What is the CANC?

I assume it’s meant to be Canadian Army Naval Command or something, and is probably supposed to be a sub set of the canadian colonial armed forces

This is literally the only mention of both the LACN(Latin American Colonial Navy) and CCAF on the entire CM (not AVP) wiki.

1 Like

bro no one cares about fucking canada

10 Likes

True.

you could google the CCAF but not CANC?

4 Likes

i dont live in Mexico to know what is this thing.

That’s clearly not the Same CANC, that one is from the UPP, this one is from the UA,

However, her USCM focus has alienated much of the CPO’s support in other government organisations, with CPO support falling rapidly in the LACN and the CANC as HMM support in both of the organisations was flourishing.

just because they’re not from the UA it doesn’t mean all diplomatic doors are shut nor that they don’t have any influence.

even though the LACN is still in the UA, every country retains its independence to some degree, with UA entities only pulling strings ever so slightly (think of it like a super NATO): the south American UA countries are independent enough that they have to be convinced by Vaughn, it’s not like, some executive power she holds

by extent, the CANC held at least some stakes in this, and the fact that the CCAF is under-geared and under-trained compared to the USCM further proves that it’s not some Canadian command entity. like said above, they don’t give a fuck about Canada either

1 Like

Pretty sure by other government organisations they mean “government organisations that are PART of the UA”

I don’t see why the hell they’d have people of a UA political ideology in the UPP government.

Also

you’re missing the point - these political entities interact with each other even if they’re not part of the same government

CANC support towards the HMM and the CPO matters because the CANC was one of the geopolitical entities they were supposed to work with after the peace treaty was made

as for the ‘dates’ -

the CANC was absorbed at an unspecified date, but later than 2163. the CM13 wiki article you’re quoting talks exactly about that time period

1 Like

Ok so i think you right but that the way it’s just the wording makes it seem like it’s a UA organisation and not a different government’s organisation.

I think it would be better if it was something like “Foreign Governments, such as the CANC, were less willing to have diplomatic ties with the CPO” or something like that.

1 Like

“Mourão Belt”? Who had the idea of adding the name of one of the worst officers the Brazillian military ever had to a dang headquarters? Funnily enough there is even a contemporary “Mourão” too, that is just as stupid as the 1960s one.

It’s because, as we all know, Sci-fi military writers have a long list of popular figures, both loved and hated, and they just throw darts at the list and pick the name the dart landed on.

And besides,the M3 tank is known as the “Lee” after General Lee who fought against the USA.

CCAF is the Capellian Confederation Armed Forces.

1 Like