What's A Hobby You're Proud of Outside of CM?

Agree with Arty here; post the bonsai! Bonsai’s entire appeal is the “ugliness”; it’s meant to display the beauty of old, resilient nature. (Gross oversimplification, and probably downright wrong)

2 Likes

I roll Tau, with a side of Necrons and Mechanicus. Fortunatly for my wallet, i haven’t started properly collecting atm.

2 Likes

Im not very good at it. Its more that ive kept it alive.

It isnt pretty though. Like… dont expect it to look LIKE a bonsai.

When i got it it was cut in half and in the lowes bin for 2 bucks

1 Like

Even so! The fact that that it’s been alive so long has me begging to get a look.

2 Likes

Tiger bark ficus

Had to dig through my files for a picture of around when I got it.

Original front and original back… you can see where someone chopped it good before I got it.

4 Likes

And today.

You can still see that original cut on the back… but now its super grown out from roots.

Much more TREE shaped… maybe another 19 years we will be pretty. Steady improvement.

Washed the bark a little to bring out the colors

9 Likes

I really wanna GM a CM themed TTRPG if I can get like 4 players together who can agree on a weekly/biweekly time slot.

3 Likes

I am a poet, currently I am writting a small poetry collection.
I also am a huge book worm when it comes to reading, mostly philosophy, ethics, Psychology and theology.

Recently finished Spinoza’s the ethics and gotta say its a good yet hard read due to him useing teh geometric method in his philosophy. but I like his conceptualizations of God, emotion, rationality and a few others. Defeintly one of the best systematic writers ever really

3 Likes

Sounds dope. LMK if it starts coming together.

2 Likes

Honestly, I think it’s a lot more attractive than you give yourself credit for. The crooked stems and branches really help to attest to the tree’s age (what bonsai enthusiasts are looking for) and the exposed roots, if you ask me, really help to speak to the tree’s strength.

Give yourself some more credit! It’s great!

3 Likes

We’re currently doing this one

It’s like a narrative legacy game where you vote on decisions which impact the Kingdom and you play as a House like game of thrones style. Very fun.

After we’re done with that we’re going to be doing Frosthaven

2 Likes

Love me some Miniature Wargaming and Homebrewing.

Working on some Napoleonics now.

2 Likes

Those both look super dope, I may have to check them out!

2 Likes

Nothing beats sitting by a bonfire with a few ciders and some mates blowing stuff up and shooting the shit.

3 Likes

Being the second-most active likespammer on the forums, of course. Everyone less active than me is a baldie and everyone more active a bot (@dukeofcagliostro).
grafik

5 Likes

Or be the chad “I just don’t like whats being said” like me.

2 Likes

My favorite hobby outside of CM is working with animals, at home I raise llamas and ponies and for my school, I raise goats for our county fair

4 Likes

Typically drawing or playing other games. Starsector has been a recent addiction that makes me suffer the same timeloss as CM.

It’s also finally warming up for me to do Airsoft without risking frostbite again! Which is nice. Soggy targets aren’t fun, or treading through snow to my jerryrigged shooting range.

2 Likes

bonsai cultivation is a multigenerational thing, I inherited a some 300 year pine one through a familial inheritance - it is also ugly and was mismanaged for probably some 100 years.

a hobby “I’m proud of outside digital ********” is my 5 decades of scuba diving.

7 Likes

5 decades damn

2 Likes