During the event a single marine is designated whaler, a single Crusher re-sprited white will act as the whale, and the MST will act as wellerman with support of req.

At the start of the round an ahelped CO will inherit the captains Blood Fever to hunt the whale and become the whaler, spawning with customary whaler skin and leather garb and the Harpoon. The Harpoon will be the only weapon the whaler captain may use, else invoke the Curse of Dishonor (abomb).

The harpoon acts as an alien mine, tethering the Whale to the Captain whaler. It deals 100 damage once per toss, and can be shaken off by the Whale should it break the Captain’s arms. The Whale will have a buff in the form of 900 more HP than base Crusher.

During briefing the Wellerman (MST) must order and load supplies for the whaling crew (marines) aboard the whaling vessel (DS) in the form of Saltpork, Rum, and Tobacco. The Captain and marines must consume these rations at a markedly increased rate or become exhausted from starvation. Also during briefing any one crewmember may mutiny and challenge the captain to a duel of black powder pistols arbitrated by the CMP. The loser will be perma. Any dishonorable duel will invoke the Curse. The winner inherits the burden of the Blood Fever, garb, and Harpoon along with duty to hunt the whale.

After the expedition first lands it is up to the marines to support the Captain in his Blood Fever rage in harpooning the whale and dragging it to FOB dead or alive. The Captain solely must land the killing harpoon or offenders will suffer the Curse if not promptly thrown overboard (executed). The job of the Whale at this stage is to evade and elude the Captain with help of the Hive by any means. The marines fail if they all die, or the Captain fails to haul in the Whale before the Wellerman runs out of tobacco and saltpork, and everyone starves.

7 Likes

WHITE WHALE! HOLY GRAIL!

2 Likes

also the captain should spawn with a robotic leg or robot arm and eye patch. with the captain being renamed ahab and the mst renamed Ishmael

Oh yes, and let’s rename it to Moby-Dick :roll_eyes:

Dudes got beef with classic literature :skull:

4 Likes

With Hell’s heart I stab at thee. Aye, aye! and I’ll chase him round Good Hope, and round the Horn, and round the Norway Maelstrom, and round perdition’s flames.

2 Likes

We’re whalers on the moon, we carry a harpoon. But there are no whales, so we tell tall tales and sing our whaling tune

sounds like something a predator would do, hunting a unique aquatic crusher

There once was a ship that put to sea
The name of the ship was the Billy of Tea
The winds blew up, her bow dipped down
O blow, my bully boys, blow (Huh!)