what is with people using hand labeler on pill bottles?

Wondering if in my days away from medical things have changed. It seems every time I play HM the bottles in the smart fridge are hand labels and I have to spend time on ground trying to figure out what bottles are which, or just give up and use what’s already in my lifesavers bag.

did something change? is there a reason that people opt to label with the hand labeler now?

it’s infinitely less clicks for the doctor

you can right click the pill bottles to give them whatever 2 letter/number combo you want.

3 Likes

that’s the thing though usually I’ll see them have a longer label like " Kelotane 7.5u dermaline 7.5 u OD 15u" or rarely the “KDT” MBT" ones

You guys know you can put pill bottles in the pill making machine and label them in there, and it’ll automatically label both the sprite and the item, while also instantly putting any pills you make into the bottle

2 Likes

yes, I am asking why they haven’t been doing that recently. instead they are using the hand labeler and it’s not labeling the sprite. making the HM’s job harder.

probably just dont know its a mechanic

3 Likes

this is where the issue is
people will put these instead of two letters IA ,MB and KD etc will auto label onto the sprite where as the ones you’ve mentioned won’t

1 Like

He’s not a knower, also lol to the “back in my days”

Okay, as someone who has been training a few docs recently, I can confirm that we have quite a few people playing doc who are either returning to CM after a VERY long break, people who have experience playing on other stations where this is the norm, or completely new docs who are unaware of the label function on the ChemMaster. Also, I have noticed at least one doctor insist that these longer labels are actually better for medics, but I don’t think they represent the majority. So yeah, this is just a phase we’re going through as a new player wave sweeps through medical.

2 Likes

If you want pills with a 2 letter icon you can right click the bottle and set whatever you want there, even as a medic. I think you misinterpreted what I wrote.

Doctors don’t need to set the label when the medics can do it themselves, right

this is just segrain doing this
gwendolyn fair folk or w/e

The turnover of doctors and nurses(lol) willing to do chemistry is high, the “gameplay” of it is uninteresting. Making the same four or five mixes. Anything interesting you could possibly make, like 60u MB+KD pills, pills to cure three different ODs, Nutriment pills, or balanced Soporific painkillers(yes if you know how you can make a painkiller 25% stronger than Oxy using Soporific without downside) are hampered by limited dispenser power, unwritten rules and having to factory churn dozens of pill bottles to medics that probably haven’t read a guide and have no ambition to improve with the role they choose to play.

3 Likes

well i not play a lot of doctor but i think make they job quick

True that chemline gameplay can be very bland and repetitive, trust me as platinum doctor who enjoys chemistry I know. But sometimes when I’m on chemline duty and a medic orders something and I have an improved alternative I made I ask them if they want to try and explain its benefits. That way you can both create a small RP moment and teach the medic a new trick.
Or just start a debate on whether peridaxon belongs in UNGA or not, like pineapple on pizza lol

1 Like

Probably returning doctors as others have said.

We did it that way for years.

virus food or nutriment belongs in UNGA…

I guess explaining new chems would be a cool alternative to just complaining about the mold growing black, I’m probably too negative

KD is kelotane dermaline, a potent burn healing mix

MB is meralyne bicaridine, the same for brute

a T at the end is I’m guessing tricordrazine, which heals basic non suffocation damage, and is good to add to things to round out healing

1 Like

There is at least one player that does this on purpose knowing that you can label the pill bottles with a two letter code, but they choose not to when they make their pill bottles for corpsmen.

1 Like

Remember when TB used to be the go to for brute before M was added?

1 Like